Premium Prepay again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I remember LL saying that VAT does apply to Monthly and Quarterly, but not Annual.

That is correct. I don't understand why VAT gets charged on monthly and quarterly plans, and not on the annual plan. There again, I don't understand how home taxation gets to be applied for the purchase of of a USA product that gets used on a USA server. Next time I hire a car in the States, for use on USA roads, will I be charged home taxation on that, too? The application of VAT in these circumstances certainly discriminates against European citizens! I'd best not derail this thread over this though!

1 minute ago, Vanity Fair said:

@Grumpity Linden I have two Premium accounts. One let me renew with the 10% discount and the other one (Vanity Fair) does not show the 10% discount offer at all:

Premium Prepay.jpg

Your Vanity Fair account probably doesn't renew until 2021. My Walpurgisnacht account renews in Mar 2021 and does not show the 10% discount whereas my two alts that renew in 2020 both are able to get the discount.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

@Grumpity Linden I have two Premium accounts. One let me renew with the 10% discount and the other one (Vanity Fair) does not show the 10% discount offer at all. I checked and my current Premium account renewal date is Sunday, 06-13-2021.

50 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

Your Vanity Fair account probably doesn't renew until 2021. My Walpurgisnacht account renews in Mar 2021 and does not show the 10% discount whereas my two alts that renew in 2020 both are able to get the discount.

Yeah, the latest guess - put forth by Qie - is that it doesn't matter if you did the other prepay earlier this year, but if your current renewal date is in 2021 (or maybe just a year out, so anything greater than 12 months), it isn't giving the option. 

With the Premium Plus coming, I likely won't prepay the 2 alts that are already out to 2021, but will prepay one or both of the accounts that currently renew in 2020 - and they both do have the option available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

It must be a recent thing though as I've never had to pay VAT on any of the membership plans previously

depends what you call recently  :)  it started with the subscription fees rising.
It was there earlier too, but LL swallowed the VAT for some years.

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

depends what you call recently  :)  it started with the subscription fees rising.
It was there earlier too, but LL swallowed the VAT for some years.

2019, I didn't upgrade my alts from monthly 'til June and quarterly 'til September

17 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Yes, that must be it. LL needs to word their announcement a little better, in my opinion.

It is possible, probable even, that the issue is an unforeseen bug and that is why there was no mention of it in the blog post about prepaying.

Now, whether or not they'll change things to allow all to do the prepay regardless of next renewal date, or whether they'll update the blog post with the restriction -- who knows?

• Like 1

• Lindens

Hi! There are, we have found, two different confusing things going on with Prepay:

1) If your membership is currently Monthly or Quarterly, you will first need to change it to Annual and click "Change Membership" (you will not be charged at this point).  Then you can chose the Prepay option and confirm the $89 charge and pay that to extend your membership by another year. 

2) If your membership was prepaid at the last promotion and the current review date is more than a year out, you will not currently see the promotional offer.  However, since we didn't make this obvious from the start, we're going to extend this offer window to make it possible for our most loyal members to take advantage of the promotion.  That change will go out next week and I will update in this thread once it's live.  

P.S. On a personal note, I'm thrilled to know that the Prepay feature has been so popular.  It gives me the warm and fuzzy feels. Thank you!

• Thanks 17

50 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

2) If your membership was prepaid at the last promotion and the current review date is more than a year out, you will not currently see the promotional offer.  However, since we didn't make this obvious from the start, we're going to extend this offer window to make it possible for our most loyal members to take advantage of the promotion.  That change will go out next week and I will update in this thread once it's live.

i realise that Linden have to factor a lot of different things in when setting promotion periods, but if is possible for the offer period to be at least until end of January then that be good for me. As my renewal date is 01-27-2021. And if is possible then I will be in for that. Thanks

As a brand new premium member I would sign up for the $89 USD PrePaid yearly membership IF I could find where it IS.  

I went to "My Account" and I don't see it under the various options, maybe because I'm already signed up as a "monthly" Premium Member?  

Clueless,

Ana Beckett

Edited by Ana Beckett

44 minutes ago, Ana Beckett said:

As a brand new premium member I would sign up for the $89 USD PrePaid yearly membership IF I could find where it IS.  

I went to "My Account" and I don't see it under the various options, maybe because I'm already signed up as a "monthly" Premium Member?  

Clueless,

Ana Beckett

Click Account on the left, then Premium Membership and then scroll to the bottom in the main window

Ummm, nevermind.  I belated realized you were there, just not seeing the prepay option -- see Qie's response below.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

33 minutes ago, Ana Beckett said:

Kinda. Note that Grumpity just clarified something that may be relevant:

2 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

1) If your membership is currently Monthly or Quarterly, you will first need to change it to Annual and click "Change Membership" (you will not be charged at this point).  Then you can chose the Prepay option and confirm the $89 charge and pay that to extend your membership by another year. 

Even though I hadn't planned on prepaying the 2 alts that already have dates in 2021, I am glad that they are going to extend the time out a bit. Primarily so that I can spread out the other 2 prepays a bit.  I'm also still playing with the idea of upgrading another alt specifically for a Victorian home, which would result in 3 annual payments in a fairly short period of time - thus the more weeks I can spread that across, the happier I'll be.   

I opened a support ticket when I saw I don't have the option...  and they asked me the following

In order to maintain the safety and security of the account, however, we must first verify that you are the creator and owner of the account. To do so, please provide us with the following information:

• What is the answer to your security question: What city were you born in?
  • From what city, state, and country did you register the account?
  • From what city, state, and country did you last log into the account? 
  • If you have an active alternate account, what is the name of that alternate account? (If you recall the Security Question for that account, please also provide the answer to its security question.)
....   So I suspect, they are using this promotion to establish additional security information on our accounts.  I had never been asked those questions before.
And they want to know my Alternate accounts????  how is this relevant to renew my current account that I've logged the ticket under:   so confused.. 
Don't think I will renew after all.    I am currently paid through to 2-1-2021
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lexia Metaller said:

I opened a support ticket when I saw I don't have the option...  and they asked me the following

I think I remember those questions were what Support asked to verify before changing billing-related details of an account. (Although... maybe not the question about an alt account, but perhaps that's specific to the account that opened the ticket.)

It seems unlikely that this would be specific to the pre-pay renewal process because it's not yet possible to pre-pay more than a year in advance, so Support must not have gotten all that far in working the ticket when asking for all that information, because you're already paid more than a year ahead.

• Like 1

I finally got my Gmail to open for 1farstar@gmail.  =/  They protect my e-mail from ME like a mad dog!   So I've changed my Ana Beckett SL Account email to:

c***k**y2***@yahoo.com   I can always count on being able to access my e-mail there.

There was a notice on the SL community site that Pre-pay was Open now and until Jan. 2nd, 2020.  So I did my best to change my new Premium monthly pay plan to the YEARLY pay plan.  It said $99.  

Linden Labs needs to make instructions with links taking customers to the correct site to PAY $$ for a service.  It should be the easiest thing in the SL world to pay $$ to LL.   But I've struggled with it for 2 precious "game time" hours...so far and here I  am typing letters instead of relaxing in SL.

I just bought a new PC I'd like to hookup and I payed for downloading Red Dead Redemtion 2 because maybe it's fun.  If it is...why would I stay in a virtual world where I spend hours writing letters to Linden Labs about poor service?  (just a rhetorical question I'll be thinking about.)  

Ana Beckett

Edited by Ana Beckett

1 hour ago, Lexia Metaller said:

In order to maintain the safety and security of the account, however, we must first verify that you are the creator and owner of the account. To do so, please provide us with the following information:

• What is the answer to your security question: What city were you born in?
  • From what city, state, and country did you register the account?
  • From what city, state, and country did you last log into the account? 
  • If you have an active alternate account, what is the name of that alternate account? (If you recall the Security Question for that account, please also provide the answer to its security question.)
....   So I suspect, they are using this promotion to establish additional security information on our accounts.  I had never been asked those questions before.
And they want to know my Alternate accounts????  how is this relevant to renew my current account that I've logged the ticket under:   so confused.. 
Don't think I will renew after all.    I am currently paid through to 2-1-2021

Support almost always asks those questions when you open a ticket that has anything to do with financial stuff.

Anyway, as to why you don't have the option - did you see Grumpity's response above?

image.thumb.png.c3451751f68a9d375edb274c83a0d7e9.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ana Beckett said:

There was a notice on the SL community site that Pre-pay was Open now and until Jan. 2nd, 2020.  So I did my best to change my new Premium monthly pay plan to the YEARLY pay plan.  It said $99.  

This per Grumpity might explain why you don't see the option under the Annual.  Even though you are currently monthly, if you previously prepaid yearly such that your current renewal is more than 12 months away, there is an issue:

image.thumb.png.de3331fb460eedb9e6475d017e899816.png

Hi LittleMe..I'm a bit confused as to why I'm receiving info on a topic called" Prepay again"..( I think it is).  

I had an issue about not being able to switch to the new Annual PrePay from Monthly billing plan.  Now I've spent 3 hours on this topic but I did manage to get it done and I'm on the Annual prepay membership plan now...(I think).  

But whether I am or am not...I'm done with wasting time on this problem.  And I informed Qui...or Grumpy Linden of same.  LL should make it Easy for customers to to give them money.  That's their job.  My job is to pay and play...not write letters to them about problems I'm having with giving them $$.

Sorry for any confusion LittleMe.  I'm a noob on these forums.

Happy Holidays!  

Ana Beckett  😃

Edited by Ana Beckett

17 minutes ago, Ana Beckett said:

Hi LittleMe..I'm a bit confused as to why I'm receiving info on a topic called" Prepay again"..( I think it is).  

I'm pretty sure the forum default is to notify you of any new posts in any thread that you post in.  To change your notifications, click the arrow by your name in the upper right of this page.  Then click Account Settings. On the new page click Notification Settings -- adjust as you desire.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hitomi Tamatzui said:

Doesn't work for me either

If you currently are monthly or quarterly, you will first have to change to annual.  However, if your current renewal date is more than 12 months away, then it won't give you the option.  Grumpity noted this above and LL is working on that problem.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.