Jump to content
LittleMe Jewell

Premium Prepay again

Recommended Posts

So, not only is LL offering a 10% discount on new Premium accounts, but they are now offering that same 10% discount if an existing Premium wants to prepay their next year.  It does only apply to the Annual payment, but a good deal for anyone that can afford it.  LL mentioned during the previous pre-pay that when the super duper premium comes out, there will be upgrades paths that take into account how much time you still have on your currently paid Premium.

I will use this for at least 1 or 2 of my accounts.  One of them didn't gain much from the previous pre-pay because of the timing of the renewal.  This 10% is not as much of a savings as the previous pre-pay, but something is better than nothing.  Especially if you know you will be renewing and can afford to pay it now.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does not work for me. 😞 
I am currently a Premium member and I don't get the option for Premium PrePay.
Edit: My current membership renewal date: 02-25-2021.

@Linden Lab

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 2.26.51 PM.png

Edited by Sean Heavy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

[...] LL mentioned during the previous pre-pay that when the super duper premium comes out, there will be upgrades paths that take into account how much time you still have on your currently paid Premium.

I will use this for at least 1 or 2 of my accounts.[...]

The hard part is deciding how many accounts should get pre-renewed: Just one Premium Plus account might be all anyone could ever want.

I doubt it's an accident that Marketing offers this discounted annual Premium subscription before we find out Plus's benefits and pricing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same as Sean, I don't get it either.
My thinking was that it has to do with that my current renewal date is Thursday, 03-18-2021
If that's not the case I would love to add another year to it.

Edited by KingArwin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me neither, but then I did do the previous previous prepay thing at the old premium rate when the new rates were announced, and that kicks in in January. My next renewal payment is due in January 2021.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have the option and the alt that did not do the other prepay also has the option.  Both of our accounts renew in 2020.

Both of the alts that did do the previous prepay, with current renewals in 2021 - March and April - do NOT have the option to prepay right now.  Maybe if you did the other prepay, your account is already flagged as having prepaid and so you don't get this new prepay option.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
typo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe if you did the other prepay, your account is already flagged as having prepaid and so you don't get this new prepay option.

This seems very likely to be the case. I did the extra year's renewal, too, and don't get this reduction offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I doubt it's an accident that Marketing offers this discounted annual Premium subscription before we find out Plus's benefits and pricing.

It seems, therefore, that we won't find out what Premium-Plus will offer until after 2nd January (when the -10% offer ends)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Odaks said:

It seems, therefore, that we won't find out what Premium-Plus will offer until after 2nd January (when the -10% offer ends)?

I can only speculate, but in the meantime I'm holding off pre-renewing more than one Premium, just in case they announce something over the holidays. I'm guessing I'll have to make some decisions come New Years Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I pre-renewed one account. The option wasn't available for the account I intended to use (this one), and I think I know why: it's already renewed up to May 2021, presumably as a result of taking the earlier offer, the one preceding the increase from the old US$ 72 /annum fee.

Snooping around a bit more, I'll bet the offer is (currently?) only available to accounts that aren't already renewed a full year out (or maybe into calendar year 2021, which is practically the same now, less than a month from 2020).

All of which is kinda okay when I think about it. I mean, pre-renewing all the way to May 2022 is... well, I mean, saving a sawbuck is tempting but these aren't T-bills, right? Stuff could happen. (And anyway the account I used instead has a name I might change if that turns out to be a Perk O' Plus.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is really the reason, I can understand and accept that.
But then they should have made that more clear in the offer and not make it sound like its open for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KingArwin said:

If this is really the reason, I can understand and accept that.
But then they should have made that more clear in the offer and not make it sound like its open for everyone.

I don't think so. @Grumpity Linden has already said they are going to look into it. I suspect the intention is that it is supposed to be open to everyone but something has gone a little bit wrong and needs fixing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on nothing whatsoever, I'll guess that they intended it to be open for everyone, but during implementation somebody said something like:

"Hey, we should protect folks from accidentally pre-renewing multiple times. Oh right, these are annual subscriptions, so an account with an end date more than a year away must have already renewed. This line of code right here will save those folks from hurting themselves."

And as far as that programmer knew, they'd earned themselves a kombucha or whatever they're drinking on Battery Street these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

 I'll bet the offer is (currently?) only available to accounts that aren't already renewed a full year out

my account that now again prepaid already had a pre payment.. so it's not only that i think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nothign wrong here, also did the previous buy down, and is available now too

When is your renewal on the account that you did the previous buy down / pre-pay (or when was it, if you already did this pre-pay) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing the same thing as Alwin.  I did the previous pre-pay at the $72 rate when they offered it.  My next renewal date is Aug 2020.  I have the option to buy another year (out to Aug 2021) for $89.

Capture.PNG.4417499818176961d5430da1dbb22128.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the offer either, but I'm already paid up to Mar 2021 and I'll probably take up the Premium Plus upgrade if the benefits appeal.

However..... on looking on my premium page.... what are these Monthly and quarterly amounts I'm seeing? Quite a difference to the ones shown elsewhere on this thread.

 

1937253586_Accountpage.png.8d9b0730695c69bda630e6c6ec9f3a31.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm seeing the same thing as Alwin.  I did the previous pre-pay at the $72 rate when they offered it.  My next renewal date is Aug 2020.  I have the option to buy another year (out to Aug 2021) for $89.

Capture.PNG.4417499818176961d5430da1dbb22128.PNG

 

Maybe what Qie surmised is correct then -- even if you prepaid before, if your next renewal is before 2021, then you get the option now, but if your renewal is already in 2021, you don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I don't get the offer either, but I'm already paid up to Mar 2021 and I'll probably take up the Premium Plus upgrade if the benefits appeal.

However..... on looking on my premium page.... what are these Monthly and quarterly amounts I'm seeing? Quite a difference to the ones shown elsewhere on this thread.

 

1937253586_Accountpage.png.8d9b0730695c69bda630e6c6ec9f3a31.png

Maybe VAT - are you in a country where that would apply?  I remember LL saying that VAT does apply to Monthly and Quarterly, but not Annual.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe VAT - are you in a country where that would apply?  I remember LL saying that VAT does apply to Monthly and Quarterly, but not Annual.

Yup, that certainly would make sense, as they are 20% higher which ties in with VAT. It must be a recent thing though as I've never had to pay VAT on any of the membership plans previously (I have 2 alts that were paying monthly and quarterly earlier in the year before I paid them up on annual instead having staggered the due dates). I DO have to pay VAT on tier though, and have had to do so for a while. Here's hoping that Premium Plus involves a good land allowance so I can cut my tier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...