Jump to content

How are you feeling today?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy wor

My dad passed away today, in his sleep, at the hospice. I'm in that shock phase now, numb and unable to think.

So, quick update number 2...  My daughter is negative for covid-19!!! the super quarantine is lifted and we can go grocery shopping! Back to your regularly scheduled bickering.. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm feeling sick to the back teeth.

Of people calling for help then turning out to be sex maniacs, stalkers, or those who still think it's funny to orbit people with their poxy HUDs.

Of people spouting opinions about things they really don't understand, catching me in their net and then trying to weasel out of it - oh no they didn't mean me.  Shove it.

Of people IMing me persistently when I've said I'm busy - block coming up.

Of feeling ill.

Of being used.

Of generally every damned thing today.

 

6219e8cda0e8dcf928fb71b31294e6d1.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Panteleeva said:

 a couple of mins ago i was taking pic at the beach and dude started to talk in local and i responded frriendly.But when i realized he wasnt talking to me,lol

Been there, done that.

That's up there with accidentally clicking on someone's spanker.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You rambled no more than I did and you made me laugh. :)  I remember the dreaded Jobcentre from years ago.  Is it still decked out in a miserable blue?  *giggles at the hug because I'm shy like that*

I used to work in Minehead Jobcentre, quite a lot of years ago now. It had been refurbished and was all blues and purples, and they still had the jobs in card form on the noticeboards (which I had to check and replenish on a twice daily basis).  I loved that job, but it was only a six month contract, for the purpose of promoting something called "New Deal" back then, yet another scheme to try and get long-term unemployed people back into work, mainly the older ones.  I don't know how successful it was, because I moved on to the Alliance & Leicester next, and didn't go back to the Jobcentre until I returned to my home town, and about five years ago, what a change for the worse. Security guards, everything on computer screens, not a friendly and welcoming place at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eyeye Afterthought said:

Bouncers and primary colour chairs a shock to the system, been 20 and more years since I'd needed to go to the JC, used to be open plan and music playing, now got bouncers. Guess next time there'll be armed guards. 

"Bouncers" ! Weird - I was calling them security guards, but they did indeed look like bouncers from a night club with shiny bald heads and fat necks and walkie talkies.  I hope I don't have to go back to a Jobcentre ever again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BelindaN said:
50 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...serves Scylla a pizza.

Well done?....as in black rimmed???

As in this...

ETA: Fortunately, Scylla is Canadian and in no position to effect legislation that restricts my Constitutional right to adorn a pizza as I damn well please.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panteleeva said:

Some time ago my friend gave her ex bf another chance and everything was ok  .But then she got message from him :hello.my RL have some twists and i will not be here much.She thinks that this is end and now very upset.So this is what happend when person don t explain anything....(

Not saying this is the case here, but that is typical in SL to really mean:  I have found someone else to be with on an alt account, but still want to keep you on the side.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 7:21 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm with Garnet (and I'm sure many others) in hoping all is well with you and your neurologist has a benign explanation for today's experience.

Do let us know what you learn.

 

On 1/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Bitsy Buccaneer - how did your appointment go?

Thank you both for asking and remembering. It means a lot x

The neurologist wasn't concerned about yesterday's visual problems. She says it sounds like migraine. I looked it up when I got home, there's something called "silent migraine" which doesn't have the pain and it seems a reasonable enough fit.

(That was how far I managed to get yesterday. The whole day was very wearing and it's a struggle still to get sentences to fit together right. Apologies and thank you for caring x. Apologies too if I haven't acknowledged anyone, my brain is easily overwhelmed but did read as much as I could take in in the rest of the thread. I have an additional diagnosis, which I'm still learning about. If nothing else it will keep me under the remit of the neurology department and their specialists. Every single person I've interacted with in that department, from the receptionist to the nurses who do the tests to the neurologist herself is kind and warm and lovely. Oh, my visual blurriness looked nothing like your psychedelics. Why do other people get the good stuff :D  Going to trust this makes sense and go for another rest. Much love to everyone who needs some.)

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

 

Thank you both for asking and remembering. It means a lot x

The neurologist wasn't concerned about yesterday's visual problems. She says it sounds like migraine. I looked it up when I got home, there's something called "silent migraine" which doesn't have the pain and it seems a reasonable enough fit.

(That was how far I managed to get yesterday. The whole day was very wearing and it's a struggle still to get sentences to fit together right. Apologies and thank you for caring x. Apologies too if I haven't acknowledged anyone, my brain is easily overwhelmed but did read as much as I could take in in the rest of the thread. I have an additional diagnosis, which I'm still learning about. If nothing else it will keep me under the remit of the neurology department and their specialists. Every single person I've interacted with in that department, from the receptionist to the nurses who do the tests to the neurologist herself is kind and warm and lovely. Oh, my visual blurriness looked nothing like your psychedelics. Why do other people get the good stuff :D  Going to trust this makes sense and go for another rest. Much love to everyone who needs some.)

grouphug.gif.a7c76963df6eed36652063c2d4a1e1e2.gifhearts.gif.f4cf17f3283b47f63e408e2fb88ddca4.gif

Sometimes words just aren't good enough to convey what I think and feel.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I used to work in Minehead Jobcentre, quite a lot of years ago now. It had been refurbished and was all blues and purples, and they still had the jobs in card form on the noticeboards (which I had to check and replenish on a twice daily basis).  I loved that job, but it was only a six month contract, for the purpose of promoting something called "New Deal" back then, yet another scheme to try and get long-term unemployed people back into work, mainly the older ones.  I don't know how successful it was, because I moved on to the Alliance & Leicester next, and didn't go back to the Jobcentre until I returned to my home town, and about five years ago, what a change for the worse. Security guards, everything on computer screens, not a friendly and welcoming place at all.

 

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Bouncers" ! Weird - I was calling them security guards, but they did indeed look like bouncers from a night club with shiny bald heads and fat necks and walkie talkies.  I hope I don't have to go back to a Jobcentre ever again. 

That pretty much how it is at mine :( in Lincoln,  I just glad I have voluntary job I do twice a week to help me stop dwelling and have my blog and colouring in as creative outlets for when want to be creative. Today is okay day, I'm feeling kinda like I'm here and not here at same times; I have days where I feel like that and have had days like since I was 12 but now 35 so yeah. :/ 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's up there with accidentally clicking on someone's spanker.

What's all this accidental nonsense? Scylla?

Edited by LexxiXhan
J'accuse!
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for the positives since Christmas as it has already been a rollercoaster month

Liverpool are World Champions and top of the Premier League by an insane amount of points, breaking all records as we go.

I looked out my window yesterday to see lots of green shoots starting to poke through in a new area of the garden I worked on last year filled with a mix of black and white tulip bulbs.  My garden has become my place of calm in the last couple of years as I have invested a lot of time and money turning it back from  a kids paradise of climbing frames, swings, goal posts and sandpits into mine (and a collection of wildlife)  I can't wait for warmer weather so I can get back out there and do more.

I have lost the 7lbs weight I put on during December and over Christmas already \o/

120 days until my holiday in Spain at the end of May

My new car should be delivered in the next few weeks 

That's all my concentrating on the positives for today.   Hugs to all those still in need of them.  I got plenty to spare ♥

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad it is Friday.  This first week back to work has been grueling.  I am still itchy but taking the steroids and the Benadryl is helping.  In addition to that my hip pain has flared up because I tried to carry too much stuff in one trip to the office. And I think I might have been exposed to more flu/cold germs and my throat is ticklish, but that might be a side effect of the Benadryl. I'm tackling my to do list which has grown enormous since I am getting ready to make some big life changes. 

Oh just ignore that crossed out stuff, it's all just trivial complaints. I don't want to over indulge in the wallowing in minutia; that's not who I am.  Life is tolerable, considering the alternatives. image.png.6262dba246efd52f458959129421a080.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am feeling colourless and like I want to scream at the frustrations of this particular week. And I cannot sleep again and don't want to take a Zopiclone. The act of being upbeat for others takes its toll from time to time. 

thumbnail.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As I finish up clearing my desk, I'm reminded of the scene in High Anxiety where Mel Brooks is standing at the top of a very tall, wide open, stair case and cringes with vertigo then calls out, "Does anyone have any valium?"  and everyone in the building reaches for theirs to offer him some....

image.png.f487fe001b78407ff901a03feac4ed3c.png

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...