Jump to content

How are you feeling today?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Today, 15th April,  I am incredibly sad as a Liverpool fan, a Scouser and a football fan.  As I have been every year on this date since 1989.   

At 6 minutes past 3 this afternoon I will stand on my step alongside my son and uphold 2 minutes clapping for the 96 Liverpool fans who just went to watch a game and never came home as this year obviously they cannot hold the usual memorial at the ground.  I will also play You'll Never Walk Alone loudly on my phone.  

 

  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy wor

My dad passed away today, in his sleep, at the hospice. I'm in that shock phase now, numb and unable to think.

So, quick update number 2...  My daughter is negative for covid-19!!! the super quarantine is lifted and we can go grocery shopping! Back to your regularly scheduled bickering.. 

Posted Images

Received a beefy pay despite being a casual on term break.
I am incredibly humbled at being looked after in this fashion.
I give my all at my day job but I have NEVER been acknowledged like this before.
In these scary uncertain times it's enough to bring a tear to the eye.
Were back in one and a half weeks and as usual I had budgeted to the last cent
but yeah.
Never knew this would happen. (now I can spend all of that on my personal company lololol).
WuHuuuuuuuuu!!!!! \0/ EDIT: OMG look Wuhands -> Wu\0/ lololol

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fate hasn't stopped kicking me...…….

Call this morning from Social Services to say my mother's fall alarm was showing a mains power failure.

So I had to go over to check, and there is no electricity in the house, from 2.30am this morning...……….the lights are on timers is how I know.

Neighbours father in law is an electrician, and later he checked the box...…...no power from the street.

Three months ago the power company upgraded the supply with huge trenches outside on the pavement. Since then there have been isolated failures.

So I had to ring the emergency number...…...now meeting an engineer there in half an hour...……….

Today has been a write off...…...I wonder how much longer this will go on...……...

  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

So the phone rings at 11.30 last night. Mother had a fall at the rehab unit, and was moved back to A&E for the fourth time in eight weeks. And so it continues... :(

 

What sort of equipment are they giving her to help her get around without falling?  

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

She was in bed and fell before they could get to her. We can't visit, so no idea of the layout. She's had a seizure this morning as a result of the fall. It really will be a blessing when she passes. She was proud and independent for so many years. The toughest part is watching this slow decline, and constant suffering. Getting old is not appealing when you see how it can be.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Sad 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

It really will be a blessing when she passes. She was proud and independent for so many years. The toughest part is watching this slow decline, and constant suffering. Getting old is not appealing when you see how it can be.

I understand what you mean.  My mum had an inoperable brain tumour which was fed by the clean blood she was getting at her 3 times a week dialysis.  She went into a hospice with the warning she would die within 3 days because they stopped the dialysis.  At that point she had no clue who she was or who we were.  To me that was when she died but she lasted another 8 weeks in the hospice just laying there while we waited.  That is not how I like to remember her.   

Hugs to you.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad was a semi-pro rugby player, a keen and skilled artist, a violinist, a fantastic sailor who taught me more about reading the ocean and the wind than I thought it was ever possible to know, a woodworker and a committed and caring doctor... and then he got Parkinson's disease. He beat it for a decade and a half longer than they thought he would, tolerating ever-more troublesome treatments as one by one those other parts of his life became something physically barred to him. I saw when he decided "ok, I'm done here. Time to leave" on some subconscious level and three weeks later I got "that phone call" from my mom. 

I totally understand, @BelindaN

The body you see in that slow decline is not the person. As their connection to this world becomes more tenuous, less and less of who they are goes to maintaining their anchor to it but the love and care they feel for those around them here makes letting go a slow and sometimes difficult process. The person you will remember is merely moving on. What you see happening now is like a difficult bar-crossing when leaving the harbor. Stormy and sometimes terrifying, but it leads to an open and free sea.

 

If anything truly remains after we pass from this world, I strongly subscribe to Terry Pratchetts view of it... Whatever awaits you is exactly what you believe in and expect.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

Received a beefy pay despite being a casual on term break.
I am incredibly humbled at being looked after in this fashion.
I give my all at my day job but I have NEVER been acknowledged like this before.
In these scary uncertain times it's enough to bring a tear to the eye.
Were back in one and a half weeks and as usual I had budgeted to the last cent
but yeah.
Never knew this would happen. (now I can spend all of that on my personal company lololol).
WuHuuuuuuuuu!!!!! \0/ EDIT: OMG look Wuhands -> Wu\0/ lololol

And then you, you lovely girl, you pay it forward already by showing and paying for a newbie to upgrade their avatar - like I said earlier, you're my Second Life hero of the day. (My real life heroes of the day are the four ambulance personnel who assisted with my brother earlier, and the lovely supermarket delivery man - I gave them the claps while they were in front of me, as they might not hear them at 8pm when the country is scheduled to clap, cheer, set off cannons for the NHS etc.).

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

My dad was a semi-pro rugby player, a keen and skilled artist, a violinist, a fantastic sailor who taught me more about reading the ocean and the wind than I thought it was ever possible to know, a woodworker and a committed and caring doctor... and then he got Parkinson's disease. He beat it for a decade and a half longer than they thought he would, tolerating ever-more troublesome treatments as one by one those other parts of his life became something physically barred to him. I saw when he decided "ok, I'm done here. Time to leave" on some subconscious level and three weeks later I got "that phone call" from my mom. 

I totally understand, @BelindaN

The body you see in that slow decline is not the person. As their connection to this world becomes more tenuous, less and less of who they are goes to maintaining their anchor to it but the love and care they feel for those around them here makes letting go a slow and sometimes difficult process. The person you will remember is merely moving on. What you see happening now is like a difficult bar-crossing when leaving the harbor. Stormy and sometimes terrifying, but it leads to an open and free sea.

 

If anything truly remains after we pass from this world, I strongly subscribe to Terry Pratchetts view of it... Whatever awaits you is exactly what you believe in and expect.

Thankyou for this Da5id, I appreciate your perspective. In truth I think we lost her on Feb 14th. That was the night she spent on the floor in an unheated bedroom, with blood sugar off the scale. The following day she was delirious and out of it, and despite a brief improvement a few days after this, has been on the slide since then. So once again I may face a fight because the hospital default position is always to consider sending her home as Plan A. The power outage yesterday screwed the freezer contents, so although it's back on, there's basically no food there now, and I can only do limited shopping because of the lockdown. 

Anyway......we'll see what tomorrow brings.

  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Thankyou for this Da5id, I appreciate your perspective. In truth I think we lost her on Feb 14th. That was the night she spent on the floor in an unheated bedroom, with blood sugar off the scale. The following day she was delirious and out of it, and despite a brief improvement a few days after this, has been on the slide since then. So once again I may face a fight because the hospital default position is always to consider sending her home as Plan A. The power outage yesterday screwed the freezer contents, so although it's back on, there's basically no food there now, and I can only do limited shopping because of the lockdown. 

Anyway......we'll see what tomorrow brings.

It takes all your strength and more, and it's horrible you have this constant battle to keep her safe, and then on top of that the power outage (and covid-19 malarkey). Sending her home just is not an option. Absolutely not. I send you some of my "angry mari"-ness - stand firm. You are a lovely daughter for anyone to have, very supportive, and you have more than done your best. You need the support now. Stay strong!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that I'm so damn sick of the threads complaining about either the $40, the choices of names, the premium requirement, or all of the above, that I want to vomit means I'm probably not doing so great today. Freaking pay it or don't pay it - just STFU. 

And, yes, I know people can complain about anything they want, or not complain. The point is that I'm not feeling so great today if I want to rip people's heads off over threads I absolutely don't have to read, and thus not get irritated over. That's on me, not the whiners. I'm the whiner. I'm whining now. 

And it's obnoxious, I know. I'm being obnoxious. 

And someone took Bossa Nova before I could get to it and I'm pissed off about that, too.

And that's another clue that I'm not feeling so great today because I have no intention of changing my name but I'm upset about not being able to pick the name I want for an alt that I literally never use except to play Game of Homes on Bellisseria. I tried to come up with something else that would sound sort of Bond girl-ish but came up empty. The last name of Puddles has promise but I can't put anything with it that isn't just downright vulgar.

I should just go back to bed.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

The fact that I'm so damn sick of the threads complaining about either the $40, the choices of names, the premium requirement, or all of the above, that I want to vomit means I'm probably not doing so great today. Freaking pay it or don't pay it - just STFU. 

THIS ^^^^  100 TIMES THIS 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Golden Puddles 

Made myself laugh there 🙄

Piddles Puddles

Tiddles Puddles

Muddles Puddles

Puddy Puddles

***** Puddles (!!!)

I friggin' cheated, and just called my new avatar MarigoldVanilla. I'm not paying that kinda money. I'd rather give it to Tom who's currently plodding around his garden with his zimmer frame raising money for the NHS. What a brilliant example of why we need to value EVERY MEMBER OF OUR SOCIETY, the younger ones have been so dismissive of the older ones - I've heard them :(  . One day - if they are VERY lucky, they will be old one day. IF they are lucky. 

I don't truly know how I am feeling today. It's been a bit of an up and down week, and I feel frankly mentally jostled about.  But in the big scheme of things, feel extremely lucky.

Ohhh cannons going off. Time for the big clap. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
to correct type, rushing out to get the clap at 8pm
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So ... back in February, my left eye started bothing me.  Just a little at times but it was looking blood shot. I didn't think anything about and besides, I see my ophthalmologist every spring so I just set up the appointment for the 1st week in March.  He said it looked stretched and irritated from me sleeping on my left side.

So I spent some time sleeping on my right side.  It gets worse.  More red and more headaches.  I even started sleeping in a chair so I would not be on either side.  After a couple of weeks it becomes a constant pain interspersed with migraines.  So I call the doc again.  By now the quarentine is in full lockdown.  The office said they would call in some eye drops.  Only the pharmacy never gets the prescription. This covers the next two weeks including the Easter Holiday ... 5 times at 3 different pharmacies the doctors office say they are calling it in but the pharmacies never get the prescription.  Monday after they opened I tried to convience them to just give me a physical perscription and I could take it the pharmacy myself.  With the covid they didn't want anyone coming in unless absolutely necessary.  They promised they would use the phone and not their system and would call it in before noon.

Nothing.

So I called my regular doctor's office to see about getting an appointment with him on Tuesday

By this time my eye was solid red.  Not blood shot.  Red.  My doc was upset that I had not called him earlier.  I told him the whole long ordeal and he said they would fix this now.  They called in the prescription.  My doctor called my Moday afternoon before they left for the day to be sure I actually received the drops.  He again went over how to use them (every 6 hours, needs to show improvement in 48 hours) and made me promise to call if things did not improve.

So I have been using the drops for 2 days now.  Most of the swelling around the eye is gone, the migraine like pain is gons and it is showing a lot of improvement.  Still hurts, but much less. 

Anyway ... I'm going to need a new eye doc before next year.  Other than that I am again thrilled to have my GP.  He really is the best.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So ... back in February, my left eye started bothing me.  Just a little at times but it was looking blood shot. I didn't think anything about and besides, I see my ophthalmologist every spring so I just set up the appointment for the 1st week in March.  He said it looked stretched and irritated from me sleeping on my left side.

So I spent some time sleeping on my right side.  It gets worse.  More red and more headaches.  I even started sleeping in a chair so I would not be on either side.  After a couple of weeks it becomes a constant pain interspersed with migraines.  So I call the doc again.  By now the quarentine is in full lockdown.  The office said they would call in some eye drops.  Only the pharmacy never gets the prescription. This covers the next two weeks including the Easter Holiday ... 5 times at 3 different pharmacies the doctors office say they are calling it in but the pharmacies never get the prescription.  Monday after they opened I tried to convience them to just give me a physical perscription and I could take it the pharmacy myself.  With the covid they didn't want anyone coming in unless absolutely necessary.  They promised they would use the phone and not their system and would call it in before noon.

Nothing.

So I called my regular doctor's office to see about getting an appointment with him on Tuesday

By this time my eye was solid red.  Not blood shot.  Red.  My doc was upset that I had not called him earlier.  I told him the whole long ordeal and he said they would fix this now.  They called in the prescription.  My doctor called my Moday afternoon before they left for the day to be sure I actually received the drops.  He again went over how to use them (every 6 hours, needs to show improvement in 48 hours) and made me promise to call if things did not improve.

So I have been using the drops for 2 days now.  Most of the swelling around the eye is gone, the migraine like pain is gons and it is showing a lot of improvement.  Still hurts, but much less. 

Anyway ... I'm going to need a new eye doc before next year.  Other than that I am again thrilled to have my GP.  He really is the best.

omg  Dear, glad to see you´re better.... what...well you know me well enough to know what I´d call em...


I myself am doing great so far, xept for some serious muscle fatigue. One month from today will be Jonian´s and mine RL wedding .... curious to see how many of the 80 people invited will be allowed... the rest will participate via videochat^^
Also glad when that´s over and it´s just every day-to-day life for us

The current situation doesn´t affect me in any other way,  for Jonian it´s not much different xept for the 10 mins drive to work not happening. He´s a computer scientist so all he needs is his work laptop. The weather is SPECTACULAR!!!! and our balcony is superb and as it´s now planting time it´s literally exploding with yummie greenness and flowers *-* (also...we have a bat - how cool is that?)
It´s further to take out the paper trash than to shop groceries, our favourite restaurant brings us our beloved food once a week -with our fave cocktails cos they love us as much as we love them .... and we have several doctors beneath us in our home.
Germany´s so damn stupid when it comes to letting awesome possibilities slide - no balcony parties or concerts or workouts like you´ve seen in videos from Italy and Spain... I mean... a balcony party with x people on one balcony is nice - but imagine everybody being on their own balcony be it cos neighbours or via videochat. SPAAAACE, nobody eats your food, nobody blocks the bathroom.... can I hear a HELL YEAH? XD Plus we get regular entertainment from the police and local firefighters who roam the streets blasting  an uplifting song^^

we´re living our very best life here, though the frequency of video calls with friends and family could increase a bit...lazy bunch they are :P On Saturday our monthly StarWars meetup will have it´s 2nd homeoffice version and Jonian´s spending a lot of time RPing on Role20 with his regular groups ^^ (and yes I´m hardly on the forums anymore cos the posts give me headaches and rant attacks but I wanted to post something positive again for once XD)

Fingers crossed for those who have it harder...and the essentials are rockstars!!!!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made lunch today with sauerkraut and I eat a lot. And know I need to work but I'm just too full. 

On the other hand I was in SL for like 2 hour today did some bits and bobs. Did a lot of free shopping. 

Made a new thread about it it got deleted. 

So mostly normal day Exept the stomach ache. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

The fact that I'm so damn sick of the threads complaining about either the $40, the choices of names, the premium requirement, or all of the above, that I want to vomit means I'm probably not doing so great today. Freaking pay it or don't pay it - just STFU. 

And, yes, I know people can complain about anything they want, or not complain. The point is that I'm not feeling so great today if I want to rip people's heads off over threads I absolutely don't have to read, and thus not get irritated over. That's on me, not the whiners. I'm the whiner. I'm whining now. 

And it's obnoxious, I know. I'm being obnoxious. 

And someone took Bossa Nova before I could get to it and I'm pissed off about that, too.

And that's another clue that I'm not feeling so great today because I have no intention of changing my name but I'm upset about not being able to pick the name I want for an alt that I literally never use except to play Game of Homes on Bellisseria. I tried to come up with something else that would sound sort of Bond girl-ish but came up empty. The last name of Puddles has promise but I can't put anything with it that isn't just downright vulgar.

I should just go back to bed.

Beetch, piss and moan, beetch, piss and moan.

*dumps a bucket full of ice cold water over Beth's head*

Deal with it!

harshingmymellow.jpg.75ff61f2a8e4a11d1427f49d99e27d29.jpg

 

 

Puddles. Amy Puddles.

Puddles. Amelia Puddles.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...