How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I understand how horrid this is not to know what's going on...it's very painful.  But this can very easily turn political and so the other thread Beth mentioned would be better to discuss this in...the Covid one..

Nah, it's all about what we are feeling at the end of the day, and the longer covid is present, the more our feelings will be caused by the fallout from covid. Sadly. When this thread was started, it was December, people were feeling gloomy. Back then we just did not appreciate how lucky we were, or how much we had got. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

it was December, people were feeling gloomy. Back then we just did not appreciate how lucky we were, or how much we had got. 

I know, I want the Xmas blues back over this endless Covid nightmare   :(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

When this thread was started, it was December, people were feeling gloomy.

When I started this thread back in December, you were nowhere around. I just looked - your first post in this thread was January 19, well after this thread and its purpose was established and the holidays were over. I started this thread so people who don't love the holidays would have a safe place to talk about their feelings without having people shoving good cheer down their throats.

The people posting here have lost partners, parents, security, jobs. It was my intention to ask for this thread to be closed after the holidays, but people were getting something from it and wanted it to remain open. When we got hit with COVID, this thread became a place where we could talk about our feelings and fears. 

You, Marigold, were once one of the strongest proponents for keeping this thread free of the garbage but since you're angry at me over some stupid little tiff with your buddy, you're willing to throw this thread, and everyone who has shared some really heart-felt things and gets something out of having this safe space, right under the bus.

You don't have to like me. I started the thread but I certainly don't own it and I know as well as anyone how a thread can go off the rails with no way to get it back on track. But this has been the one place - the one place - where people felt okay sharing whatever they were feeling, good or bad, and the petty squabbles and disagreements got left at the door and even those of us who will likely never be friends, respected that. 

I'm disappointed in you. 

• Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

you're one of the Advisors who hasn't been demoted.

They're demoting Advisors???

...checks her Forum title and screams.

WHAT THE HELL, LL???????????????????????????

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks, but I edited it after I actually looked.

I am SO mad right now.

Thirteen frickin' YEARS of advising, 16,000 Forum posts, and I'm a "Resident"?

Where the hell is my Flounce GIF!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They're demoting Advisors???

...checks her Forum title and screams.

WHAT THE HELL, LL???????????????????????????

They did it to you too? I thought I had requested it and it had only happened to me.

Maybe it's the company we keep ?!?!

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I can no longer edit my "Forum Rank" either...back to Square One.

What if I decide I don't want chocolate any more?

That's weird. We must have done something to upset the Linden gods then.

I just tested. I can still change that. 

Edited by Marigold Devin

4 hours ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

January, I just want to say, I totally understand...with everything going on in the world, it feels like we are all "trapped."

Thank you Dismantled.  Yes, I do feel "trapped".  I think there are many of us who could use a change of scenery.  I feel like I need a change of scenery for more than a few hours though.  But, I know there is nothing I can do right now but "hang in there".   I don't see the fog lifting any time soon for clear sailing for me to be somewhere else and feel free from here for awhile.   It's not a good feeling.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What if I decide I don't want chocolate any more?

I'm afraid you're simply stuck with it now! 

Marabou.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

While not a popular item in the corporate media, herd immunity is how we keep a virus at manageable levels.

I just wanted to say one thing and leave it at that...many of us know about herd immunity, Nalates.  We're all hoping to get there with the least amount of causalities as we possibly can.  And that's all I wanted to say about it, okay?   But, if you want to talk more about herd immunity...you know where the other thread is now.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been a very rough day physically. I wander back in here and see ... this?

Edited out content: I normally keep my posts up, regardless. This one, even though I meant every word and basically said what @kali Wylder said above, I'm taking down for various, totally fed up with the forum reasons. When I start getting "You're a Mean Girl" IMs because of this thread, which has meant so much to me... yeah. no. Basically to those people go eff yourselves. To the wonderfully supportive, fabulous people who post here and who have helped me through some crap times, and to @Beth Macbain for starting this thread, a big, heartfelt Thank YOU. 

grouphug.gif.5ec481d4665cdd6524f7e2491dcb100f.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
to remove/replace post
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...shakes her fist at the Linden gods.

...goes off to play in Microsoft Flight Simulator instead.

I think we can all thank a sassy little bird for that change. After all the hard work I put in to get my rep looking like I'm at least a half decent human being and they want to take that way too. That little bird gets its way... I'm gone for good. I have zero tolerance for bullshat mind games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today I am sad. Disappointed. Frustrated. Disgusted.

Done. At least for now anyway - I can’t say I won’t be back. But for right now, today, there is nothing fun about any of this anymore.

I concede. You win. You and your buddy. Have the thread... have the forums. They’re yours.

I’m too tired to flounce, and too beaten down to rage quit. I’m just done.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.