The New Frank's

ClariceRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh wow I didn't realize he redid it. It still looked the same last time I went after he took over. I'll have to go check that out. Thanks for posting these up.:)He seems like a decent guy. Probably a little more restrictive from what I noticed in regards to group chat topics then what people were normally accustomed to. Him doing the occasional no group required functions I thought was a smart move and should help gain some business I think in order for people to get a taste before deciding to join up. It was different and I don't think I recall that being done before so he seems to have some original ideas and I think he is on the right track with it. Over all I think he has been doing a good job so far. ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Oh wow I didn't realize he redid it. It still looked the same last time I went after he took over. I'll have to go check that out. Thanks for posting these up.:)He seems like a decent guy. Probably a little more restrictive from what I noticed in regards to group chat topics then what people were normally accustomed to. Him doing the occasional no group required functions I thought was a smart move and should help gain some business I think in order for people to get a taste before deciding to join up. It was different and I don't think I recall that being done before so he seems to have some original ideas and I think he is on the right track with it. Over all I think he has been doing a good job so far. ;)

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, this one is free, no fee. I got in without a group and there was no event going on. I know there are other sims that are going to be named Frank's BUT he has no affiliation with them.

• Like 1

Just now, ClariceRose said:

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, this one is free, no fee. I got in without a group and there was no event going on. I know there are other sims that are going to be named Frank's BUT he has no affiliation with them.

Well it's been probably a week since I last went, but there have been notices being sent out letting us know when events or functions are group only and what ones are not. So I am going by that. Since I am in the group already and have been for years I probably wouldn't notice or know when they actually turn that on or off anymore unless I tried with an old revived alt or something. lol Last I looked they still charge a join fee of 1k to join the group so if it's open to the public on a permanent base then it makes no sense why'd they'd charge for that then. I mean if your getting in for free and getting full on access then I certainly wouldn't want to pay 1k to join the group unless you just really want those notices. lol :D

I actually need to follow this up. I just noticed the New Franks slurl and didn't realize at first it didn't match up. When you said new Franks I assumed you meant new management. This establishment is actually using a brand created by someone else and it was actually the express wishes of Nanceee Dante (nanceee.sinatra) when she left SL that William (william.zeta) take over ownership of the establishment.

This is in fact the Real New Franks.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Franks Place 7/132/48/26

That establishment you went to while it may look very nice is in fact a fraud riding on the reputation and coat tails of an establishment they neither helped build or earned the respect for it's reputation. While realistically no one can say or do anything about it I will say it still is very much in poor taste and probably will be frowned up on. They are obviously not respecting Nancees final wishes by giving the new owner and one of the original founders of Franks the same respect and curtsy she has received all of these years and if I had to wager a guess it was started and being ran by some disgruntled members of the original group who were not exactly crazy about the new changes. In either case your more then welcome to go where you want, but that's the reason why your getting in free because it is a completely new and different establishment all together. At least you now know though so if it comes up in a conversation your now informed. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

is in fact a fraud riding on the reputation and coat tails of an establishment they neither helped build or earned the respect for it's reputation.

This is true, except for the fraud statement. Unless they are using the exact same name *and* that name is actually trademarked, their's nothing anyone can do about it unless the original files legal action. Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The  day franks was  was closing someone was giving people landmarks to place that was knockoff place it was bit odd. 

Franks Elite is still around they do have free day's check the  events page . iIf you know any ballrooms you can get listed in the destinations good to read the fine print first..  This new place trying to be franks they would need to make their own name not copy best to come up with your own thing its against  tos as copy rights. 

Other franks closed  do to the owner meet someone few years ago got married on sl and are to be married in real they want to settle down a friend of the owner now the owner of franks elite.  

I did take pictures of franks jazz and bogarts before and after it closed.  Franks had some good memory's and moments lets not forget them. 

franks.png

bogarts.png

franksbogarts.png

franksplace.png

Edited by Vanoralynna
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

I actually need to follow this up. I just noticed the New Franks slurl and didn't realize at first it didn't match up. When you said new Franks I assumed you meant new management. This establishment is actually using a brand created by someone else and it was actually the express wishes of Nanceee Dante (nanceee.sinatra) when she left SL that William (william.zeta) take over ownership of the establishment.

This is in fact the Real New Franks.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Franks Place 7/132/48/26

That establishment you went to while it may look very nice is in fact a fraud riding on the reputation and coat tails of an establishment they neither helped build or earned the respect for it's reputation. While realistically no one can say or do anything about it I will say it still is very much in poor taste and probably will be frowned up on. They are obviously not respecting Nancees final wishes by giving the new owner and one of the original founders of Franks the same respect and curtsy she has received all of these years and if I had to wager a guess it was started and being ran by some disgruntled members of the original group who were not exactly crazy about the new changes. In either case your more then welcome to go where you want, but that's the reason why your getting in free because it is a completely new and different establishment all together. At least you now know though so if it comes up in a conversation your now informed. ;)

Here is the thing.. I am still a member of the Frank's Elite group, which I paid for when Nancee owned it, here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Franks Place 7/132/48/26 I am not speaking of Frank's Elite Jazz Club. I am speaking of a sim that is similar to the one that Nancee had for free (no group needed). Nancee had a paid Frank's (Frank's Elite Jazz) and also a free sim (Frank's without the "Elite") .. many got those two confused. One you paid, one you did not pay for.

So, the one that I am speaking of does mimic the free sim that Nancee used to have and the name is The New Frank's Place Jazz Club. It is totally different from the Elite one that is a paid membership. There is no fee at the one that I visited. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aika Fantasy/112/118/23

31 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

I just went to the sim that I was talking about and I saw Nanceee there. I did not IM her but am sure if she is upset about this new sim that she will talk to the owner.

That would be the proper way to handle, good for her! Franks has been slipping in popularity for a long time, so this is a great opportunity to regenerate buzz. It's a shame that others will try to hijack that for their own gain, though it's hardly the first time in SL and certainly won't be the last. The sad part of it are all the people who won't know any better.

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is true, except for the fraud statement. Unless they are using the exact same name *and* that name is actually trademarked, their's nothing anyone can do about it unless the original files legal action. Just saying.

Well it's true in terms of implying they are part of the same establishment which we all know that is what they are doing. In terms of exact copyright of the name as to which your referring to no, but even in RL there have been cases where people have been to slide by that on technicality which is why more often then not people end up in court over that type of stuff. I just didn't feel like breaking it down. lol :D

Still that being said I personally find it disrespectful. That's just my opinion though. To me the respectful way to have went about it would have been to have a sit down with William and offer the man his cut. Then when I do business on here I do it the right way and not the wrong way. It's all about respect. ;)

2 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

Here is the thing.. I am still a member of the Frank's Elite group, which I paid for when Nancee owned it, here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Franks Place 7/132/48/26 I am not speaking of Frank's Elite Jazz Club. I am speaking of a sim that is similar to the one that Nancee had for free (no group needed). Nancee had a paid Frank's (Frank's Elite Jazz) and also a free sim (Frank's without the "Elite") .. many got those two confused. One you paid, one you did not pay for.

So, the one that I am speaking of does mimic the free sim that Nancee used to have and the name is The New Frank's Place Jazz Club. It is totally different from the Elite one that is a paid membership. There is no fee at the one that I visited. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aika Fantasy/112/118/23

Ah well I would have thought then by our earlier conversation you would have known then that I was referring to the actual Frank's Elite club then. lol It wasn't until I actually did a double take on the surl you posted that I even knew or realized you were talking about another place. The main reason I mentioned anything to you is because I didn't want you to be confused about the situation or be caught off guard if all of a sudden something came up about it. ;)

2 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

I just went to the sim that I was talking about and I saw Nanceee there. I did not IM her but am sure if she is upset about this new sim that she will talk to the owner.

Nanceee has not been on SL since the 30th. of November and I know this place was not showing up in search then because I checked to see if the other places were still listed at the time. You sure it was her you saw? 😎

6 hours ago, Vanoralynna said:

The  day franks was  was closing someone was giving people landmarks to place that was knockoff place it was bit odd. 

Franks Elite is still around they do have free day's check the  events page . iIf you know any ballrooms you can get listed in the destinations good to read the fine print first..  This new place trying to be franks they would need to make their own name not copy best to come up with your own thing its against  tos as copy rights. 

Other franks closed  do to the owner meet someone few years ago got married on sl and are to be married in real they want to settle down a friend of the owner now the owner of franks elite.  

I did take pictures of franks jazz and bogarts before and after it closed.  Franks had some good memory's and moments lets not forget them. 

franks.png

bogarts.png

franksbogarts.png

franksplace.png

Awesome photos. Thank you so much for sharing. ;)

5 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

Looks like someone was upset, I was just there and the name is now "The New Sinatra Jazz Club." Which might not have been the ideal choice, but anyone who cares probably won't notice.

40 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Looks like someone was upset, I was just there and the name is now "The New Sinatra Jazz Club." Which might not have been the ideal choice, but anyone who cares probably won't notice.

Yep, I bet Nanceee was NOT happy and let them know it.

4 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Nanceee has not been on SL since the 30th. of November and I know this place was not showing up in search then because I checked to see if the other places were still listed at the time. You sure it was her you saw? 😎

Yes, it was her, her last name is Dante and she was partnered to Eric.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

Yes, it was her, her last name is Dante and she was partnered to Eric.

Ok I was not aware that place even existed before the 30th. because it never pulled up in search back then. I was under the impression you meant you seen her the other day when you went so that was why I asked because she hasn't been on. You didn't really elaborate when. It's all good though. Thank you. :)

Well a lot of merchandise at franks was called  Sinatra I bought painting  from franks that Nanceee  made  she uses it for her art work also the stuff that was sold and as group gift also was for franks.  Them using  Sinatra is still  Nanceee trademark for art work and merchandise she had. 

Edited by Vanoralynna

Yes Franks jazz was free and Bogarts  yes been going to franks for 8 years since I was new on different avatar.

Things made by  Nanceee  was under  *SINATRA* brand 

But using the name  SINATRA  this other place seems still  be copying. 

Edited by Vanoralynna

So when the Franks jazz Closed with Bogart's  I looked up the name of the place that someone sent me land mark it was called Frecks Ballroom.

But seem four other places also but different mix ups of knock off.  Weird but its just getting weird.

Other places doing the same.🤯

FRANKS FALLS BALLROOM* 

Sinatra Club and Environs

This the place your talking about * The Frank S Jazz Club *

FRECK'S BALLROOM this one the one they tp everyone but not the same name but still bit odd.

Edited by Vanoralynna

On 12/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, ClariceRose said:

I went to Frank's Elite Jazz Club, and paid to join the group, but did not find it to my liking at all. It was not a place you could meet and mix, but for the most part seemed only for partnered couples with a few others just standing around not doing much of anything. I visited a few times, but it was always the same, so I left the group and did not go back. Now if this New Frank's is something different, and has anything like the action of the old Frank's, I'm interested.

Well I went to the "Frank S Jazz Club" on the Aika Fantasy sim and it's busy in the middle of the day, with a lot of Frank's former regulars that I recognize.

It just goes to show that there was a market for this kind of place, and somebody was smart enough to step in and take it when Frank's shut down. 

Nanceee might be upset that they took her club name, but there's not much that she can do about it. It's not like to she trademarked it or anything.

Frank S Jazz Club.png

Edited by Vanity Fair

Well I went there in the middle of the day too just to see it for myself when I first heard about it. They had a crowd of about 16 people and the stream was more hip hop then anything else at the time. lol It definitely wasn't screaming Sinatra. lol Franks Elite had about 32 people and climbing as I tped in. So I doubt this new club is hurting their business any.😎

I've gone there a few times and enjoy the people and music.

Some corrections in one person's opinion, yes Nanceee was all a cash grab.  I paid to join and contributed to her sad song to 'save Frank's' last year.  I've gone there for a long time and was astounded how one person could monetize so much of SL, I think her last name was really 'Disney'.  So many fun loving, warm people in SL just trying to be a part of or make something fun.  In the end, she tossed it. She has no claim to something she walked away from.  She wanted to have her RL, then go get some.  I am appreciative someone decided to try to save the formal experience, not copy her Disneyland gimme all your money place.

This new place allows the guests to choose the music, has no fashion nazis micro inspecting my breasts or counting my scripts, is so NOT like the other... it's actually fun again.  So if someone 'copied' the concept of having a nice time with friends in SL again, I say bravo!  If not this place, there are like 20 others I can name that do the same.... just nice times for good fun.  It's just nice to see some out there still investing in making nice things in SL and nice to see there people like me who still enjoy going to these types of places no matter the name, style, location or music. I don't care where, it's just nice to have choices of nice places to go and interact with others.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The only problem that I have noticed about the new Frank's is that the pool of tunes that you can request from needs to be added to. But there's no way to request a song to be added, as far as I can tell.

I have also noticed that certain songs get requested over and over and over again, and what appears to be an automated DJ system simply queues up the songs in request order and plays them, no matter how often they have been requested in the past few hours. (If I hear Michael Bublé's "Me and Mrs. Jones" one more time, I am going to scream....)

Other than that one quibble, I quite like the new place!

Edited by Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.