How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow, another Virgo here.  I'm a perfectionist and so of course I handle every crisis extremely well - and they are all other people's crisis because I don't have crisis.......... at least that is what I tell myself.   B|

Overall, I'm doing okay.  Slept horrid due to a headache, so took a sick day today and vegged on the couch all day.  It felt good being lazy as hell all day.  I didn't even come to the forums until 9:00 pm. 

My husband is started to get a little panicky about toilet paper still being unavailable everywhere around here.  I'm not sure why he's concerned right now.  I tend to always keep things very well stocked on a normal basis.  I last bought toilet paper about a week before the world went crazy and yet I still have enough to last us another couple of weeks. By then the stores will have their supply lines pretty much straightened out. That combined with the purchase limiting that is now going on means that there will be toilet paper available when we need it.

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, now I'm angry about this stupid virus. My boss has decided that we need to have a 15 minute video team meeting every morning at 8am. VIDEO. VIDEO!! At 8am!!! With like 6 people at once on my tiny phone screen (my computer doesn't have a webcam). 

This is stupid hard on all of us - so why make it worse by making us all be awake and presentable at the ungodly hour of 8am?? Our normal workday doesn't start until 8:30 and that's pushing it for me, the not-a-morning person. 

grumbles

We have 15 min status meetings every morning - they are always web meetings as we have people in multiple locations.  My old boss insisted upon video, as all of our laptops have cameras - I actually got in trouble once for turning my video off.  My new boss doesn't care whether or not we use the video for the daily call, so I always keep my camera off -- I have absolutely never been a camera/video/photo type person anyway.  HOWEVER, now that we are all WFH, his boss has suggested that it would be best if all of the meetings that we have, including those daily 15 minute status ones, are done via video "so that we feel more connected" since we won't be having any actual in person meetings with people.  

When I work from home, I am usually in my pajamas until around lunch time.  Now, I'll have to go back to popping upstairs before the meeting to toss on a proper top and brush my hair. 
*sigh*

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 9

How am I? Well, I'm not sure. I work at home and get my groceries delivered and rarely leave the house anyway, so not much has changed. I used to have to go into the office once a month but they canceled that for this month.  We'll see what happens down the road.  My house was going to go on the market at the end of the month but I think we will post pone that.  That's probably good because I'm nowhere near ready.  I'm not sleeping well and I'm doing a lot of escapist behaviors, so I guess I've kind of checked out.  I'm sure I'll be back when I'm good and ready....

• Like 11

It seems the supply lines are shifting.  My regular weekly delivery is on its way including toilet roll but no bread, no potatoes, no rice and the worst, no sweet potatoes.  The child still has to go to school.  (sort that out Boris or I am pulling him out next week)  There are 61 days left until my holiday to Spain.  I am clueless as to what money I might get back if I can't go.  So many people telling me things, my head will burst.  I will wait a little longer on that one.

I have enough of my medication for the next 3 weeks but was awake most of the night with the leg spasms.  I haven't suffered those in months.  

In the absence of football, my friends and I are organising some online watch parties of old games which will be fun.  All my seeds, compost etc were delivered and it starts to rain. 🙄 

I am trying not to let my irritation rise with some people who come into this thread and JUST DON'T GET IT.  As someone already said there are 1000's of other threads more suited to them or start their own.  We are on page 66 now and to me that means we need this thread for the reasons it was created  <end rant>

I have plenty of hugs to spare and Beth and Rose get an extra squeeze.  It's 4 weeks tomorrow since my soulmate passed.  I can't say its getting easier but it is getting easier to distract myself.  

• Like 10

Our weekly grocery delivery got cancelled for some reason? We always get our groceries delivered because that's what my mum takes care of these days :)
Now they wont deliver? 😦 Fortunately the other majorly useless supermarket chain have started to deliver so we'll go with them now.

I just pick up whatever fresh fruit, veg & meat we need going to or from work.

I also got clearance to wear my P3 respiratory mask when at work today, which is a mask with changeable filters of course.
So work is getting a bit SL-ish. 
Heaven knows what teachers & students are going to think of the mask lol. 😱☠️👻 😹  

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, now I'm angry about this stupid virus. My boss has decided that we need to have a 15 minute video team meeting every morning at 8am. VIDEO. VIDEO!! At 8am!!! With like 6 people at once on my tiny phone screen (my computer doesn't have a webcam). 

Do you have an android phone? If yes you might be able turn it to a webcam. 

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/turn-android-smartphone-webcam-windows

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

One of the things that worries me is that the UK never gets prolonged spells of hot weather. This thing could become a permanent fixture here.

Scientists don’t know if summer will make a difference. They say It may be with us until we get a vacccine or effective medicine. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, another Virgo here.  I'm a perfectionist and so of course I handle every crisis extremely well - and they are all other people's crisis because I don't have crisis.......... at least that is what I tell myself.   B|

Overall, I'm doing okay.  Slept horrid due to a headache, so took a sick day today and vegged on the couch all day.  It felt good being lazy as hell all day.  I didn't even come to the forums until 9:00 pm. 

My husband is started to get a little panicky about toilet paper still being unavailable everywhere around here.  I'm not sure why he's concerned right now.  I tend to always keep things very well stocked on a normal basis.  I last bought toilet paper about a week before the world went crazy and yet I still have enough to last us another couple of weeks. By then the stores will have their supply lines pretty much straightened out. That combined with the purchase limiting that is now going on means that there will be toilet paper available when we need it.

We have 15 min status meetings every morning - they are always web meetings as we have people in multiple locations.  My old boss insisted upon video, as all of our laptops have cameras - I actually got in trouble once for turning my video off.  My new boss doesn't care whether or not we use the video for the daily call, so I always keep my camera off -- I have absolutely never been a camera/video/photo type person anyway.  HOWEVER, now that we are all WFH, his boss has suggested that it would be best if all of the meetings that we have, including those daily 15 minute status ones, are done via video "so that we feel more connected" since we won't be having any actual in person meetings with people.  

When I work from home, I am usually in my pajamas until around lunch time.  Now, I'll have to go back to popping upstairs before the meeting to toss on a proper top and brush my hair. 
*sigh*

LittleMe, I am a Virgo too,  super perfectionist with laser focus. I have been Totally focused on saving my husband’s life, stocking up for weeks. Family thought, Well there she goes again. (They thought the same when I first started SL.)

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

LittleMe, I am a Virgo too,  super perfectionist with laser focus. I have been Totally focused on saving my husband’s life, stocking up for weeks. Family thought, Well there she goes again. (They thought the same when I first started SL.) once again they see, Imhad a good reason for going overboard.

• Like 1

Two of my children are Virgo s ,,,,  and I am Pisces ,,,,  it works ,,, hugs hugs hugs  to everyone and love ...  

And note this virus thing has affected everything ,,,, Glad  respiratory  ordered extra oxygen for last week as  we had to wait an extra day for new replacement  canisters  of oxygen  but we had enough ,,,, they  gave us extra  replacement canisters   yeterday for the week  as they said delay in things ,,, so  just grateful for everything ,,,, hugs hug hugs  ,,,,love to all 

Edited by roseelvira
my spelling again grrr
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I would so be tempted to hang a photo of me dressed well in front of the camera for one of those meetings :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Ultimately, I decided to start up our normal morning meeting just opening the web conference page and keeping my video off -- as did most of the team.  The boss said nothing about it, so apparently business as usual.

Good thing really because I still have a bit of my headache from yesterday and thus I'm a tad cranky.  If the boss has said something about the video, I might have made some comment that I'd later regret.  I'm not very tactful at the best of times.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Storm Clarence said:

OMG! 

PS Seriously?!  And you met on the Internet?!

Stormee, I am fond of you in my own way, you know that, but I would kindly ask that you leave this particular thread. You may dislike me for this, and I will take my chances - I certainly don't want to go off you - but I need this thread for what it is meant to be, a place of comfort and support for some of us who need to offload in this way sometimes. 

Please? Pretty please??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I hope this can cheer you up a little. We have been lockdown, but 'Wildlife' has found its way... The poor guy was trying to cheer us up, but the Police considered a Dinasour was not one of the animals allowed to walk around during the quarantine, so finally he was sent home

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.