Premium Prepay again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Hello again, and happy Tuesday! Premium Prepay is now available for anyone whose billing date is up to 2 years out.  To take advantage of this, you will need to 

1) Change your membership type to Annual if it isn't already

2) Select the option to pay $89 and have your next billing date be current_date + 1 year

3) pay the cashier

We're sorry that the limitations on Prepay had not been initially communicated. To make up for it, we've now removed the limitations.  

...I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Confirmed - my alt that had a renewal date in 2021 and did not have the prepay option now does:

image.png.79bc475433199522cabaf25f750cb60a.png

Now I have to figure out which / how many accounts to prepay given that Premium Plus should show up within the first half of next year.  Even with Premium Plus, I'll still maintain more than one Premium because I still want more than one type of Premium home and I can't imagine the limitation of 'one home per Premium' will be lifted for even a Premium Plus account.

I am also assuming that when the Premium Plus does roll out, they'll have an upgrade path that takes into account however far out into the future our current Premium is paid for -- since @Grumpity Linden had said that they would do that when the last prepay offer was made.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:

So a 10 dollar rebate for paying 2 years in advance.

Why do I feel underwhelmed ?

It's not a rebate, it is a lower payment up front.  It is $10 cheaper for paying one year in advance - or depending on your current renewal date, then $20 cheaper for paying 2 years in advance.

The old rate was $79/yr before the increase a few months ago.  The new rate is $99/year.  This current promo simply lets you get your next renewal at $89/yr if you want to pay them now instead of whenever it comes due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Premium - Annual Membership USD 99.00 per year

For a limited time, you can prepay for another billing cycle at the promotional price!
Your next billing date is currently Tuesday, January 21, 2020.

Charge me USD 89.00 today, and resume automatic billing after Thursday, January 21, 2021 at USD 99.00 every 12 month(s)

Charge me USD 178.00 today, and resume automatic billing after Friday, January 21, 2022 at USD 99.00 every 12 month(s)  (wow they assume I will be around in 2022, do I get a refund if I die, quit or sl closes off logins??)

Edited by Tarina Sewell

32 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Premium - Annual Membership USD 99.00 per year

For a limited time, you can prepay for another billing cycle at the promotional price!
Your next billing date is currently Tuesday, January 21, 2020.

Charge me USD 89.00 today, and resume automatic billing after Thursday, January 21, 2021 at USD 99.00 every 12 month(s)

Charge me USD 178.00 today, and resume automatic billing after Friday, January 21, 2022 at USD 99.00 every 12 month(s)  (wow they assume I will be around in 2022, do I get a refund if I die, quit or sl closes off logins??)

My previous screenshot was for an alt that had already paid through 2021, so it let her renew through 2022.  LittleMe did not do the prepay before, so her renewal was in 2020. The current deal lets her pick one or two years of prepay also.  SO it looks like the modification will let you prepay 1 or 2 years, whichever takes you in to 2022 - or roughly thereabouts.  Before the recent change, it wasn't giving that alt a prepay option at all.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

This is so confusing. On the blog post, it says my next billing date is dec 10, 2019. That is wrong. That is the sim tiers billing date. My premium billing is in june.

So you are offreing me to pay 89 now, and next year in december it will go back to regular pricing. What's happening to what's already paid till june 2020?? I'm paying 6 months twice? What a deal!

😕 Yanik

5 minutes ago, Yanik Lytton said:

This is so confusing. On the blog post, it says my next billing date is dec 10, 2019. That is wrong. That is the sim tiers billing date. My premium billing is in june.

best to raise a support ticket when the dates are wrong on the billing page

3 hours ago, Yanik Lytton said:

So you are offreing me to pay 89 now, and next year in december it will go back to regular pricing. What's happening to what's already paid till june 2020?? I'm paying 6 months twice? What a deal!

😕 Yanik

blog post?.. think you mean the accountpage.
Are you sure you look at the right place, because both those billingdates are shown there.

12 hours ago, Yanik Lytton said:

This is so confusing. On the blog post, it says my next billing date is dec 10, 2019. That is wrong.

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

blog post?.. think you mean the accountpage.
Are you sure you look at the right place, because both those billingdates are shown there.

The blog post shows an example billing date of someone who is already premium with the December 10 date and the pre pay option not Yanik's personal premium billing date which would be found using https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php?lang=en-US my own pre-pay options give one up to 2021 and one up to 2022

On 12/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, Yanik Lytton said:

😕 Yanik

The blog post is definitely not your specific info.  Go to your Account page:  https://secondlife.com/my/account  The top section shows the date that you will next be bill for your Premium membership

On the left, click Premium Membership and then scroll down.  Under the Annual Membership section, it should show the same renewal date that you saw on your account page and then next to the $89 renewal option, it should show a date one year from that first date.

For me, my current renewal will be March 25, 2021.   If I choose to early renew, then I'll pay $89 now and they will not bill me again until March 25, 2022 -- one year farther out than the current renewal date.

image.png.070cb1cdb53b7d1dbf4f3f25b1f073b5.png

@Grumpity Linden I hope being offered to prepay another two years even after prepaying for one earlier (and all at discount) is not a mistake! Promise you won't take this away and thanks for not offering a three year option or else I might have thrown all my Christmas money at it and not have enough left to my shopping spree! LOL

Woot!

Woot!

~revisits that not-fully-fulsilled gift list...~

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

@Grumpity Linden I hope being offered to prepay another two years even after prepaying for one earlier (and all at discount) is not a mistake! Promise you won't take this away and thanks for not offering a three year option or else I might have thrown all my Christmas money at it and not have enough left to my shopping spree! LOL

Woot!

Woot!

~revisits that not-fully-fulsilled gift list...~

I was just clicking in my account and also seen this.. prepay 89 for again a year... and 178 for two??.... so 3 times 89 (i paid 89 4 days ago too.... and only in 2022 again 99 ... don't know how it's possible i missed this communicated.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I was just clicking in my account and also seen this.. prepay 89 for again a year... and 178 for two??.... so 3 times 89 (i paid 89 4 days ago too.... and only in 2022 again 99 ... don't know how it's possible i missed this communicated.

I did the prepay year extension when they raised the price from $72 to $99. That took me up to September, 2020, I think. Then I went to add another extension to push it to 2021 and I saw I could do two years (even though I already did the one before) - so I took it and that pushes me out to 2022. :)

The reason I decided to do this is that when they introduce the Premium Plus (I think that's what they will call it) - if it's good then I will upgrade my Premium to that. They have said that they will pro-rate the cost difference by deducting time from your existing premium. So if I have two and a half years left, I should be able to upgrade to Premium Plus and still have at least a year left. IF I do it. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.