Beth Macbain

How are you feeling today?

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I haven't left the house for a week.  My cold refuses to let go but i think as the sun is shining I will dress up warm and venture into my happy place,  the garden, and see if fresh air helps. The nice delivery man from amazon carried my parcels out there for me which includes a propagator, seeds, rooting gel, and a growing table so I can sit and attempt to grow some of my own seeds and cuttings.  Its one of the things I can do for myself even on wheelchair days.  My gardening is a bit like my cooking... chuck it in and see how it turns out.  

I had a man come round yesterday measuring up for new windows and front door and was happy that the local business price was much lower than the big name businesses. There was no hard sell and he even talked me out of something I wanted because in his experience it was just a popular door handle that will be out of fashion in a couple of years and would just add £400 to the cost. For a door handle!!  Anyway, he gets the job for obvious reasons.  It was very refreshing dealing with him.  

Mood - more positive as we move into February.  Sorry for the waffling :) 

If what you said was waffling then I have to say it was enjoyable. :D  Gardening is a lovely balm for the soul, and I've had the same experience with local tradesmen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I hope no-one turns this into a political thread.

Me too, but that’s different than expressing grief and sorrow. I certainly don’t want to hear politics discussed.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, Eva Knoller said:

I have the flu. This is the first year in 10+ years that I did not get the flu shot. I kept putting it off and putting it off. My son did have his flu shot and was sick, but it was relatively mild and he’s back at school today. I, on the other hand, feel like death. Even my eyeball sockets and teeth are hurting. Luckily I got in soon enough for an antiviral.

Get your flu shot!!!

Other half got flu shot. Then proceeded to get the flu at work and give it to me. I was in bed all week.

• Sad 2

On 1/31/2020 at 7:26 PM, Saraya Starr said:

Ok, FFS, Maybe someone else has said this, but right now I just DGAF. This really is not the place to up your post count, cause that is how this looks to me.  This used to be a place where we could come and spill how we are feeling. Not this....  Ok, I will stop here because my mood lately has been crap.

Hi Saraya, first of all, I'm sorry if this triggered you or something (not sure exactly why?) I don't think it's wrong if I want to include an image to go along with the text, I mean, you can get it in two ways, 1 is that you look at it READ it and continue with your life, 2 is to get triggered by some guy's post because he's shirtless and that's 'Sexualized' (Because we live in a society 😂 lmao), you decide how to take it. If it makes you feel better drop all your negative thoughts and feel relieved, I won't stop you. 😌 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

Hi Saraya, first of all, I'm sorry if this triggered you or something (not sure exactly why?) I don't think it's wrong if I want to include an image to go along with the text, I mean, you can get it in two ways, 1 is that you look at it READ it and continue with your life, 2 is to get triggered by some guy's post because he's shirtless and that's 'Sexualized' (Because we live in a society 😂 lmao), you decide how to take it. If it makes you feel better drop all your negative thoughts and feel relieved, I won't stop you. 😌 

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the folks here would consider your picture to be inappropriate and in poor taste for what this thread is all about -- even if you had been fully clothed.

The fact that you think it is about you being shirtless, shows that you just don't get it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

A7AB0CC7-A451-4C66-A56B-391EEC710853.gif.276b39fc59a3ee9a63ac46949b554c35.gif

I stopped posting here because once I get the negative out, first by identifying, writing and finally by doing...I generally start to feel my mood lift, I start to feel better and want to post more cheery and upbeat posts. Which I feel awkward posting about here in the thread. I also took bikini photos this week in SL, first I’ve taken in a really long time. I went to an SL pool party and socialized and it felt really good. I guess I do feel like sharing that tidbit because I often will have to take action to make my mood lift and sometimes it’s done in SL. Hoping it helps someone else make a small step towards feeling better too, I guess? 

• Like 6

My morning started with this from the MP:

1.png.7c91c21fda6036e6ce43866cfedf9af3.png

and this from this very forum when I tried a reply:

2.png.0b35b4e77baaf0f55f1047ce7cded45f.png

so my answer is irritated.

• Sad 2

I got lot of good stuff done now before bed I feel ok \o/

Nothing to complain about.  I got air and food and water yap.

*cough*  almost got air, still working on it

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

House clean.

Bathed.

Expecting a man bearing home baked bread at my door within the hour.

Hopeful of a good day. 

But I look like Quasimodo, because overnight my right eye lid has all swollen up. #badtiming #atleas*****notmyperiod

t1ts

Edited by Marigold Devin
forum software and I didn't even say t1ts
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

I'm sorry if this triggered you or something

Using the word 'triggered' in a way that is both condescending and belittles the experiences of people suffering from conditions such as PTSD and CPTSD just makes your attempt at faux-reasonable innocence look insincere, manipulative and arrogant.

• Like 7

I sprang out of bed this morning, flew into the bathroom for a quick wash, regretted not removing makeup last night, threw on some clothes, and grabbed my keys ready to set off in good time for my morning appointment!

Then I realised it was Sunday, and felt like a complete plonk.

Might go back to bed..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

I sprang out of bed this morning, flew into the bathroom for a quick wash, regretted not removing makeup last night, threw on some clothes, and grabbed my keys ready to set off in good time for my morning appointment!

Then I realised it was Sunday, and felt like a complete plonk.

Might go back to bed..

ooo go back to bed clean and make-up free and then a slow leisurely wake up  will be lovely

• Like 4

I feel bit better but still mentally and physically exhausted and I getting there; just taking baby steps but that all i can do.  Now in other news; my mom is moving about bit more and her appetite has returned so she getting there with baby steps too. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the folks here would consider your picture to be inappropriate and in poor taste for what this thread is all about -- even if you had been fully clothed.

The fact that you think it is about you being shirtless, shows that you just don't get it.

I'm gonna take it down if it bothers y'all, but I still don't get why 🤷🏻‍♂️ and I gotta say sorry,  kinda thought it was PoETic the "Wondering what the future awaits" and the pose, as I've said before, I'm gonna take it down if it bothers you that much. 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, ManuelAngel2004 said:

Very good, Beth. Spending time on a room by the beach wondering what the future awaits... 🖤 

Picture gone. 😬 

I can't delete it 😂 so stop minding HAHAH

Edited by ManuelAngel2004
People was getting triggered and I don't want to cause missunderstanding 🤷🏻‍♂️

31 minutes ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

I can't delete it 😂 so stop minding HAHAH

You can only ever edit a post in the forum within the first 24 hours of posting.  You can always report your own post and explain that you'd like the picture removed.

• Like 2

I had a problem with receiving compliments,because for many years i  felt a lot of sarcasm in any compliment i got. Yesterday i was waiting for dental surgery and met momthers  friend(who is working as nurse).Sme smiled and asked how i am,i said i m good. And asked how she is too..anf then she said :mmm..you are so big,mmm.with a biig smile . And i felt like sure i am big compared to her  extremely slim daughter (and she will never get fat even if she will try ),lol,which i respect and she is also friendly with me, but thing that i have overweight doesnt make me an elephant . And this situation amde me feel broken , but the good moment is the surgery was good and i wasnt in pain .

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

So...first post in this thread but I have been following it since it was started and it has made me feel that I am not alone, but I have hesitated in sharing, mainly because I am a private person but I feel the need to open up. A few weeks ago, I started not feeling right (we all know that feeling) when something just feels off inside but you can't find out where it's coming from. So, I made an appointment and waited for the tests to come back. Friday they did. Seems I have an underactive thyroid, but I have also been dealing with some feminine problems that they still haven't figured out what the problem is, the problem is so debilitating that it has caused me to become more or less housebound. I'm 38 years old, led a very full and productive life and the whole thing has left me feeling hopeless. I am now in the process of selling my business because I can no longer maintain an active role in it. So, on a scale of 1 to 10 I feel like a negative 10 right now.

P.S. I almost didn't post this but I'm glad I did.

Edited by anniepany
added something
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

5 minutes ago, anniepany said:

So...first post in this thread but I have been following it since it was started and it has made me feel that I am not alone, but I have hesitated in sharing, mainly because I am a private person but I feel the need to open up. A few weeks ago, I started not feeling right (we all know that feeling) when something just feels off inside but you can't find out where it's coming from. So, I made an appointment and waited for the tests to come back. Friday they did. Seems I have an underactive thyroid, but I have also been dealing with some feminine problems that they still haven't figured out what the problem is, the problem is so debilitating that it has caused me to become more or less housebound. I'm 38 years old, led a very full and productive life and the whole thing has left me feeling hopeless. I am now in the process of selling my business because I can no longer maintain an active role in it. So, on a scale of 1 to 10 I feel like a negative 10 right now.

So sorry Annie. <hugs>

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

So sorry Annie. <hugs>

You have no idea how much that hug was needed Pamela. Thank you.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Using the word 'triggered' in a way that is both condescending and belittles the experiences of people suffering from conditions such as PTSD and CPTSD just makes your attempt at faux-reasonable innocence look insincere, manipulative and arrogant.

It's funny how a phrase with a simple picture can get to "this", to me being the bad guy because using the word 'triggered' is now bAd and not a meme anymore, smh... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ManuelAngel2004 said:

It's funny how a phrase with a simple picture can get to "this", to me being the bad guy because using the word 'triggered' is now bAd and not a meme anymore, smh... 

And no, I never wanted to make fun of an illness, I am a very empathic person, but this is just... Ridiculous! 

17 minutes ago, anniepany said:

warm hugs

883d44522bb4e2b85aeaca4ee3f5c7a3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, anniepany said:

I am glad you did too.  I am glad it helped a little for you to share.   Hugs from me too :) 

• Like 2