Underwhelmed by the Reveal Homes

Mrs Sassypants

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can understand what the OP is saying.

I think so far LL have done a wonderful job with all the new homes and environments (love all the landscaping!), and I think the Victorians are even better than the traditionals. It's clear to see they have tried to make a big improvement over the first gen homes, and the demand for them shows success. I've been having a lot of fun with my new home and just exploring all the new areas, so it's a success in my eyes.  It's also been nice to see end enjoy all the community spirited things that have come out of it too.

With the demand we've seen for the traditional houses I don't think there will be a shortage of people wanting the Victorians. I do however wonder if this theme was part of the original project precisely because they are so similar to the trads in design. Perhaps the demand pushed LL to just tweak the trads in order to quickly provide more homes. But at this point I'm not sure it really matters as I think they will be snapped up quickly by those still waiting for a trad, (or any new home), so if it makes lots of people happy that's great. I really feel for those getting frustrated with not being able to get one right now, so if the new release solves that problem for a while, fantastic.

Having said that, I personally would have like to see something markedly different on offer compared to the traditionals.  Like the OP I admit I also was a little dissapointed when there were indications recently that they were Victiorians. I had been so looking forward to something 'new'.  I think this sums it up well:

9 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

They are nice - but are they distinct enough?

If we go to the old linden homes...

Meadowbrook and Tahoe are the two that most resemble each other - and that is quite an imagination stretch for me to say even that. Basically, all they have in common is 'modern designs'. Elderglen is fantasy-faerie and Shareta is medieval Japan. Radical departures. Basically... on the old homes, all four themes had more 'distance' between them than Traditional and Victorian have.

When the first releases happened earlier this year and speculation began about themes I kinda assumed LL would go a similar route, i.e. have all the themes more distinct. Granted, houseboats and campers are. But not the trads and Victorians. So it's making me doubt now that distinct themes are coming in the future. I really do hope I'm wrong so that there is more variety to choose from. I'm sticking with my houseboat for now because the other homes are not really my thing, but I would like there to be something else that I would like better (crosses fingers for a more minimalist style, big windows, open plan like the meadowbrooks were).

I don't want to detract from the lovely work the LL folks have done (Moles, yay), I'm enjoying it all,  but I agree with the OP.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

Interesting to see the first time posters joining the forums and coming straight in to comment on this thread.  🙄

My opinion.  The victorian houses look nice.  I have done the traditional, a houseboat and trailer.  I stuck with the trailer because I liked that best but my alt might try for a victorian.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's under laying insult isn't it Cindy ? 😏Like first posters aren't allowed to react on topics.  Normal I prefer to read, but I thought it was pretty pity to roast someone on there opinion.

So you like the new house that's your opinion and that's fine, it would be very boring if everyone had the same taste not?

I have been in the houses campers and trailer, I think the boat is fun nice open space , trailer is more of a Holliday fun as well, the house I liked as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

but I would like there to be something else that I would like better (crosses fingers for a more minimalist style, big windows, open plan like the meadowbrooks were).

which is where i was hoping maybe a more urban theme blended from the suburban theme might have come into play .. like, driving out of the suburbs into the City - it would have been great to have that diversity yet continuity.

I loved your post and i'm so happy people 'get' where i was coming from. I can't pick a point in it that i would disagree with, it sums up perfectly how i felt in my OP. 

I certainly didn't want to detract from the work that LL do to provide us with these awesome homes, its really appreciated and i do really love my tradtional but like yourself, i was hoping for something a little more 'different', however reading through the thread i can also see why the 'victorian' was introduced :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.