How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Whey the hell do plumbing issues like that always happen after hours, on a Sunday holiday?

Laws man..laws... lmao (I don't laugh at your plight, just.....I feel ya)

We have a house older than dirt, a HUGE tree out front where literally all of our plmbing runs out to the sewers, and a "city" with a really bad infrastructure.....tie all of that together and you have a royal mess sometimes. I can't even begin to tell you how many plumbing problems we have had over the years. Nearly all of them happen when A-places and plumbers are closed, B-I don't have the money to fix it, C-both. (it's almost always C, btw), and also when someone needs more frequent access to the bathroom for some reason....   In our case, it's almost always been a problem caused by roots and old pipes, old everything really. I've become an expert at nearly all plumbing problems at this point, and I have more tools, gadgets, bits and pieces related to plumbing than I' ever imagined I would, for which I am both grateful and not, lol. 

I'm glad you got your plumbing problems solved, they can be such a pain. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

What a fun, awesome song! Thank you for introducing me to an artist I've never heard of! Will be exploring more!

You're very welcome, I quite like her. I also agree it's an awesome fun tune to.

Sometimes I think people need songs like that, tell it like it is, but without all the doom and gloom we attach to our negatives. 

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was doing fine until the F*****NG garbage disposal backed up.  But, nope, not just a simple plug.  My husband ran his 10 ft snake through and encountered nothing major, which means the problem is further down the line and thus we have to have a plumber come run a longer snake.  And the p-trap broke when my husband took it off -- and of course Home Depot and Ace Hardware closed early today because it is Easter. Even after the plumber clears the line, the kitchen sink will still be unusable until sometime tomorrow.

AAARRRRRGGGGGG

Look on the bright side... at least you don't live in a single wide with a busted water.... um... nevermind. :$

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm in a black, foul, dark mood. 

That's really all... don't know what else to say about it. I hate literally everything today. Everything, everybody, the entire solar system... all the other solar systems. 

I'm full of dark, black, foul hatred. 

So yeah. Happy Easter. 

Oh! Got a telemedicine appointment with my doctor in the morning. We may need to boost my meds until this sh*t show is over. 💊💊💊

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Tenuous link.....so I ate something yesterday, which made me see every hour overnight, with long spells on the toilet. Both ends........

My digestion has always been a bit on/off, and the last 12 hours has demonstrated the full range of noise, rumbling,  pain, and the rest. It was about 5am when I knew I was gonna empty my stomach fully into the pan. I've seen people stand and squirt accurately without any noise. That's not my style. I kneel before the altar, and get my head low. I'm told my theatrical approach resembles walrus mating noises. Anyhow after that, and with two hot water bottles the discomfort abaited for a while. Overnight, I'd produced volumes of river mud from the other end, and my final (maybe) delivery just now began with a discrete fart which went south real fast.

I'm OK now. Just feeling like I was kicked around, a bit weak and with a slightly sore throat.......two mugs of tea have gone in, without consequence.

I'm lucky really...........

That sounds an awful lot like food poisoning. Especially if the nether explosions were preceded by abdominal/intestinal pain.

Been there, done that. Didn't want the t-shirt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I slept all day. My doc is increasing the dose on one of my meds so we’ll see how that goes.

I’m glad I slept through all the name change crap. People have been begging and complaining for years... and now they’re still complaining about things that have been known for months.

People are strange. I’m going back to bed.

• Like 3

Wait. Wut? I go away for a few days and this thread is resurrected? And Kali's turned into a plumbing thread? Somehow the consistent inconsistency of the Forum is comforting. It is always effing weird. I was avoiding the Forum just fine and then I read a news article in the WaPo that just infuriated me so I posted in the Venting thread as there was no other place for me to vent effectively.

Several days ago I was just super tired. I didn't know why, but then again my sleep and energy level has been off for quite a while now so I didn't worry about being extra tired too much. This day I was even more tired than the "off" days though. The next day I realized that I managed NOT to take my morning medications on that super tired day (despite having one of those weekly pill boxes to prevent such stupidity from happening). While not definitive by a long shot, it did make me think that perhaps the medications are working more than I realized, and that while WITH them I'm still a slug, WITHOUT them it would be much worse. Part of the medication is thyroid, and as my THS was high but still within the normal range, me starting on thyroid a few months ago was a total crap shoot. I'm not on the usual Synthroid but liothyronine, which supposedly also can be mood affecting.  Anyway. I found it interesting.

I've gone to the trouble to line up some self care things plus ways to cope with the depression. But... sigh. That's about all I've done, mentally "lined things up." I haven't actually done anything yet. When I have tried, I start the whatever it is, go about a minute, think "Ugh, I just don't have the energy" and stop. Still, at least I've thought about stuff I can do to help myself. It is a start, albeit a rather pathetic one. Yay me.

I had another therapy-via-phone session yesterday. Again, I didn't feel like talking with her, and a lot of that has to do with it being over the phone but some of it is that I'm also depressed enough not to want to talk about being depressed because that is, well... depressing. So I was mainly monosyllabic, with a lot of "fine" thrown around, basically telling her that I'm at my usual level of functioning depression while the reality is that I'm very dysfunctional right now. I've never lied to a therapist before (because what's the point in that?). I have to "show up" to these appointments because otherwise I get thrown out of the program and I don't want to lose access to them, and that is a whole different dynamic than when I was upper middle class and had options. Sigh.

And, yeah, I have to agree with @Beth Macbain about people being strange and wtf is up with the 10,000 posts about the stupid name change? I can't leave you folks alone for even a little while without so much silliness ensuing.

image.thumb.png.e8c42059caf0b5d5e82683b43e5ce877.png

• Like 5

@kali Wylder I just noticed your sig line, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

I love Tom Robbins. Love love love his prose, it is so lush it just makes me want to roll around in the pages. Ah, I'd probably sell what's left of my soul to be able to write like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

@kali Wylder I just noticed your sig line, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

I love Tom Robbins. Love love love his prose, it is so lush it just makes me want to roll around in the pages. Ah, I'd probably sell what's left of my soul to be able to write like that.

yeah, his prose is just delicious, and you and me both would just love to be able to write like that. I think you come close sometimes though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

And, yeah, I have to agree with @Beth Macbain about people being strange and wtf is up with the 10,000 posts about the stupid name change? I can't leave you folks alone for even a little while without so much silliness ensuing.

Residents: We want this thing! No, we have no idea about how complex or difficult this thing is, but we want it!

LL: Okay, we'll do it.

...several years later...

LL: It took us a while because it was a really complicated thing we had to do to make it work. That'll be $40, please.

Residents: What? NO! We wanted you to do all this work for the thing we demanded you do and we wanted it free!

Me: 

11a4ul.jpg.a5c0172024a1c7c50b1619b35cd4569b.jpg

Also, I just got the word that I'm back to full time next week. I've got mixed feelings about it... I was rather enjoying only working 3 days a week.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Residents: We want this thing! No, we have no idea about how complex or difficult this thing is, but we want it!

LL: Okay, we'll do it.

...several years later...

LL: It took us a while because it was a really complicated thing we had to do to make it work. That'll be $40, please.

Residents: What? NO! We wanted you to do all this work for the thing we demanded you do and we wanted it free!

Me: 

11a4ul.jpg.a5c0172024a1c7c50b1619b35cd4569b.jpg

Also, I just got the word that I'm back to full time next week. I've got mixed feelings about it... I was rather enjoying only working 3 days a week.

Careful or you'll end up like me and look like that all the time.

1cjfx6.jpg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Goodness, the forums are toxic today.

And I got my hand-slapped for whatever the weather event reported me for on the make us laugh thread. 

We must only joke about things we are certain won't offend anyone

So, basically, no more jokes period. 

I think we are all, for reasonably obvious reasons, feeling increasingly on edge.

I myself am feeling a tad . . . irritated. I think it's time, for that reason, to walk away for a bit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think we are all, for reasonably obvious reasons, feeling increasingly on edge.

I myself am feeling a tad . . . irritated. I think it's time, for that reason, to walk away for a bit.

Yup. Me too. I had my fun today and managed not to get really annoyed by anyone, mostly by selective reading. I'll quit while I'm ahead because my few days of isolation from the forum grrrrrrs had a positive effect.  I think it is fairly common for folks who regularly participate in public forums like this to need to step away every so often.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I think it is fairly common for folks who regularly participate in public forums like this to need to step away every so often.

It's a sometimes useful strategy, indeed.

In this case, one of the people I'm most irritated at is myself, however -- and I'm hard to get away from!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's a sometimes useful strategy, indeed.

In this case, one of the people I'm most irritated at is myself, however -- and I'm hard to get away from!

My guess is that for the moment you're irritated at yourself just when you are in this environment. Taking a time out does get you away from yourself...here. I've experienced both frustration with others and myself over the years with social posting. Sometimes both at once. :/ I will fight tooth and nail (often stupidly) if I think someone is trying to push me out. I'm that stubborn. But putting on sunglasses and strolling out for a short vaca can be just what a few doctors might order. :)

You *can* leave before things get :::cough::: Acrimonious. 

😄

That's an old, old Forum reference to Scylla's infamous past...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Why do I get bummed out every time I see that thread has more comments? duh, My Dad doesn't say anything any more.  Never mind, the pity pot is a one seater and I'm going to bed

I’m with you on that. I hate that thread and understand how you feel. ❤️

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.