Jump to content

How are you feeling today?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

No one commented that there are now sarcastic laughs in replies to several true feelings posts in this thread.

There is more than one alt posting.

It is true that all good things must come to an end, but it is sad to see it happen in real time.

 

Edited by NicholasLesgret
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NicholasLesgret said:

No one commented that there are now sarcastic laughs in replies to several true feelings posts in this thread.

There is more than one alt posting.

It is true that all good things must come to an end, but it is sad to see it happen in real time.

 

And how does one tell for sure whether another person meant a laugh to be "sarcastic"? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NicholasLesgret said:

No one commented that there are now sarcastic laughs in replies to several true feelings posts in this thread.

There is more than one alt posting.

It is true that all good things must come to an end, but it is sad to see it happen in real time.

 

Who are you to judge wither a laugh emoji is sarcastic or not? And to what point?  Or should I be asking who's sock puppet you are. Do you want to stir up more bad feelings?  Go find another thread.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

And how does one tell for sure whether another person meant a laugh to be "sarcastic"? 

If someone is posting that they feel sad or hurt and only one person out of several replies with an out of place laugh then "sarcastic" is a good bet. If you look at who is posting the laughs that is another indicator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NicholasLesgret said:

No one commented that there are now sarcastic laughs in replies to several true feelings posts in this thread.

There is more than one alt posting.

It is true that all good things must come to an end, but it is sad to see it happen in real time.

 

 

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

And how does one tell for sure whether another person meant a laugh to be "sarcastic"? 

 

Typically, I find it hard to determine, but sometimes the content of the post that was laughed at gives it away. There are some things that are just really hard to find anything funny about - IMO, anyway.

Skimming over the last few pages, I found two laugh reactions that I could not interpret as anything except scorn.  And given who gave the laugh and who received it, I'm pretty sure that scorn is the correct interpretation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

Typically, I find it hard to determine, but sometimes the content of the post that was laughed at gives it away. There are some things that are just really hard to find anything funny about - IMO, anyway.

Skimming over the last few pages, I found two laugh reactions that I could not interpret as anything except scorn.  And given who gave the laugh and who received it, I'm pretty sure that scorn is the correct interpretation.

Ah, I'm busy in world and haven't bothered to re-read the thread, so my question was more generic in nature. I often see people fling accusations about what they are SURE another poster meant by the reaction used, and am always curious to know how exactly they determine what is inside another person's head.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

Typically, I find it hard to determine, but sometimes the content of the post that was laughed at gives it away. There are some things that are just really hard to find anything funny about - IMO, anyway.

Skimming over the last few pages, I found two laugh reactions that I could not interpret as anything except scorn.  And given who gave the laugh and who received it, I'm pretty sure that scorn is the correct interpretation.

Yes.

Obviously this is a sock puppet post. No care was taken to hide it. Believe it or not, there are others in this thread that have done the same recently for whatever intention.

I have lurked this thread since it began in December. I don't post in the Forum often, under any account, but I read daily. I am sad to see this good thing come to an end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NicholasLesgret said:

I am sad to see this good thing come to an end.

You, your other alt, and your main, have as your goal to disrupt this thread and others.

By blocking you and the others I'm quite sure this thread can carry on just fine..

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NicholasLesgret said:

Yes.

Obviously this is a sock puppet post. No care was taken to hide it. Believe it or not, there are others in this thread that have done the same recently for whatever intention.

I have lurked this thread since it began in December. I don't post in the Forum often, under any account, but I read daily. I am sad to see this good thing come to an end.

It doesn't have to end.  All it takes is the courage to post feelings when you want or need to, the strength to resist posting or replying to off-topic posts , and the wisdom to know the difference. I must admit I've not been very strong lately, but I do know the difference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You, your other alt, and your main, have as your goal to disrupt this thread and others.

By blocking you and the others I'm quite sure this thread can carry on just fine..

You can choose to go on an alt hunt. I'll help you out. My main last posted three years ago in the land section. I do not have another alt. This thread was already disrupted, to the point that a Linden just stepped in. I haven't posted in any other thread for three years with any account.

It might be more useful to look at content instead of the name of the poster. Just because an alt posts doesn't mean the statements are false. This alt is not posting to bolster up the comments of its main which isn't true of everyone, in this thread or others.

My "goal" is to point out that there are replies that were given that were possibly hurtful to the recipients, that there is more than one alt (me) posting imo, and that I was sad enough to see what is becoming of this thread that I dusted off an alt to post that I am sad. My goal achieved means the alt can go back to the shelf.

Edited by NicholasLesgret
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

It's not the pain, it's the rancor. Sharing the pain of the demotion is one thing, debating the merits of the demotion is quite another. When sock puppets who want to argue for the sake of arguing come in to stir things up the safe place that this was is lost.

Reality bit me a few pages ago. This has NEVER been a safe place to post our feelings. That was just us being hopeful ... and deluded.

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Reality bit me a few pages ago. This has NEVER been a safe place to post our feelings. That was just us being hopeful ... and deluded.

 

I am sorry you feel that way Marigold. I've felt somewhat safe here, as safe as it is possible to feel in an open forum, but safe enough to me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I am sorry you feel that way Marigold. I've felt somewhat safe here, as safe as it is possible to feel in an open forum, but safe enough to me.

It felt like a safe space for me, too, @kali Wylder . It stopped feeling quite that way not too long ago after "my meds are screwed up!" day combined with a poisonous peanut bug epic derail that wound up being about beavers. There was no problem in this thread with that, but someone childish decided to port that to another thread in order to bolster up a "poor me, I'm a victim" thing. Uhhh, what? So that was annoying, it broke the "sanctity" of this thread somewhat, but I still didn't quit the thread. It still felt like "this nice place here" until this last bit of flusterclucking. Now it just feels "other."

I'm not sure why Obvious Alt is getting hassled though, it feels a little cliquey. Truth is there have been more than a few scorn laughs posted in this thread. Obvious Alt got it right. I've been on the receiving end here and elsewhere, and I have posted stating that I don't look upon them as spam or hurtful (like one person was going on and on about elsewhere). I've been known to post a few scorn/sarcasm laugh responses but I'd never do it to a serious post in this thread. Anyone who would post that to someone posting about how they are hurting is an as5hole. There are places for scorn/sarcastic laughs, but not in this thread. I tend to post sarcastic 😞 and I'm sure the sarcasm is lost on more than a few people, but there are just times it is clear as day.  The scorn/sarcasm replies were as clear as day in this thread. I don't know about alts posting. I could guess. For many reasons, going back to old days, I don't go down that road. I have my opinions, though, and may have suspicions.

But yeah, I don't think this is a safe place any more. The whole Forum has just been getting weirder and nastier in the last month. I posted about that yesterday (?) in the peeve thread. I started posting again in May 2019; I guess a year isn't too bad in the scheme of things. This thread may not be dead. It may bounce back. I hope it does. I doubt if I will come back to it, though.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

But yeah, I don't think this is a safe place any more. The whole Forum has just been getting weirder and nastier in the last month. I posted about that yesterday (?) in the peeve thread. I started posting again in May 2019; I guess a year isn't too bad in the scheme of things. This thread may not be dead. It may bounce back. I hope it does. I doubt if I will come back to it, though.

Uh I distinctly remember YOU making a post not to long ago saying some people deserve to die. The post was edited or removed. You can deny it but I know you made it, I saw it with my own eyes. So is that the nastiness you mean? 💯

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sparky Linden said:

While some posts are back on topic... There is still a mess of posting being done here that serves no purpose... Please lets get this topic back on topic from what the OP originally posted...

Thank you for trying to bring it back, Sparky, but I’m afraid the little bubble this thread lived in for six months has burst.

Please put it out of its misery. I’d rather see it deleted than locked. I really don’t want people stumbling onto it in the future and see how it began... and then how it crashed.

Again, thank you for trying.

RIP Thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

Uh I distinctly remember YOU making a post not to long ago saying some people deserve to die. The post was edited or removed. You can deny it but I know you made it, I saw it with my own eyes. So is that the nastiness you mean? 💯

Oh! "I remember seeing it but gosh have no record of it!" And yes, I'll deny it because that isn't my style, unless you're taking a quip waaaay out of context. But I'm not going to go into a battle of wits with an unequipped opponent. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Thank you for trying to bring it back, Sparky, but I’m afraid the little bubble this thread lived in for six months has burst.

Please put it out of its misery. I’d rather see it deleted than locked. I really don’t want people stumbling onto it in the future and see how it began... and then how it crashed.

Again, thank you for trying.

RIP Thread.

Yes, I understand what you are saying about just having it removed. I hate to say it but I think that is wise, for a lot of reasons. It was a nice little place, for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worse comes to worse, I'd rather it was locked than deleted entirely.   Despite the bad, there was a lot of good in this thread and I'd hate to see all of that just disappear as if it had never happened.

However, the thread has come back from bad times before and I truly think it can again.  Give it a few days.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I lost the plot yesterday.  Ranting and raving about a towel that fell off the upstairs bathroom door in the morning and even after people had used the bathroom all day long, it was still there when I went up at bedtime  (I use the downstairs bathroom all day)  It's always something stupid and insignificant that tips the scales.  So, wound up, I didn't sleep well at all and ache all over.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been totally miffed about this for a good while and now seems the time to mention it:

Recently I lost, (one of), my official government/education department title of "Scribe".
Just when I was formally set to claim the two RL titles I adore, I lost that of Scribe. 🤬☠️💩
No discussion, no explanation, no nuffin. -> GONE <-. 

THAT'S how much titles matter.

All I ever wanted to be: an Alchemist and a Scribe. 😊  
Alchemist, (jewellery, precious metals and stuff).  

Don't give up on this thread just cause a muckraker has nothing better to do during lockdown. 

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all -

I appreciate your feelings regarding either leaving this thread as is, locking it, or having it deleted. There are lots of reasons I think this thread's time has come. It's not related to one single incident or one single person. It started with some using this thread to post their "feelings" about "situations" that were really just digs at other people. Then there was that wall of COVID whatever it was. Though I really just skimmed it, it was clear enough that it wasn't appropriate for this thread. The attitude when I asked for it to be removed, or posted in the appropriate thread, was basically "f**k you", followed by others trying to redefine what the thread is. Then we had yesterday's visit from someone's sock puppet. Lastly, there is a post in another thread from yesterday linking to here that is basically an invitation for people to troll this thread. 

I get that I rub some people the wrong way -- or even a lot of people the wrong way. Yes, I'm blunt, and opinionated, and use way too many words, and as someone put it in a private message to me a couple days again, I do "like to go on tears".

But, no, I won't be a good girl and keep my mouth shut when someone behaves in a way that I believe is misogynistic. The truth is that by saying, "hey, that wasn't okay to do" to someone, two of us put targets on our backs for speaking up.

That leads to this thread - the sock puppets trying to disrupt things, and linking to this thread to encourage abuse, is related to me and the fact that I'm the person that started this thread. 

I can absolutely abandon it and hope that without me, it can get back to what it once was. 

The part of me that is angry and hurt - not that someone is pissed at me, but that they're using that to ruin this thread for everyone - is the part that wants this thread locked and/or deleted. I admit that it's petty - You want to ruin my thread? Fine. I'll just make it disappear. 

And even though that's petty, it may be best for the people who need and want this thread, or this type of thread, to continue, is to make this one go away and let someone else start another one that I won't touch. Due to my tendency to go on, and on, and on, and on, going back to blogging is probably the wisest decision for me personally. Leaving you guys to do things your way is better for all of you, and probably me as well.

So, no, I'm not withdrawing my request to have this thread removed. I hope you understand my reasons, or even if you don't understand, respect them. 

Thank you for reading another long-winded pile of poo from me. I'll try to make this the last one. 

B.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...