The New Belli Victorians

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

27 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I only saw 5 homes out of 50 in the surrounding area that were fully furnished, a dozen others had a couple of pieces of furniture inside and the rest, completely empty. ☹️

Mine is completely empty. It’s a week before Christmas and a lot of people are either incredibly busy, or very depressed- or both in some cases.

It’ll get furnished when I have the time and strength and there’s a good chance that won’t be until sometime in January. I bet I’m not the only one.

• Like 11

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Mine is completely empty. It’s a week before Christmas and a lot of people are either incredibly busy, or very depressed- or both in some cases.

It’ll get furnished when I have the time and strength and there’s a good chance that won’t be until sometime in January. I bet I’m not the only one.

I always need a bit of time... to see what @PrudenceAnton does and then copy my faves of her decor 🥰 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Yeah I haven't had much of a chance either to decorate.  Can't decide on what house yet and people are already making some add ons.  I always take my time decorating mine will probably never be done.  And I am with @BJoyful there are houses to see and decorating to copy! 😁

And even if people don't decorate the parcels look fabulous anyways!

• Like 5

On 12/18/2019 at 5:16 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

But that's on the inside. I mean the siding on the outside. I'm going to see if I can put a tinted transparent prim on it somehow or maybe just a prim with siding in fact.

Patch posted yesterday (I think it was yesterday -- a bit busy and blurry here) that outside shells may be "outlawed" as in made against the covenant. This if they get reviewed as he mentioned. Look at his posts to find his exact comment. Better not go to tons of work if it will just get returned to you :D.   

• Like 5

8 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I got a Victorian home the other day and have been having a grand time fixing the home up. I looked around my neighborhood, several regions out even, and noticed not very many are furnished out yet.  I only saw 5 homes out of 50 in the surrounding area that were fully furnished, a dozen others had a couple of pieces of furniture inside and the rest, completely empty. ☹️1911110262_TheVerne-FrontPorch.thumb.png.9d996a8bdc47fe3a03a63dcbcf0e632f.png

1694381454_TheVerne-Parlor(1).thumb.png.d7187001bc60d2a43189af4a182a5614.png

I thoght I had a nice location ... furnished at least some .... then I found a better one .... everything back as a bundle in my Lost and Found ... tried to put that into the new home ... lots of trouble ... then I found a still better location ... and so on.

While I am playing the Game of Homes I will not furnish a lot! Most people do it that way I think. And because you can get a new home ANY time but only can try five times a day the GOM will continue for weeks I suppose!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Patch posted yesterday (I think it was yesterday -- a bit busy and blurry here) that outside shells may be "outlawed" as in made against the covenant. This if they get reviewed as he mentioned. Look at his posts to find his exact comment. Better not go to tons of work if it will just get returned to you :D.   

7 hours ago, karynmaria said:

@Chic Aeon@Prokofy Neva

Here is the link to his post in regards to that.  Right now they are thinking about it, but haven't done anything about it yet.  I currently do use a skin, however, if they ban them, I will remove it.  

UPDATED: Okay, @Patch Linden spoke up in Bellisseria Citizens chat group this morning and cleared up the confusion on this.

[03:25] Patch Linden: What I sad was, when people rubbed color changing shells in our faces, that we should retain the bug that allows for changing the exterior colors of homes to anything they wanted, that the level of customization on these homes is purposefully limited.

[03:26] Patch Linden: So I reinforced that fact, and then said if it continues to be an issue we may consider restricting add-on color changing shells (only and in that context)

[03:26] Patch Linden: That color changing bug has since been fixed, and a re-rez of a home will correct for it.

[03:30] Patch Linden: We've generally (read: somewhat, maybe) been ok with the color changing shells that were made for the Traditional homes for example, people have for the most part made smart choices there, but it could get out of hand.  It's sorta like living in a deed restricted (HOA) community, things should remain in balance and clean. :)

[03:33] Patch Linden: All ya's gotta do is ask me, hopefully I won't miss things, but I'm always happy to clear things up.

(formerly posted this) :  I didn't catch where this topic picked up at, but if shells & add ons are banded, I'll abide by it as well, though it'll be a very sad and blue day for myself, Cian and others.  Nearly 6 months ago now, the Bellis Blues Cafe was designed with a shell and add on, beautifully done, to make it possible to have the blues cafe.  If they're banned, then we'll have to sadly close the doors on this little Bellisseria community get together location, for without the lovely additions that @Chic Aeon designed for the cafe, it just.....isn't the blues cafe.

Added: The Bellis Blues Cafe's design is safe and secure. Doors will remain open! 🥳

Bellis Blues Cafe advert pic

Edited by PrudenceAnton
update information
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I thoght I had a nice location ... furnished at least some .... then I found a better one .... everything back as a bundle in my Lost and Found ... tried to put that into the new home ... lots of trouble ... then I found a still better location ... and so on.

While I am playing the Game of Homes I will not furnish a lot! Most people do it that way I think. And because you can get a new home ANY time but only can try five times a day the GOM will continue for weeks I suppose!

I played the GoH the first day, used up my 5, then did it again the next day, used up my 5 and stopped on the last one. Its a nice location. Great, perfect, ideal? No.  But I like it, and I just didn't feel like shopping down that ideal location.  I wanted to try my hand at decorating one of these gorgeous new Victorian homes instead.  If more are released after the 1st of the year, I might try again, grab up my things, find a spot and set them back down.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I played the GoH the first day, used up my 5, then did it again the next day, used up my 5 and stopped on the last one. Its a nice location. Great, perfect, ideal? No.  But I like it, and I just didn't feel like shopping down that ideal location.  I wanted to try my hand at decorating one of these gorgeous new Victorian homes instead.  If more are released after the 1st of the year, I might try again, grab up my things, find a spot and set them back down.

I am playing it with four Premiumalts - two are holding two beach- locations - two are looking for even better things to come. I had two rather good locations the first day, gave them up for the better ones yesterday - which i HOLD ... I love the GoH!! ;)

If you are playing only with one, giving up what you have not knowing what you'll get, I understand you! I would then stop at the first fairly nice location that feels right and start decvorating it.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am playing it with four Premiumalts - two are holding two beach- locations - two are looking for even better things to come. I had two rather good locations the first day, gave them up for the better ones yesterday - which i HOLD ... I love the GoH!! ;)

Laughs. You are determined and I hope you find your dream spot, Leora.  Part of me wants to try again, and part of me is like, naaaaah, enjoy the Christmas theme and try after the first of the year. 😏

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I will give up my inland Victorian after Christmas. I think there are more unreleased coast regions. I can't have so many alts, but it is hard to downgrade the ones I have now to Basic. Because LL makes so many tempting new styles. 😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I wanted to place a wall there too but I'm terrible at texturing. Are you going to sell it as an add-on? Because I'm definitely going to buy it. 😊

The Vics are pretty easy to match with the interior wall texture being included in the texture pack. You can use the custom tint to select a color for the walls and it will spit out the RGB numbers for you to tint walls you make to match. The hard part is matching the crown molding and the baseboards. I've made a pretty close match that will work for now. I'm going to box them up as a gift at my store for anyone to come get if they would like to try and make a wall. These are pretty simple and only work with straight walls that do not have an outside corner. I have them in both the dark and white wood.

moldings_001.thumb.jpg.54645dba0f0c29901ce2ccec1c03ce55.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The Vics are pretty easy to match with the interior wall texture being included in the texture pack. You can use the custom tint to select a color for the walls and it will spit out the RGB numbers for you to tint walls you make to match. The hard part is matching the crown molding and the baseboards. I've made a pretty close match that will work for now. I'm going to box them up as a gift at my store for anyone to come get if they would like to try and make a wall. These are pretty simple and only work with straight walls that do not have an outside corner. I have them in both the dark and white wood.

That is so awesome, I have several of your add ons for other themes and it makes decorating so much easier!  Been puzzling over what to do with the little nook right as you walk in the door...I got enough building skills to tint and link molding lol.  Will check at your store later for this fab gift, thanks so much!!

• Like 1

I have played Game of Houses a bit and for right now am settled on a location.  I had gotten fairly far along in decorating but then I decided to change house styles to the Doyle because I realized I was never going to go upstairs (or almost never) and it felt like too much space in the 2 story houses. But the Doyle now seems a bit too small. I was tempted to go back to a Traditional but I didn't get a nice location and the ability to custom color the interior walls is enough to keep me in a Victorian. If the Traditional is ever updated to RGB color the walls and I can get a good location I might switch back. 

I'm not really one to do a lot of customizing so the fact I can't edit the houses is not a big deal. The covenant about the outside feels more restrictive but for right now I'm willing to live with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

That is GREAT - I just hopped to your store but didn't consider that you just posted "I'm going to ..." 48 minutes before. Could you give us a BEEP when the box is there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just landed in the store and got mine. Thanks so much!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I did it! It's not perfect, and you shouldn't investigate it too much but yayy.. 😅
Thank you so much! 💜

428762628_ShelleyWall_002.thumb.jpg.c1279c632060c5d839bd896ed9d55301.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

UPDATED: Okay, @Patch Linden spoke up in Bellisseria Citizens chat group this morning and cleared up the confusion on this.

[03:25] Patch Linden: What I sad was, when people rubbed color changing shells in our faces, that we should retain the bug that allows for changing the exterior colors of homes to anything they wanted, that the level of customization on these homes is purposefully limited.

[03:26] Patch Linden: So I reinforced that fact, and then said if it continues to be an issue we may consider restricting add-on color changing shells (only and in that context)

[03:26] Patch Linden: That color changing bug has since been fixed, and a re-rez of a home will correct for it.

[03:30] Patch Linden: We've generally (read: somewhat, maybe) been ok with the color changing shells that were made for the Traditional homes for example, people have for the most part made smart choices there, but it could get out of hand.  It's sorta like living in a deed restricted (HOA) community, things should remain in balance and clean. :)

[03:33] Patch Linden: All ya's gotta do is ask me, hopefully I won't miss things, but I'm always happy to clear things up.

(formerly posted this) :  I didn't catch where this topic picked up at, but if shells & add ons are banded, I'll abide by it as well, though it'll be a very sad and blue day for myself, Cian and others.  Nearly 6 months ago now, the Bellis Blues Cafe was designed with a shell and add on, beautifully done, to make it possible to have the blues cafe.  If they're banned, then we'll have to sadly close the doors on this little Bellisseria community get together location, for without the lovely additions that @Chic Aeon designed for the cafe, it just.....isn't the blues cafe.

Added: The Bellis Blues Cafe's design is safe and secure. Doors will remain open! 🥳

Bellis Blues Cafe advert pic

Thanks for tagging me. I thought about this too. I am pretty sure (you will have to experiment on the sandbox) that I made this purposefully so that the regular Linden textures could be used.  Logically if the texture "I" used lines up, they will line up also. So some adjusting would likely be necessary for repeats but I know you have the skills for that :D.      Hopefully it won't be an issue.  Honestly I thought about the tint any color with windows and trim and such and I can IMAGINE some horrible colors and combos and really wouldn't want to live next door to that. So I definitely see the reasoning there.  If people stay sane with their tinkering then it likely will be OK.   Didn't realize it had been THAT LONG!!!!   :D.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Thanks for tagging me. I thought about this too. I am pretty sure (you will have to experiment on the sandbox) that I made this purposefully so that the regular Linden textures could be used.  Logically if the texture "I" used lines up, they will line up also. So some adjusting would likely be necessary for repeats but I know you have the skills for that :D.      Hopefully it won't be an issue.  Honestly I thought about the tint any color with windows and trim and such and I can IMAGINE some horrible colors and combos and really wouldn't want to live next door to that. So I definitely see the reasoning there.  If people stay sane with their tinkering then it likely will be OK.   Didn't realize it had been THAT LONG!!!!   :D.   

Yes, I helped set up another location using your party pad and shell add on and put the LH white siding textures on it. Came out beautiful.  From what Patch Linden stated in the group chat this morning, the add ons creators made for the Traditional Homes, Houseboats should be fine as long as they are staying in theme of the original content created by Patch & moles.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@Patch Linden spoke up in Bellisseria Citizens chat group this morning and cleared up the confusion on this.

Regarding the posted chat room text,  an observation:

1)  I think we can all acknowledge the importance of a covenant to stop "anything goes" in this particular Linden product and expect covenant's to be refined over time.  A covenant helps to protect and provide a better user experience for all, and managing one can always be a fine line.

2)  "If you desire that level of freedom, then perhaps you have outgrown the Linden Homes product."  I would suggest a large number of more experienced users are flocking to this new product. Their suggestions & experience should summon a response from management based on kindness, thoughtful respect and consideration.  A canned response reply followed up by this next quote suggests a tone of dismissive anger, and throws up red flags.  The  exact reply concluded: "Maybe the next item for us to consider is perhaps a modification to the covenant restricting exterior appearance modifiers further (disallowing Shells)."   To put these two quotes in context (as suggested), they were a  response due to a post that made (passionately) fact based comments & suggestions based on that day's current covenant:

3) The Victorian Linden Home was marketed  in announcements and chats having new technologies and surprises, and user's only learned what many of them were simply by interacting with their home.   As  it turned out, the interior & exterior tinting was discovered.  Then announced in chat rooms and blogs that  tinting exterior was a "bug", followed quickly by a post (now that it's called "a bug") this was abuse of a bug, a TOS Violation, then dealt with swiftly and examples made of.  

4) Given these quotes and the actions that followed, it could give a home owner (or add-on maker, paint shell builder) pause regarding future builds, especially for the Victorian Linden Home.  By example, a covenant update of something not illegal yesterday could be dreamed a violation by all, tomorrow.

5) For the followup clarification provided by management:  I would offer that most users were not intent in "rubbed color changing shells in our faces"", but were simply proud of not only their amazing new Linden Home, but of their own unique creativity too.  I don't believe color changing shells were meant to suggest the original work was lacking or designed to offend Lindens & moles.  As other writers have suggested, the current covenant already covers what to expect when things get out of hand, and some have suggested ways on allowing but limiting a exterior tone change rather than all out Mainland freedom. 

If the Lindens deem no color shells, or suddenly for that matter no cars in driveways or flags flying from your home, it is of course Their Land, Their Toys, Their Covenant.  The market will eventually decide it's success over time.   Let us all be mindful of words and actions towards others.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

... blah, blah, blah, entitlement, blah, blah, blah ... 

1. It's not a fine line. LL, and by extension Patch, make the rules. Abide by them or go snag some mainland.

2. The homes have always been intended to be starter homes. Perhaps the interest shown by old-timers is making LL think of other plans for down the line, but Linden Homes are really meant to be starter homes for new residents. It's great that it's a premium benefit. It's great that they are gorgeous. It's great that they are restrictive so that as new residents become not-so-new residents and start wanting to be able to choose where they live, and what type of house, and landscaping, and colors, etc., etc., can abandon their LH for the next new user and use their tier for a piece of mainland where they can do pretty much whatever they want. Dismissive anger and red flags? Patch has pretty much been in SL since day one as, first, a resident, and now as an employee at the executive level. He loves SL more than anyone, and has put more passion and heart and soul and love into this platform than anyone. It's not just a job for him. Bellisseria is his baby. He's human - and I love that he shares his humanity with us - and, yeah, it sucks when people start telling you how to raise your child. Through thick and thin (and believe me, it's gotten pretty thick in here at times...) he has been attentive and considerate and responsive. I can count the number of times I've really seen him show anger towards something - this is one of those two times, and it was well-deserved, and also extremely mild. People get demanding and want, want, want, want, want. If it ticked some people off, then perhaps those people should step back and think about why Patch, the nicest of all the nice guys, got a little snippy. 

3. It was a bug. It is a TOS violation. It is abuse of a known bug. Them's just the facts.

4. Yeah, and...? Linden Homes are Linden Homes. There is a covenant in place. That covenant forbids altering the exterior structure. LL has been lovely enough to not really come down on anyone for making these really incredible add-ons. It's an entirely different matter, though, when it comes to placing a shell over the entire home to alter the look. Shells should be banned. They are antithetical to the purpose of Linden Homes. 

9OzDN.jpg.af0e16f9a93758e712a2c77135604177.jpg

She thought she was being creative, too. Linden Homes aren't blank canvases. Again, they are restrictive for a reason.

6. Calm down. 

7. I just wanted to finish the rainbow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Regarding the posted chat room text,  an observation:

1)  I think we can all acknowledge the importance of a covenant to stop "anything goes" in this particular Linden product and expect covenant's to be refined over time.  A covenant helps to protect and provide a better user experience for all, and managing one can always be a fine line.

2)  "If you desire that level of freedom, then perhaps you have outgrown the Linden Homes product."  I would suggest a large number of more experienced users are flocking to this new product. Their suggestions & experience should summon a response from management based on kindness, thoughtful respect and consideration.  A canned response reply followed up by this next quote suggests a tone of dismissive anger, and throws up red flags.  The  exact reply concluded: "Maybe the next item for us to consider is perhaps a modification to the covenant restricting exterior appearance modifiers further (disallowing Shells)."   To put these two quotes in context (as suggested), they were a  response due to a post that made (passionately) fact based comments & suggestions based on that day's current covenant:

3) The Victorian Linden Home was marketed  in announcements and chats having new technologies and surprises, and user's only learned what many of them were simply by interacting with their home.   As  it turned out, the interior & exterior tinting was discovered.  Then announced in chat rooms and blogs that  tinting exterior was a "bug", followed quickly by a post (now that it's called "a bug") this was abuse of a bug, a TOS Violation, then dealt with swiftly and examples made of.  

4) Given these quotes and the actions that followed, it could give a home owner (or add-on maker, paint shell builder) pause regarding future builds, especially for the Victorian Linden Home.  By example, a covenant update of something not illegal yesterday could be dreamed a violation by all, tomorrow.

5) For the followup clarification provided by management:  I would offer that most users were not intent in "rubbed color changing shells in our faces"", but were simply proud of not only their amazing new Linden Home, but of their own unique creativity too.  I don't believe color changing shells were meant to suggest the original work was lacking or designed to offend Lindens & moles.  As other writers have suggested, the current covenant already covers what to expect when things get out of hand, and some have suggested ways on allowing but limiting a exterior tone change rather than all out Mainland freedom. 

If the Lindens deem no color shells, or suddenly for that matter no cars in driveways or flags flying from your home, it is of course Their Land, Their Toys, Their Covenant.  The market will eventually decide it's success over time.   Let us all be mindful of words and actions towards others.

When people aren't able to see the full context of a conversation, they oft misinterpret the meaning behind the words|message.  I snippeted pieces of @Patch Linden's conversation in group chat this morning, that is my mistake.  His tone was not dismissive, nor angry or a red flag to slap around in people's faces for their own passion or unique ideas.  Patch was very friendly, had his typical Patch humor and warmth and we found his clarifying comments to our chatter very insightful and helpful and we thanked him for it.

I'm seeing you have 30ish posts. I'm not sure if you were here from the beginning or early days of the new Linden Homes projects, but the mammoth of posts, comments and rudeness that Patch, the Linden builders and moles have had to endure, warranted at times a stern look, wag of a finger and reclarifying of the covenant a few times, since the 1st release was launched back in the spring of 2019.

And might I say, LL management (Patch's team) has handled it all with amazing patience, ingenuity and tact, considering some of the bullying, snark and just outright malarkey that has been thrown at them, on these forums and in Bellisserian group chats; from a small army of critics and the 'I know better' opinions out there.

The LH covenant allows people to add some of their own touches to the interior and exterior, the latter with limitations.  And it is suggested to stay in theme and use good taste when being creative.  The majority of modified LH are mindful of this, whereas Patch and his moles, never have to bat an eye and are able to keep moving forward, building new regions and releasing them to all our delight.  There is the occasion that someone oversteps the boundary and they find an item returned or a message to please change something from a LL team member.

We've had the Bellis Blues Cafe since June of 2019, 6 months now, with an add on party pad and a house shell, using gorgeous cedar siding, that is very similar to what the LH's creator pack has for that house style. Its in theme and does not stand out, like some of the 'painted lady' Victorian homes do in RL.  As long as residence of Bellisseria are mindful of their covenant and stay in theme, they can enhance their home, as long as it blends in with the others and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb; then I see no threat of the covenant banning our ability to make our homes unique with our own little signature touches.

PS: Sometimes creators|builders think they have a finished product ready to be released to market and upon release, they discover bugs, mistakes, a slip of a coding issue and realize they need to amend it. Calling them out on this is honestly unfair and a callow nitpicking when the unforeseen issue is remedied.

When one complies and does it in good taste, there is no issue.

48342013906_bcb51007a2_c.jpg.8367db001d9a686f3570002052d5df24.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Yes, let's allow any & all shells, certainly that won't end with, say, someone making a 5 story modern office building shell to plop over a Victorian, that'll be... lovely :/ (If you allow it... someone will test the boundaries.)  The covenant allows for plenty of personal expression while maintaining the theme. If you don't like the theme: it's a big virtual world. Go forth~! 

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.