How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Foggy morning, snuggly kitty, a few decadent chocolate truffles...pretty good! I’m still sleepy and it’s cold despite the cloud cover but the winter birds are very chirpy and the air is fresh. I need to confirm my voter registration being all in order, the city changed some house numbering on some streets in our area, so our ‘on paper’ address has changed. 

• Like 4

See, I knew things were going way too well and something had to change.

Over the weekend, my oldest brother had a breakdown and is now locked up in a psychiatric facility where we are having a nightmare of a time trying to get information, access, or to get him released to another facility of our choosing. 

It's really very scary, especially when you start looking for information on how to go about these things and read all the horror stories of people being locked in this places for years and unable to get themselves out. 

• Sad 9

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sorry to hear this, @Beth Macbain. My only advice is to try to stay calm, if you can, so the people you talk to have no cause to think you anything other than responsible relatives.  They should be willing to help.

I'm waiting on word from my sister in law before I make any calls or do anything. He has a strong supportive family, and they're mostly dealing with it (he, and they, are in Chicago, but I'm in Kentucky so I'm not close by), but I am really, really good at making those nice and calm, but very exacting, phone calls that use just enough of the right words to get them to start working with us. 

I wasn't quite calm over the weekend when it was all going down and no one knew where he was, only that he'd sent his wife a suicide note, but I'm calm now. I know he's in a safe place even if it's not the safe place we want him to be in. 🙂

• Like 8

Feeling miserable in general lately. I don't want to talk to anyone and when I do I burst into tears or fly off into a rage for no reason at all. At least building here in SL is kind of therapeutic.

So if you're on my FL and feeling ignored, I'm sorry. Please bear with me.

Menopause sucks. Just saying. 😖

• Sad 12

9 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Feeling miserable in general lately. I don't want to talk to anyone and when I do I burst into tears or fly off into a rage for no reason at all. At least building here in SL is kind of therapeutic.

Stock piles chocolate round you with lots of hugs when you feel ready to take them! :)   

I'm good at least this weekend I'm not in pain like I was last weekend so far so good; touch wood.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Feeling like the groups in Belli are filled with snobs.  Some are very nice indeed. But honestly sick of the snobbish attitudes from some.

Left the main group because sick of the snobbery.  Perhaps I am oversensitive but you asked how I am feeling. so.

This would be the main reason that I have chat turned off for most groups or pay it little attention if it is enabled.  Notices from groups are pretty much the only thing I care about.  The Bellisseria group is no exception - I'm in the group for event notices and the often updated lists of Bellisseria Places of Interest, Resident Add-ons, and Rez Zones.

• Like 8

I'm sick - got a cold with high fever, paired with lumbago (I moved some furniture), and the tip of the brown iceberg is the cold sore outbreak. I've never felt so drowsy and exhausted, can't sleep, I'm either freezing to the bone or feel like burning. I just wanna whine a little - not doing much currently, except blankly staring at the screen and watch videos, everything else is too complicated right now.

• Sad 11

6 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I'm sick - got a cold with high fever, paired with lumbago (I moved some furniture), and the tip of the brown iceberg is the cold sore outbreak. I've never felt so drowsy and exhausted, can't sleep, I'm either freezing to the bone or feel like burning. I just wanna whine a little - not doing much currently, except blankly staring at the screen and watch videos, everything else is too complicated right now.

hope you feel better

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

How old are you? I am waiting for it myself.. there was a time when I was having hot flashes... but it turned out, I lived in Florida. Mom and sister gma and aunt all had hysterectomy early on so I have nothing to go by... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

How old are you? I am waiting for it myself.. there was a time when I was having hot flashes... but it turned out, I lived in Florida. Mom and sister gma and aunt all had hysterectomy early on so I have nothing to go by... 

I'm a few weeks off turning 44. I was told that our mother's are a good indication of when we're likely to get it, but given my mother had Menopause in her mid-50's it seems to have hit me early. To be fair I've endured Menorrhagia most of my life and was diagnosed with Perimenopause several years ago so I'm not sure if any of that plays a part. I thought I had more time. Apparently not. Doctor also told me it can hit anytime after the age of 21.

• Like 4

Dazed and confused, which to be fair, is kind of my default setting. So "more" dazed and confused, I guess. This has been a very interesting week in SL, mainly because of a non-New Years' resolution I made that involves forcing my extremely introverted and wary pixels out into the virtual world to meet and talk with people. :::gasps in horror::: Plus, I may have a bit of RL good news, which never happens. To offset that I've been in a lot of physical pain, because, ya know, can't have a week where nothing bad happens. I think the last week was a net plus, however, and that's just really weird for me, hence the dazeder and confuseder state of being.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I was very ill because of the menopause, and I am glad to say I have come out of the other end of it much brighter and fitter, so take heart - gives you a hug - in spite of TV shows in the UK like 'Loose Women' constantly attempting to highlight women's issues, menopause is the most taboo of all. My mother sailed through hers (she sailed through childbirth too, could not understand why women were always shrieking on TV while having babies). 

I sailed through my menopause, but the water was choppy and shark-infested. I fell out with just about everyone because of my extreme rages and mood swings that no one could ever understand. I didn't understand them.

After ten years in total of peri- and menopause, mostly I feel OK now, but still have sudden hot flashes.  I do not have - as Loose Woman Jenny Eclair says on adverts for a certain feminine product (I would call it fanny lube) - "a bothersome v*g*n*" (thank goodness, because I have just taken up with my first proper boyfriend from when I was 15 and he was 16 and that is all going amazingly well, without going into specific detail here), but I have to reassemble myself regularly throughout the day by using eye drops, skin moisturiser, and dealing with dry gums (that to me is the worst of all of it). That and the constant need to epilate the beard and moustache growth! 

Edited by Marigold Devin
sleep typing does me no favours
  • Like 5

On 12/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, kali Wylder said:

Thud. Just talked with my sister.  My dad is dying. They can't decide whether or not to put him back in the hospital or to start hospice.

That's hard on you all. From my own experience with my mother, I really would say hospice. The atmosphere and care is far better, surprisingly not gloomy in a hospice, not as clinical, far more comfortable and comforting. There is no avoiding the inevitability. It is never pleasant to lose a parent in any circumstances. My love and best wishes go to you and your sister and your dad. 

• Like 4

Well, I should have known better than to post that overall my last week was a net-plus. The Universe would not let that stand. For the first time ever, I think I'm in the process of being ghosted. It is a total wtf experience, that true to definition, came out of the blue. So I'm sitting in a floaty in my back "yard" at the LL marina, brooding and drinking in RL. There's a good reason I hate people... this is exhibit 4,673,412

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

For the first time ever, I think I'm in the process of being ghosted.

Someone who would do that isn’t someone you want to be involved with anyway. He clearly realized he is no where near good enough for you and slunk away before you could send him!

I’m still in some funky headspace but I finally assembled the stationary bike I bought myself for Christmas and spent about an hour and a half on it today, so that feels pretty good. I’m still trying to figure out where I’m supposed to put my ashtray and wine glass, though . 😝

My brother is being released from the psychiatric hospital tomorrow. I’m not sure if I’m happy or scared about that.

Why’s life gotta be so damn hard?!

• Like 9

I'm doing lovely.

Complete application for fiance visa, web site says 2-4 months.

Call to correct a typo (apparently some government schlub coulnd't read my writing) and find out, no, it's 5-7 MORE months.

And the wedding is 105 days away.

Thank you federal government.  Since it has to do with immigration, Trump is clearly to blame!

And of course I got to spend the night flying - in coach with the plebians - so no alcohol!

All in all, today really sucked.

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Well, I should have known better than to post that overall my last week was a net-plus. The Universe would not let that stand. For the first time ever, I think I'm in the process of being ghosted. It is a total wtf experience, that true to definition, came out of the blue. So I'm sitting in a floaty in my back "yard" at the LL marina, brooding and drinking in RL. There's a good reason I hate people... this is exhibit 4,673,412

Want to go sailing again?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.