How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Arquet said:

Regional differences? 😏

Your Asda is smarter than mine, obviously.

I got an email from Asda just today saying they were going to be using carrier bags from now on. Last delivery I had from them was last Thursday and I was like you, disinfecting everything and feeling the virus was all over everything.  Tedious bloody virus at best, deadly at worst. Wish all this was over. 

• Like 3

Thanks, @Madelaine McMasters.  I use a bag balm that I get at the local Fleet Farm store. It's full of lanolin and other good stuff that makes it hard to sneak up on anyone with a decent sense of smell. Even with that, though, my hands are chapped.  It may be a side effect of having been fooled into doing more house cleaning than usual.  I should know better.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's me too. My hands are red, dry, and cracking. 

Me too - hands as dry as a rhino's backside, in spite of slathering on Epimax cream, prescribed by my doc for eczema which I thought I had got on top of. Not so. This pandemic has got me washing and washing and washing my hands. I can't bear to touch money - it's all been soaked in antibacterial liquid and I've gone completely contactless now with the debit card, which does not leave my mitts.  

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Thanks, @Madelaine McMasters.  I use a bag balm that I get at the local Fleet Farm store. It's full of lanolin and other good stuff that makes it hard to sneak up on anyone with a decent sense of smell. Even with that, though, my hands are chapped.  It may be a side effect of having been fooled into doing more house cleaning than usual.  I should know better.

Lanolin (from sheep) doesn’t smell good but it really is the best moisturizer. Other oils can even draw oil out of skin.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 7:48 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

I feel like I should stop posting since all I ever do is "chime in at every opportunity". Apparently my trying to help makes me an attention hound. Who knew.

On top of that our internet connection is going loopy. Fug it. I'm taking my ball and going home.

Have the decency to quote me correctly.  I did not say you chimed in at every opportunity nor did I say you were an attention hound.  I was simply not surprised that you joined in the Spammers discussion without saying anything about what a bloody effort it had been trying to keep the forum useable under attack.  If you'd wanted to be helpful you could have shown some sympathy for that, if not appreciation.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

I think at this point, the testing is kind of useless anyway. The virus is everywhere. If you feel sick, stay at home and tough it out. If you feel sick and you’ve having trouble breathing and/or a fever over 100.3 (I could be wrong on the temp threshold), get thee to hospital.

The treatments will be the same whether you’ve been tested or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sure, one gets support in this thread while someone else doesn't.  That's fair.

To be honest @Garnet Psaltery, I don't have time to read every thread in the forums. One person came in saying how they felt without identifying a thread or naming names and got support, you came in yelling at them for not quoting you correctly which was the first I knew that you were involved in any way.  You didn't get support because you weren't asking for it, you were fighting. And were correctly told this is not the place for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sure, one gets support in this thread while someone else doesn't.  That's fair.

The person you quoted was expressing their feelings about something, which is what this thread is all about. You were not expressing how you felt about something - which is what this thread is about.

If you want to argue with her about what she expressed or how she expressed it, I simply ask that you do it elsewhere.

That has nothing to do with anyone getting support over anyone else.

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think at this point, the testing is kind of useless anyway. The virus is everywhere. If you feel sick, stay at home and tough it out. If you feel sick and you’ve having trouble breathing and/or a fever over 100.3 (I could be wrong on the temp threshold), get thee to hospital.

The treatments will be the same whether you’ve been tested or not.

Yeah, my take on it is that we just assume that the vast majority of us are either already sick or will be before this is all over.  So we simply take precautions and take care of ourselves best we can, getting help when needed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So, a little update:

1 the local PD is delivering school lunch in three day batches twice a week. Meaning they drop off three days worth of breakfast and lunch for each student twice a week. So food for my kids is covered..

2 The local food pantry is willing to do no contact pick ups every week.  So food for other meals is mostly covered.

3. my dad sent me a $500 gift card to the local grocery store so we can order food.. Sadly, every local grocery has stopped pick up and delivery. So we risked it, gloved up, masked up(one of my respirator painting masks which are r95 masks) one person went in and shopped, all boxed/canned food was wiped down with disinfectant wipes (homemade, dry a pack of baby wipes and put in a ziploc bag and cover with 99% alcohol|) fruit and veg were washed. 

4 my daughter was tested as she was the one that came in contact and her blood work came back normal. Waiting on the covid 19 test, hope to get results tomorrow. 

5. so all in all, doing better. we have been having music based games AKA beat Shazaam. Decade based parties with family on video chat. and playing Cards against humanity as a family. My kids have been painting/drawing. We went to the park and took pictures so they can paint them. I have been making a ton of resin items and working on SL clothing. My wife has been cross stitching like crazy.  Keeping busy is key. 

• Like 12

I’m hangry. The massive burn on the roof of my mouth hurts like a mutha. I don’t remember those kinda burns hurting so much before so I’m guessing it’s because there is nothing to distract me.

Eating anything hot or cold hurts like hell so I’m sitting here waiting for my Mac and cheese cool down enough to eat, but not so cool that it conceals.

so yeah. That’s my Wednesday night. 😣

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Just letting you know, I was not laughing at you but rather sympathizing with the situation.  Some times you gotta laugh or you'll go insane.

Huh. I didn't know it was an either/or thing. All this time I've been doing it wrong... laughing while I go insane. :/

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

:::update, snipped:::

5. so all in all, doing better...

So glad you posted the update. I've been worried about you. It does sound like things are going as well as possible under the horrid circumstances. Don't be a stranger, keep us posted. :::hugs...from a safe distance:::

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.