Problem with lelutka head

KittyCharming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I was using lelutka head (Chloe) for long time and never had any problem. To be honest I chose lelutka mainly for one reason - because it could work with maitreya body ideally and I would have av without damned neck seam. Now, I suddenly looked at my av and saw it HAS a seam. it is like neck "fix" maitreya uses, but smaller. I've tried to disable it, but without any success. Is it possible that new head have defect older ones had not?

Edited by KittyCharming

Lelutka heads don't have their own neck "fix" whatsoever, so no, it can't be it. New heads are fine as well, only thing that changed in 3.4 update was BoM.

Possible reason: you're wearing some other neck fix, I believe genus heads and some bodies have one as a separate attachment - check what you have on now. Ideally just remove everything, then wear maitreya body and lelutka head and see if it's still there. If it is, double check maitreya's neck fix is off by turning it on/off (and see if it changes anything at all). Make sure maitreya's neck size is set to 5 in hud. You can also try to repair materials and transparency in lelutka hud (the settings tab).

If it still doesn't help, go grab a redelivery for both, body and head and see if you see this issue on new items (again, wear nothing, but body and head), try with default skins first, then apply yours. If yes, then perhaps it's on your side, you can try to ask some friend to check if they see it as well.

I was using glam affair's skin that came with head and body and they were matching perfectly. Then lelutka released new version with more colors, which are not compatible with maitreya standard palette - and they released also a thing called "glam afair applier (older version)" - I am using this one. I never messed with BoM and not going to do it. Click the image and you will see full size and there is visible seam. Old version of head had no seam, new one - has it. That's the whole problem. 

1 hour ago, KittyCharming said:

UPDATE: I rezzed old version of lelutka head (3.0) and maitreya 4.1. I must admit - there is clear seam:

Can not understand why I did not notice it earlier. Topic is closed. I hate SL. 

It is literally impossible to eliminate the neck seam when the head and body creators are different people, unless they use the exact same 3D modeling file with the exact same textures with zero differences and upload both into SL at the same time.

The best elimination of neck seams is to set your Windlight to calWL or turn off materials and basic shaders. But this will only ever work for you because everyone uses different windlight setting and some (like myself) prefer to just go with region windlight and day-cycles.

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The best elimination of neck seams is to set your Windlight to calWL or turn off materials and basic shaders. But this will only ever work for you because everyone uses different windlight setting and some (like myself) prefer to just go with region windlight and day-cycles.

Or getting a dom/me who puts a tall posture collar on you!

Jokes aside, we can never control how our avatars will be perceived by others, due to differences in graphic settings and what windlights people use. The neck seam is a thing, unless you get a body with the head attached to it, and has had the skin texture exported along with the UV from the mesh creation program. Everyone has them, some more noticeable than others, but it's just something we'll have to accept as part of the SL reality. For photography, editing them is a breeze, and they can easily be concealed through the use of accessories if so desired.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
13 minutes ago, Dakotah Skydancer said:

I have the Wade head which I absolutely love but when he dances or anytime there's lots of head movement the little black box pokes out the back of his head. Can anything be done about this?

It's probably either your system hair or the root prim of something else you're wearing.

If it's the former, then edit your "brows shape", which is default/system hair. Move all hair sliders in the styles tab to zero, change hair texture to the "transparent". Alternatively wear a brows shape that came with your Lelutka head in the folder, they have it all adjusted already, then adjust actual brows from the eyebrows tab there to how you want them to look like.

If it's the latter, then check what else you're wearing and either make that object's root prim transparent if it's mod, or remove it completely if it's not.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.