How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Wishing you whatever you need to get you through. Love and light x

I think I'm slowly turning corner but time will tell as this thing is highly painful and I rather not say what I have in case some find TMI! :D Otherwise I'm fine, did a picture from my new colouring book I got for Christmas and do another tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2019 at 1:53 AM, LexxiXhan said:

This will be my first xmas with my kids since turning our family arrangements upside down and inside out, and I want my barely-a-home to be a wonderful loving space for our own little family unit.

I'm just relieved, grateful and exhausted! The day has gone better than I dared hope for, and the girls have been awesome. I love cooking for them, well, cooking in general, and managed to pull off a lovely dinner despite my terrible, ancient, electric oven and hob. The energy and concentration of keeping everything and myself together has wiped me out, so I'm going to go for an evening nap and hope I don't just sleep straight through until morning..

And I even had some sweet, unexpected gifts from my daughters (aged 8 and 10):

270286991_Stones480.thumb.png.47261870e48d039094d5a5f78bca14b2.png

• Like 7

Last night was good for me.  After I finished most of my "getting ready for Xmas" cooking and cleaning and wrapping presents, I went in world, and felt very loved. 

Had a very good night with close friends and my sweetie, dancing, talking and listening to good music. Before the night was over I wound up telling them about my dad and their love poured out and washed over me like a healing balm.  Much as the love has poured out in this wonderful thread. 

I am feeling OK today. Spent the morning with my daughter, opening gifts and sharing chocolate. Then watched her hook up her best present to the TV and play a game.  She was happy, which made me happy. Still to come will be the heart breaking call with my dad which I feel strong enough to handle. Love to all of you!

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Anyway, we all made it to Christmas day! For me, the celebration will start at midnight when it's officially Boxing Day and no longer Christmas. It always feels like some sort of weight is lifted off my shoulders then, and I can really enjoy being off work the next few days.

Hugs to everyone who has stuck this month out with me! 

I’m also looking forward to the holiday season being over, for some of us it (traditionally) lingers until 6Jan. Plenty of time to mull over some more resolutions and drink some wine. 🍾🥂I started sorting my SL inventory and THAT is def better with a glass of wine! 🍷 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’m also looking forward to the holiday season being over, for some of us it (traditionally) lingers until 6Jan. Plenty of time to mull over some more resolutions and drink some wine. 🍾🥂I started sorting my SL inventory and THAT is def better with a glass of wine! 🍷 

If it is anything like my inventory, it's going to take quite a few BOTTLES.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well on reflection as I sit here on Boxing Day morning at 6 am  (that raspberry and prosseco pavlova was gorgeous when I ate it but the indigestion at 4 am was a different matter)  it was a good day mostly.  I had 2 falls, one of which was quite epic.  Why do people think moving a chair for someone who has balance issues is a good idea?  I know what I am doing just let me do it in my own time :/ 

The day started off well with a text from Ki who is away for the week. The food was good even if I over estimated the size of the turkey and trimmings needed and too many dessert choices. (son will have plenty of leftovers to to take back to uni) Everyone seemed to get an amazon Alexa which ended up quite hilarious to the point of tears when my sister didn't get the point you have to start with the word Alexa not just drop it into the question anywhere. 😂

Everyone stayed longer than I wanted as a game of Christmas true or false went on and on a bit too long.  My party bags instead of crackers at the table went down well.  Today will be a quiet PJ day, I hope, before a bit more madness towards the weekend because for some reason God decided giving me my youngest child at Christmas was a good idea one year.  I have always made a point of not allowing people to cover his birthday and Christmas into one event so we will be doing stuff for that.  Then of course is New Year's Eve which I usually get a pass on because I won't leave the dog alone when the fireworks are happening.  

I don't feel like I survived Christmas Day,  I actually enjoyed it.   I hope everyone else here in our mini support group enjoyed it too in whatever way you wanted to "celebrate". 

(I wish there was a spell checker on these forums because morning eyes usually involve me coming to back and edit again later)

• Like 6

Happy Linden Home 2me. That is a good holiday prez ie to myself.  I was lazing about like an insomniac lazeabout in bed and refreshed the page on my iPad in idle curiosity and bingo - Bellisseria Victorian. 🏠 Nearly 1 am so I’ll go see it When I wake later, lol. 

• Like 6

One of the kitchen taps started dripping fast on Christmas Eve, which actually scared me. I haven't felt fear like that for a long time.  I know it's just a tap but I realised I didn't know where the stopcock was in case things got really bad, and the helplessness got to me.  So Christmas Eve was spent feeling nauseous fear.  I'd calmed down by Christmas Day, with just a touch of unease, and had a nice, quiet time.  Today I feel exhausted, but the tap is no worse, and I've got a grip.  This experience led to me thinking perhaps I should consider moving nearer to my first husband again as preparation in case we rejoin for the sake of mutual support and company, but I do wonder if that isn't a bad reason to do so.  I'm sorry for the ramble but I'm in the middle of some very confusing self-examination.  I hope you've all had some pleasure and fun. :)

• Like 9

@Garnet Psaltery That is an interesting self examination but a leaking faucet is just that a faucet with a defective seal. For that you go to a hardware store or ask someone to help. 

Now in terms of mutual support. I believe we all need it. Need it more and more as we grow older. it’s also not unusual for ex’s to become mature and adult enough to help each other but that also doesn’t mean you cannot find other meaningful companionship. 
It was a pleasure to read and fun. I hope you don’t mind my thoughts either. It’s good to ramble once in a while. It helps us get our thoughts straight. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Marut72 said:

@Garnet Psaltery That is an interesting self examination but a leaking faucet is just that a faucet with a defective seal. For that you go to a hardware store or ask someone to help. 

I must just clarify the situation.  It is difficult for me to travel at the best of times, let alone on Christmas Eve.  Also there is no-one to help me, and who can afford to pay a repairman's fee at such a time, assuming one can be found?  I say this to relieve you of the impression that I am not helping myself.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I must just clarify the situation.  It is difficult for me to travel at the best of times, let alone on Christmas Eve.  Also there is no-one to help me, and who can afford to pay a repairman's fee at such a time, assuming one can be found?  I say this to relieve you of the impression that I am not helping myself.

I intended nothing negative by it. I know I get all kinds of things all jumbled up in my mind so I though my I would separate things. I’m not really sure why now (laugh). I guess I was just stuck by the ex husband comment, but there was nothing negative about any of what I tried to say. I hope you didn’t read it like that. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

My dad signed up for hospice today. 

I’m so sorry. I know how you feel right now... and it sucks something terrible. The hospice people are amazing. Use them. Even if you’re not located close to where he is, call your local hospice. They are angels and can help so, so much. Make a list of questions. Use their resources. I don’t know if I’d have survived the deaths of both my parents and my brother without their compassionate guidance. 

❤️hugs❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2019 at 6:01 PM, Beth Macbain said:

Pain? Why fore?

The doctor believes it may be gallstones, I'll have to go back and have an ultrasound after the holidays.

• Sad 4

Today i was at Hardware store to buy chandelier for my kitchen, i choose  from demo-wall silver one with little snoflakes paint on it,asked shop assistant to give me box version and asked to check if 60 watts light bulbs will fit. And i had some feeling that he wasnt really happy to help me,  and looked at me like i have some poop on m face. 

Another thing that i want to leave in 2019.....Date apps....I gave myself strong promise that i will never sign up there again.After some short experience with guy from spring ,who  talked about his relationships like:she ucked my brain,tried to scare me and then left me for a better dude. Later in summer we stopped talking, because he was the one who ucks brain and asks same questions again and again. Then we started over , we was at coffee date, talked about random things and i kinda believed he tries to be better...BUT THEN he says:you know i already have woman for relationships.It was loudest LOL i ever said.Walked away as fast as i can.3 months later he wrote me sms where he said:we broke up,because i think we are too different and she became arrogant. I think this guy don t realize  absurd of this behaviour and in both cases i m sure thewe girls didnt done anything  close to what he said.After all that 1 week ago i signed up to see whats new and saw my 2 exes from long time ago and THIS GUY from spring,he wants serious relationships again.brrrrrrr.If you have giant facepalmn after reading this,i m sorry.I needed to talk about it.ugh

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm feeling like a big, goofy SL cliche. For reasons. But for the first time in eons, I've actually been smiling. It's a total wtf? but I'll take it. That and the good sleep that has been going with it. 

I've been dancing. Like RL dancing. For two days. 

Right now I'm working my way through a Spotify playlist called Rock Anthems of the 90s. Earlier it was the 80s. Last night, the 70s. 

The pressure of Christmas is OVER. It's OVER!!!

So... dancing! And making a huge pot roast, and dancing while doing it. 

Feels good.

2015-11-07-1446871541-5950808-taylorswiftshakeitoff-thumb.gif.3cedf771e3850f4431b3e7b556270b6c.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've been dancing. Like RL dancing. For two days. 

Feels good.

2015-11-07-1446871541-5950808-taylorswiftshakeitoff-thumb.gif.3cedf771e3850f4431b3e7b556270b6c.gif

I'm more like awkward TayTay 

taytay awkwar.gif

A few years ago in mysecondlife I did a series of photoshoots doing the major scenes in Shake It Off. Here's one https://my.secondlife.com/seicher.rae/snapshots/57535b80b713f71bdd000001   from 2:23 minutes into the video :D

image.png.a69409ade13d19078a51598df0e7dfa0.png

image.png.ece0701f56f2465d977dd4224f6f1078.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.