How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

My skin care routine at age 50 is far more convoluted, expensive, and insane than it was when I was 15! My skin is still pretty decent, but I get breakouts now like never before. 

Goofy hormones.

Eczema was something that cropped up halfway through my menopause, and I was astounded when my doctor prescribed - actually prescribed for me - Aveeno cream, you know, the stuff advertised by Jennifer Aniston. I never saw her skin look anything less than perfect. I wash my face with extra moisturising baby bath (a supermarket own brand) along with the rest of my body, and that actually works better than any of the creams.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep.  It has been 3 years since the monthly annoyance, yet I still find myself being oddly overly emotional at random times.  Sometimes, between the emotions and the zits, it really is like being a teenager all over again

All my life I have not been a crier (unless as my daughter points out, it had to do with WW2 but I digress). But the last three years I have cried several times a day,and always over the same thing: kindness. I am undone by kindness. I don’t know if it’s hormones or Current events, which I am taking really hard.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

All my life I have not been a crier (unless as my daughter points out, it had to do with WW2 but I digress). But the last three years I have cried several times a day,and always over the same thing: kindness. I am undone by kindness. I don’t know if it’s hormones or Current events, which I am taking really hard.

When I was a child, everyone helped each other out. My mum used to go out to work as well as my dad, and so my friend's mum used to pick me up from school and have me at their house until my mum came home. When we had powercuts, we would exchange candles with a neighbour for a kettle of water heated on their gas stove. Kindness was in abundance back then.

As time has gone on, there seems to be much less kindness. There seems to be no time for kindness, in the hustle and bustle of everyone having to rush here and there and everywhere, commuting to work, always with a face full of technology. And so any random act of kindness really makes an impact. But menopause, for sure, has made everything pin sharp in real time (but has taken a lot of my short term memory - you win some, you lose some!)

• Like 3

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy world.  I couldn't tell you all what was going on before now because I didn't want it to be true.  I wanted the miracle though as we passed Christmas and into the New Year that started to look less and less likely.  

Words are not enough so here's our song.   Everyone please hold your loved one tight as you never know when it will be the last chance.

• Sad 25

20 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy world.  I couldn't tell you all what was going on before now because I didn't want it to be true.  I wanted the miracle though as we passed Christmas and into the New Year that started to look less and less likely.  

Words are not enough so here's our song.   Everyone please hold your loved one tight as you never know when it will be the last chance.

Cindy; this for you right and I'm so sorry for your loss! 

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I can't find the right words - it just shouldn't have happened, you should have had 11 or 22 or 33 more years. The song is beautiful. I'm so sorry. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You must be devastated, Cindy. There's no way to be ready for times like this, even when you can see them coming from far off. We beg for more time to be with the people we love and care for. There's never enough. Hold the memories that you shared in your heart.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh Cindy, I’m so sorry to hear. You have my sympathies and my tears. Other people can always say these things better than me. 

“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”

-Kahlil Gibran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Absolutely broken.

Oh Cindy!  My heart goes out to you.  I lost my partner to lung cancer  back in December of 2014.  He was in remission and then it came back with a vengeance in the Spring of 2014. I was incredibly messed up for over a year after that. I still think about him even now, but the pain has mellowed and I mostly just remember the love. I'm so sorry for you loss.

giphy.gif

Edited by kali Wylder
and I love your song too
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts.  It really does mean a lot.  I have known for a long time that one day I was going to need this thread  and that was why I got a bit ranty on occasions when it went off track :) 

I feel a strange peace today after a proper nights sleep.  I know he is no longer in pain.  I don't need to constantly check my phone every hour just in case he was able to send a text.  I was too scared to phone him in the last couple of weeks and have his daughter or brother answer and have to start explaining who this crazy woman was in his life. 

Anyway I am sure there will be a lot of highs and lows to come but as always I will probably add my silly humour to it.  Thank you all for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts.  It really does mean a lot.  I have known for a long time that one day I was going to need this thread  and that was why I got a bit ranty on occasions when it went off track :) 

I feel a strange peace today after a proper nights sleep.  I know he is no longer in pain.  I don't need to constantly check my phone every hour just in case he was able to send a text.  I was too scared to phone him in the last couple of weeks and have his daughter or brother answer and have to start explaining who this crazy woman was in his life. 

Anyway I am sure there will be a lot of highs and lows to come but as always I will probably add my silly humour to it.  Thank you all for being here. ❤️ 

19 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

this is heartbreaking. my condolences and hugs!

tumblr_inline_paamf82Xg71rzifqz_500.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm feeling good today, though slightly introspective. My recent troubles with a certain person have made me look at my other squabbles with other forumites and realize how silly most of them were. I don't hate anyone, and though I might not agree with the opinions of some people, I don't even really dislike them. Some names are coming off my block list because even though we butted heads at some point, the truth is I still open their posts, read them, and usually enjoy and agree with them. 

I don't even hate the person who initiated this introspection. Oh, she's not coming off my block list, but I don't hate her. I feel sorry for her because there have to be things in her real life that are horrific to make her behave the way she does. 

@Cindy Evanier - You used this thread for what it was intended for, and I'm glad you did instead of not sharing with us. I just wish I could wrap you in a big squishy hug and hold on for as long as you need. We all have our troubles and some days one of us has troubles that far outweigh anything the rest of us are going through. This is your time to be in the middle of our fretting and fussing over because we want you to know you are supported and loved. So just hush and let us be here for you. Or don't hush. Let it all out if you need or want to. I understand how you're feeling today. That heavy sadness tinged with just a tiny bit of relief that his pain is over and the realization that you don't have to keep checking that phone - and probably a bit of guilt for that little sense of relief as well. Mourning is a process... all those stages of grief and they come in waves, and out of order, and never when you really expect them to hit, and it's different for everyone. We'll be here for whatever you need. 

So there! 

...great big hugs...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.