How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I so, so don't feel like working today.  I have let go of the names threads, there's nothing more I need to know about it.  I'm sure if I did read any of them I would get grouchy about it so I'm not going there. I could grouch about GoH but that would be petty.  Truth is I'm not sure why I am even playing GoH but maybe I'm hoping for that rush I got when I got the almost perfect Victorian house and the perfect Trad house.  I already have a piece of mainland that I can put any kind of house I want on, but still I keep playing. Meanwhile my job sucks, I was supposed to be retired by now and my realtor is MIA.  And @BelindaN, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.  Losing parents is a killer.  I lost my Mom about 6 years ago and she suffered a long decline that ended with an elective heart surgery that was supposed to prolong her life and she wound up dying of complications afterwards. I miss both  my  parents still but I am glad they are not around to suffer the Covid plague.

• Like 7

Up at the crack of..... (I don't know a Dawn so I won't say that.....😲😆) and on the agenda today are yet more interwebs courses for online delivery to students.
That's great but my mentors and colleagues tend to spend 2 hours doing one half an hours work. (as usual-ho hum) and all these courses were thrown up in the last week.
Therefore any work I had planned for my own little startup company goes straight out the window yet again. *sighs

As a reward for biting my tongue and being so amiable about it all I'm going to make the biggest baddest toasted egg & bacon roll in the history of the whole world for brekkie!

• Like 5

I'm tired because I couldn't get to sleep last night until roughly 1:00 am and then woke up every couple of hours until the alarm went off a bit before 7:00.  I'm super busy at work, with pretty much no time to spare, as I try to finish up this last task due next week - yet, it is time to plan for the next quarter and so someone scheduled meetings to occur almost all day every day for the next week. 

*sigh*

And hubby might have it.  He got a headache yesterday -- he never gets headaches - and this morning the "coughing up a lung hacking" started combined with a fever.  He called the doc and they say to only come for testing if the fever is >= 104 for 3 days or the breathing gets extremely difficult.

*double sigh*

• Sad 9

I'm feeling lonely. tired and  just so bloody fed up of people  off and online trying to tell me how my Gender is Anti-science/just for attention/insert other falsehood here. I am  tired of being  misgendered, deadnamed and otherwise verbally  torn down all because I dare try to live as myself in peace. Between the lockdown,  the verbal vomits of transphobia and a whole heap of woes. I just can't find the energy to do anything but sleep, eat  and  watch youtube videos while  questioning when did my life become a pile of misery and getting angry at everything.

I just want to find a  place to belong without having to constantly  justify my existence, is that really so wrong?

• Sad 8

34 minutes ago, AylinVali said:

I just want to find a  place to belong without having to constantly  justify my existence, is that really so wrong?

No, not wrong at all. No one should have to justify their existence.

grabs you and smooshes you in a big squishy hug

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AylinVali said:

You deserve to have some place to be and some people to be around. Feel free to message me inworld (name below). You deserve a good friend! ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The downside of having a good day sitting in the sun yesterday is today I am so so sore.  Not even sunburn but its because I sat in a completely different chair for a long time.  Sounds mad yeah but posture and MS are a thing.  If you dig deep enough EVERYTHING is  a bloody thing with MS.  Normally I would just take an Ibuprofen and all will be fine but since I read stories about the virus and avoiding Ibuprofen, I am bloody paranoid.  My daily sitting pilates or yoga sessions kind of ground to a halt once school closed and I don't have that "me" time so much now.   

My shopping order is due in the next 90 minutes and please tell me in whose mind is a lettuce a substitute for a cucumber.  Especially when I already have a lettuce coming! Personally I hate cucumber but the child eats them a lot.  At the moment we aren't allowed to hand back substitutes to the driver like normal so I guess I am stuck with 2 lettuce. A minor thing to get worked up about I suppose.  

7d609ded9efb0b0563fbcecc3a5d7977.png

Then I look around my house and garden.  There areis still builders supplies all over the front garden from when they had to down tools and not finish the work.  The decorating in the front room ground to a halt when my son ran out of white paint.  I have no stair or living room carpet because the fitters aren't allowed to work or come in the house.   One half of my garden is inaccessible as the ground was dug out and prepared for the new decking which again the workmen can't complete.  

This thread always helps me because sometimes just typing it all out and reading it back is a good way to shake myself and deal with it.  It's not the end of the world.  I've come through worse. 

• Like 6

Sometimesi feel very sad and alone , but then  i read  my city local vk public pages where posts from guys are like:

-Is that possible to find girl 23-27 without a kid?( if any girl react guys always ask why she is signle and then guess that she is fat ,likes to uck dude brain,etc)

-Here we have thr ugliest girls ever !agree guys?)(comments are 50 on 50).

and then i don t feel alone anymore

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

Sometimesi feel very sad and alone , but then  i read  my city local vk public pages where posts from guys are like:

-Is that possible to find girl 23-27 without a kid?( if any girl react guys always ask why she is signle and then guess that she is fat ,likes to uck dude brain,etc)

-Here we have thr ugliest girls ever !agree guys?)(comments are 50 on 50).

and then i don t feel alone anymore

I might be speaking right out of turn here, because I do that a lot, but these shallow single guys, who advertise for girls, and then get super picky, like they are so darn perfect (which they are darn not!), are a load of Shallow Hal's and not worth knowing. 

All girls are beautiful, all girls are capable of love, and even the "ugly" "fat" ones have arms to hug with, and might actually be a lot better at da sex than so-called "beautiful" ones.

And then there are the stinky ones, the pretty girls with perfect makeup who forget to tend their feet (I've shared flats with a couple of those in my past). 

It is hard to find a Prince among men, and poison often comes in pretty packaging. 

I'm not ugly. I'm not beautiful. I am an acquired taste. I put on a lot of weight at one bit to actually try and discourage blokes from coming onto me, but then all the feeders and weirdos came out of the woodwork! 

_____

How am I feeling right now?  

Discarded, but not ugly. 

Misunderstood. 

Bitter.

Moderately amused. 

Some days I feel more stupid than others. Today I feel very stupid.

Edited by Marigold Devin
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, needed to add inverted commas.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The downside of having a good day sitting in the sun yesterday is today I am so so sore.  Not even sunburn but its because I sat in a completely different chair for a long time.  Sounds mad yeah but posture and MS are a thing.  If you dig deep enough EVERYTHING is  a bloody thing with MS.  Normally I would just take an Ibuprofen and all will be fine but since I read stories about the virus and avoiding Ibuprofen, I am bloody paranoid.  My daily sitting pilates or yoga sessions kind of ground to a halt once school closed and I don't have that "me" time so much now.   

My shopping order is due in the next 90 minutes and please tell me in whose mind is a lettuce a substitute for a cucumber.  Especially when I already have a lettuce coming! Personally I hate cucumber but the child eats them a lot.  At the moment we aren't allowed to hand back substitutes to the driver like normal so I guess I am stuck with 2 lettuce. A minor thing to get worked up about I suppose.  

7d609ded9efb0b0563fbcecc3a5d7977.png

Then I look around my house and garden.  There areis still builders supplies all over the front garden from when they had to down tools and not finish the work.  The decorating in the front room ground to a halt when my son ran out of white paint.  I have no stair or living room carpet because the fitters aren't allowed to work or come in the house.   One half of my garden is inaccessible as the ground was dug out and prepared for the new decking which again the workmen can't complete.  

This thread always helps me because sometimes just typing it all out and reading it back is a good way to shake myself and deal with it.  It's not the end of the world.  I've come through worse. 

Lettuce sandwiches and lettuce on the side of everything for the next few days I think! Bizarre substitution. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I might be speaking right out of turn here, because I do that a lot, but these shallow single guys, who advertise for girls, and then get super picky, like they are so darn perfect (which they are darn not!), are a load of Shallow Hal's and not worth knowing. 

All girls are beautiful, all girls are capable of love, and even the ugly fat ones have arms to hug with, and might actually be a lot better at da sex than so-called beautiful ones.

And then there are the stinky ones, the pretty girls with perfect makeup who forget to tend their feet (I've shared flats with a couple of those in my past). 

It is hard to find a Prince among men, and poison often comes in pretty packaging. 

I'm not ugly. I'm not beautiful. I am an acquired taste. I put on a lot of weight at one bit to actually try and discourage blokes from coming onto me, but then all the feeders and weirdos came out of the woodwork! 

_____

How am I feeling right now?  

Discarded, but not ugly. 

Misunderstood. 

Bitter.

Moderately amused. 

Some days I feel more stupid than others. Today I feel very stupid.

lets feel like lil kittens,i heard it helps a bit

-warm hugs Marigold-

ssssss.png

• Thanks 1

Confused.  My husband was on the couch all day yesterday with a 102 fever with a pounding headache and a horrid hacking cough.  He went to bed freezing but sweating.  Sometime during the night the fever broke and this morning he says he feels fine.

Allergies do not come with a fever.  Sounds more like flu, but that seldom is a 24-hour thing.  I didn't think that food poisoning had all those symptoms, but even if so, we both mostly eat the same stuff.

So who knows

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Confused.  My husband was on the couch all day yesterday with a 102 fever with a pounding headache and a horrid hacking cough.  He went to bed freezing but sweating.  Sometime during the night the fever broke and this morning he says he feels fine.

Allergies do not come with a fever.  Sounds more like flu, but that seldom is a 24-hour thing.  I didn't think that food poisoning had all those symptoms, but even if so, we both mostly eat the same stuff.

So who knows

Usual rules apply - for protecting everyone else, assume he's got it. For protecting him, assume he hasn't

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zzevir said:

Maybe not the wisest words to use. 

(Really hard not comment what I want.)

Right back at you - "not the wisest words to use" pfffft.

Tell me what would have been the wisest words to use. Please do.  I am, as my signature line states "learning something new every day" - and obviously I am still making mistakes along the way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Right back at you - "not the wisest words to use" pfffft.

Tell me what would have been the wisest words to use. Please do.  I am, as my signature line states "learning something new every day" - and obviously I am still making mistakes along the way. 

let me fix my post 

2 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

let me fix my post 

Actually, don't f*cking bother. Read. My. Tone. Read the title of this thread. "How are you feeling today". I am feeling like SH1T, and I DON'T need to be  kicked while I am feeling down - because I will f*cking well kick back.  

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

I keep my mouth shut as I can't make a joke with out offending somebody 

This isn't the joke thread. This is for people who are feeling down due to life circumstances, or anything else really, to have a place to let it out without judgement or piety or lectures... or bad jokes designed to belittle or dismiss what a person is feeling because those feelings are valid and real and deserve to be treated as such. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.