Marketplace issues?

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the last week or so I've been getting lots of errors on the Marketplace - Internal Server errors in search, and "Access denied" errors when trying to buy. It's not consistent, might be ok after a few minutes, or hours, and then start again.

Anyone else? Or is this just me?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey there!

Is the error you are encountering something like this when you try to check out?

Access to cashier.secondlife.com was denied. You don't have authorization to view this page. HTTP ERROR 403

If so, this is a known issue that we're digging into. However, clearing your cache/cookies should resolve the problem. If you continue to encounter any issues, or if you're experiencing an entirely different error,  feel free to contact Support and we'll investigate further :)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kristin Linden said:

Hey there!

Is the error you are encountering something like this when you try to check out?

Access to cashier.secondlife.com was denied. You don't have authorization to view this page. HTTP ERROR 403

If so, this is a known issue that we're digging into. However, clearing your cache/cookies should resolve the problem. If you continue to encounter any issues, or if you're experiencing an entirely different error,  feel free to contact Support and we'll investigate further :)

Yes that's exactly it.

Clearing cache and cookies has sometimes helped but not every time.

10 hours ago, Kristin Linden said:

It's about 20 minutes or so that I'm getting this error

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.de761602.1575718946.78dd458

and i can't access Marketplace as a whole service.

• Like 3

Well, it appears that error is coming up for secondlife.com as well as the MP.  My.secondlife.com seems to be connecting ok at the moment.  No mention of the issue on Second Life Status page. Going to file a support ticket...

Update (30 seconds later, lol) - both sites are reachable now (for me).  This does need to be addressed by LL though - it is happening sporadically and unpredictably, so something's not working properly.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Update

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 3:01 AM, Kristin Linden said:

Hey there!

It's isn't help me. I still have this trouble:

I've been getting this message below since yesterday. What's happening?!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access to cashier.secondlife.com was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403
Edited by Sweetgirl0011

My workaround for now is to just use another browser; for me the primary problem appears to occur when I'm using Firefox... which is odd, because I was literally able to check out on Marketplace and then five minutes later (because I realized I'd forgotten something) this problem started and hasn't resolved.  Fingers crossed it will soon straighten itself out.

Looks like a database issue to me, because some articles are missing title and description, some articles still have their title.

So, i was able to buy / checkout this article which still has its title but is missing its description:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DT-Dead-Tattoo-Maitreya/9227314

What i actually wanted to buy in the first place is this article which is missing both title and description:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Expressive-PonyHUD-make-Pony-or-Horse-Sounds-and-emotes/2551235

So, since the cashier needs to display the article's title on the "bill", the server gets an error if the title is not available.

Btw.: I never got an access denied error yet, i also tried clearing cookies and stuff, did not help.

Edited by Genya84

2 hours ago, Genya84 said:

Looks like a database issue to me, because some articles are missing title and description, some articles still have their title.

So, i was able to buy / checkout this article which still has its title but is missing its description:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DT-Dead-Tattoo-Maitreya/9227314

What i actually wanted to buy in the first place is this article which is missing both title and description:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Expressive-PonyHUD-make-Pony-or-Horse-Sounds-and-emotes/2551235

So, since the cashier needs to display the article's title on the "bill", the server gets an error if the title is not available.

Btw.: I never got an access denied error yet, i also tried clearing cookies and stuff, did not help.

Genya, I am so glad I just saw your post. Yes, something is wrong with the listings. I've been trying to list new items and correct the errors/missing information on others all morning.  The system sometimes takes the edit and other times does not - totally inconsistent.  I just filed a JIRA for this issue: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228270  I don't know if it is related to the Internal Server Error or other errors mentioned in this thread.

Thank you Arwen for filing the JIRA, that showed me a workaround, changing the language.
So with this workaround i was indeed able to buy the previously mentioned article which is missing title and description in the german languange,
but is showing them in the english languange:

3 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

I don't know if it is related to the Internal Server Error or other errors mentioned in this thread.

Seems like the cashier relies on having the article's title available in the currently selcted languange for generating the "bill",
and as already mentioned, so if it's not available it's causing a (Internal) Server Error. At least that's how i take it.

Edited by Genya84
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Genya84 said:

Seems like the cashier relies on having the article's title available in the currently selcted languange for generating the "bill",
and as already mentioned, so if it's not available it's causing a (Internal) Server Error. At least that's how i take it.

Just tried this with a listing that did not have an item title or description in a non-English language.  The invoice shows only the Merchant name and visit the store link.  No item name. I tried to buy it and got the (Internal) Server Error message, so you are absolutely right!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.