Jump to content

How are you feeling today?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I had good day despite having go to Jobcentre/Unemployment Office today; had little squee because met (indirectly) @Garnet Psaltery; had brief chat and yes I did squee like fangirl!  Thank for putting up with my rambling Garnet; you are just as down to earth in world as you are in your posts on here! *squeezes in soft hug* :) 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy wor

My dad passed away today, in his sleep, at the hospice. I'm in that shock phase now, numb and unable to think.

So, quick update number 2...  My daughter is negative for covid-19!!! the super quarantine is lifted and we can go grocery shopping! Back to your regularly scheduled bickering.. 

Posted Images

I have had one of those 48 hour periods (in real life) that are like a roller coaster. 

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME 

everything sucks

GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING

bad people get in the way

I FEEL HAPPY RIGHT NOW

someone has to trip me

I'm exhausted.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

I had good day despite having go to Jobcentre/Unemployment Office today; had little squee because met (indirectly) @Garnet Psaltery; had brief chat and yes I did squee like fangirl!  Thank for putting up with my rambling Garnet; you are just as down to earth in world as you are in your posts on here! *squeezes in soft hug* :) 

You rambled no more than I did and you made me laugh. :)  I remember the dreaded Jobcentre from years ago.  Is it still decked out in a miserable blue?  *giggles at the hug because I'm shy like that*

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

You rambled no more than I did and you made me laugh. :)  I remember the dreaded Jobcentre from years ago.  Is it still decked out in a miserable blue?  *giggles at the hug because I'm shy like that*

It various colours, I'm like :/ and I live out in sticks in small village which is 25 miles south of place where jobcentre is situated and some staff just come out with some stupid advice at times. I'm glad I made you laugh though! :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm tired, so very tired.  I don't sleep well at the best of times.  The last 3 nights I have woke up about every 1-2 hours all freakin night.  Yet at the same time, I feel wide-awake come evening time when I'm supposed to be going to bed, and thus have a hard time falling asleep. 

You're not alone. I've had that problem for a couple of decades now. The hot flashes that should have stopped years ago but didn't because surgery at age 25 don't help. Thankfully, I managed to convince my new doc to keep the therapy going for at least the next year as I gradually attempt to wean myself, again. Unfortunately, I also already know what will happen before the end of the year is up. They'll be back. They always come back. Just as severe as always.

There is only one thing that does the trick as far as sleep goes (and anxiety). It's legal in my state but it's not for everyone. If you can get the medical where you live, you may want to consider giving it a try. Go for the high CBD, low THC content to start. For newbies, I'd recommend a few puffs 15-30 minutes before going to bed for a night or two and see how it goes. Content (CBD, THC) will vary with each strain but the individual strains are consistent. You just have to try the different ones to see which works best for you. For anxiety a few puffs in the am works best for me. It stops the attacks cold when I have one and prevents them from happening for me when I can be consistent. It even helps with the "winter time blues".

Of course, YMMV.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mahala Roviana said:

Cold. Just cold. I know people get annoyed when folks complain about the cold in the winter and being too hot in the summer, but it was in the 60's last week and in the teens yesterday.  I'd like to speak to a manager.

We're sorry, but the number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again. This is a recording.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

After watching tv last night, I went to bed shaking.

Watching this morning, I feel there is still hope. Patriots are not going away.

At first I thought you meant the impeachment proceedings. Then I remembered something about the team being sold/disbanded/moved mentioned somewhere.

The only thing I have against the Patriots is the troll on the old Skiffy board that called himself Jedigate. He was a staunch Patriots fanatic. And of course, I will always love my Aints. They finally made my dream come true. They finally won a Super Bowl! \o/ 

And I don't even keep up with sports anymore. lol

https://www.newburyportnews.com/news/local_news/sorry-america-patriots-aren-t-going-away-any-time-soon/article_f8f01ec6-6b59-5158-908d-f2b428bb507f.html

Edited by Selene Gregoire
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're not alone. I've had that problem for a couple of decades now. The hot flashes that should have stopped years ago but didn't because surgery at age 25 don't help. Thankfully, I managed to convince my new doc to keep the therapy going for at least the next year as I gradually attempt to wean myself, again. Unfortunately, I also already know what will happen before the end of the year is up. They'll be back. They always come back. Just as severe as always.

There is only one thing that does the trick as far as sleep goes (and anxiety). It's legal in my state but it's not for everyone. If you can get the medical where you live, you may want to consider giving it a try. Go for the high CBD, low THC content to start. For newbies, I'd recommend a few puffs 15-30 minutes before going to bed for a night or two and see how it goes. Content (CBD, THC) will vary with each strain but the individual strains are consistent. You just have to try the different ones to see which works best for you. For anxiety a few puffs in the am works best for me. It stops the attacks cold when I have one and prevents them from happening for me when I can be consistent. It even helps with the "winter time blues".

Of course, YMMV.

The night sweats and horrid sleeping have been going on for over a decade now, though most nights I can still get a 3-hr stretch before waking and can usually get back to sleep pretty quick  Some nights, not so much.  A few months back, I started taking over the counter sleeping pills on the weekend, but then I realized that those were actually making weeknight sleeping worse -- maybe my body and mind get used to the 2 nights with sleeping pills and don't want to sleep the rest of the week without them.   While I went through normal menopause, my mom is roughly 75, had a full hysterectomy when I was a teenager, and she still has night sweats.   I'm not sure there is any help for me on that front.  

I do live in Colorado, so pot is fully legal here - and it might actually help, considering the reason I stopped smoking pot as a teenager was because I didn't feel like shelling out cash for something that was just going to put me right to sleep.  I'll ponder that a bit.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The night sweats and horrid sleeping have been going on for over a decade now, though some nights I can still get a 3-hr stretch before waking.  A few months back, I started taking over the counter sleeping pills on the weekend, but then I realized that those were actually making weeknight sleeping worse -- maybe my body and mind get used to the 2 nights with sleeping pills and don't want to sleep the rest of the week without them.   While I went through normal menopause, my mom is roughly 75, had a full hysterectomy when I was a teenager, and she still has night sweats.   I'm not sure there is any help for me on that front.  

I do live in Colorado, so pot is fully legal here - and it might actually help, considering the reason I stopped smoking pot as a teenager was because I didn't feel like shelling out cash for something that was just going to put me right to sleep.  I'll ponder that a bit.

You might want to talk to your GP about therapy for the hot flashes/night sweats. Get them stopped then reduce the dosage over time until you no longer need them. Hopefully you have better luck with it than I do. My mom was lucky. She never had hot flashes even though she had a full hyster when she was in her 40s. After her last child (which I just found out my sister died when she was 2, not 5 as I had always thought) she didn't want to go through losing yet another child ever again.

Here's some info on the therapy: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menopause/in-depth/hormone-therapy/art-20046372

And some on the good stuff: https://www.medicaljane.com/category/cannabis-classroom/#safety-and-efficacy

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

At first I thought you meant the impeachment proceedings. Then I remembered something about the team being sold/disbanded/moved mentioned somewhere.

The only thing I have against the Patriots is the troll on the old Skiffy board that called himself Jedigate. He was a staunch Patriots fanatic. And of course, I will always love my Aints. They finally made my dream come true. They finally won a Super Bowl! \o/ 

And I don't even keep up with sports anymore. lol

https://www.newburyportnews.com/news/local_news/sorry-america-patriots-aren-t-going-away-any-time-soon/article_f8f01ec6-6b59-5158-908d-f2b428bb507f.html

Your first guess was right.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There is only one thing that does the trick as far as sleep goes (and anxiety). It's legal in my state b

Same here except not legal here.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 6:37 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I started out the day with about a half hour of increasingly blurred vision, which then receded, and a period where my right hand wasn't quite right, headache for half the day too. Things seem ok since, no idea what it was. Fortunately I have an appointment with the neurologist anyway tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to ask a professional.

Took last month off from the forums because I didn't have spare emotional energy for the few who try to pick fights, so I'm late reading this thread. Much sympathy for all who are struggling with grief in whatever way. If any of you listen to podcasts, Cariad Lloyd's Griefcast can be very helpful. She's a comedian and talks with other comedians about their experiences with grief. The early episodes especially look at some of the strange but common experiences in living with loss.

Love to all of you, in whatever form of expression you prefer x

About blurred vision....I'm a lifelong migraine sufferer. I get lots of persistent one sided headaches and always have, from being a kid.

Anyway, very occasionally I get a visual disturbance..... Scintillating Scotoma....look it up! Basically it looks like the eye of Horus, slowly appearing in both eyes, and expanding until it disappears around the edges. Best viewed against blue sky, but it really messes up my computer screen. It looks like a chain of pulsating crisscrosses. Thankfully it's rare.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You rambled no more than I did and you made me laugh. :)  I remember the dreaded Jobcentre from years ago.  Is it still decked out in a miserable blue?  *giggles at the hug because I'm shy like that*

Bouncers and primary colour chairs a shock to the system, been 20 and more years since I'd needed to go to the JC, used to be open plan and music playing, now got bouncers. Guess next time there'll be armed guards. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BelindaN said:
On 1/21/2020 at 12:37 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I started out the day with about a half hour of increasingly blurred vision, which then receded, and a period where my right hand wasn't quite right, headache for half the day too. Things seem ok since, no idea what it was. Fortunately I have an appointment with the neurologist anyway tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to ask a professional.

Took last month off from the forums because I didn't have spare emotional energy for the few who try to pick fights, so I'm late reading this thread. Much sympathy for all who are struggling with grief in whatever way. If any of you listen to podcasts, Cariad Lloyd's Griefcast can be very helpful. She's a comedian and talks with other comedians about their experiences with grief. The early episodes especially look at some of the strange but common experiences in living with loss.

Love to all of you, in whatever form of expression you prefer x

About blurred vision....I'm a lifelong migraine sufferer. I get lots of persistent one sided headaches and always have, from being a kid.

Anyway, very occasionally I get a visual disturbance..... Scintillating Scotoma....look it up! Basically it looks like the eye of Horus, slowly appearing in both eyes, and expanding until it disappears around the edges. Best viewed against blue sky, but it really messes up my computer screen. It looks like a chain of pulsating crisscrosses. Thankfully it's rare.

I hope we hear from Bitsy soon, I want to know what's up!

When I was in engineering school and burning the candle at both ends, I'd have episodes of partial blindness in both eyes (though highly asymmetric), lasting 1-5 minutes and looking like static on an old B&W TV.

Last year, I had a fantastic episode of color sparkles, mostly in my left eye, looking a bit like this...

image.png.e5c80d2a21ef973a9bf6c7089d57bcaf.png

From the research I've done and the conversations I've had with my doc, it appears these were migrane auras. They're rare (only one in the last 30 years), painless, and very interesting.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I hope we hear from Bitsy soon, I want to know what's up!

When I was in engineering school and burning the candle at both ends, I'd have episodes of partial blindness in both eyes (though highly asymmetric), lasting 1-5 minutes and looking like static on an old B&W TV.

Last year, I had a fantastic episode of color sparkles, mostly in my left eye, looking a bit like this...

image.png.e5c80d2a21ef973a9bf6c7089d57bcaf.png

From the research I've done and the conversations I've had with my doc, it appears these were migrane auras. They're rare (only one in the last 30 years), painless, and very interesting.

^^^^that's a technicolor scintillating scotoma. Mine are monochrome, translucent and have a similar arc below, but you get the picture. They are truly interesting and mine never appear with a headache, always out of the blue.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BelindaN said:

^^^^that's a technicolor scintillating scotoma. Mine are monochrome, translucent and have a similar arc below, but you get the picture. They are truly interesting and mine never appear with a headache, always out of the blue.

A bright blue sky is a great place to find flaws in your optical system. Whether it's floaters, lens defects or other issues, a bright, evenly illuminated field of view, absent any detail, will cause defects to stand out. When walking through the woods, my eyes seem marvels of optical engineering. Upon exiting and gazing up at a cloudless sky, it becomes clear they're junked up and desperately in need of overhaul.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

A bright blue sky is a great place to find flaws in your optical system. Whether it's floaters, lens defects or other issues, a bright, evenly illuminated field of view, absent any detail, will cause defects to stand out. When walking through the woods, my eyes seem marvels of optical engineering. Upon exiting and gazing up at a cloudless sky, it becomes clear they're junked up and desperately in need of overhaul.

I used to stand on the playing field at school watching my floaters, when I should have been playing hockey. I have strings of blurry frog spawn, seemingly tethered at one end, but I also have a few perfect circles with a dot in the centre, which are in sharp focus.

I never liked sport.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I hope we hear from Bitsy soon, I want to know what's up!

Agreed. I'd like to know that Beth is hanging in there too.

I've never had a migraine. Actually, I rarely get headaches of any kind, so yay! The light show is sort of interesting, though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some time ago my friend gave her ex bf another chance and everything was ok  .But then she got message from him :hello.my RL have some twists and i will not be here much.She thinks that this is end and now very upset.So this is what happend when person don t explain anything....(

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling sick to the back teeth.

Of people calling for help then turning out to be sex maniacs, stalkers, or those who still think it's funny to orbit people with their poxy HUDs.

Of people spouting opinions about things they really don't understand, catching me in their net and then trying to weasel out of it - oh no they didn't mean me.  Shove it.

Of people IMing me persistently when I've said I'm busy - block coming up.

Of feeling ill.

Of being used.

Of generally every damned thing today.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...