How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

When the chips are down, nothing can beat a full English. Nothing. At any time of day. It helps if the bacon is streaky and golden brown crispy. It helps if the sausages are artisan. It helps if the eggs are perfectly poached. It helps if the black pudding is from Stornoway.

BUT.......you'll feel so much better afterwards.🥓🥘

Generally I would agree on the poached egg but I think they did well to get this fried egg to me with still some yellow runny yolk.  (I don't do black pudding)  The sausages were surprisingly delicious, the bacon just right, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans great.  My only complaint was the hash  brown a litle soggy from the tomato juice but I still shoved it in my gob double fast

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Today (well  pre 10 am)  I feel rebellious,  naughty, decadent and stuffed.  I ordered a full english to be delivered.  Something I have scoffed at others doing in the past. (Like seriously, you can't cook a proper full english?)   I had an urge to eat it but my aching body said FU to cooking it myself and it was glorious.   😊

Funny... I've been sitting here at my desk considering ordering breakfast for delivery because I'm starving, but I never order breakfast and could probably find some oatmeal or something somewhere. Perhaps I should follow your example and just go for it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Funny... I've been sitting here at my desk considering ordering breakfast for delivery because I'm starving, but I never order breakfast and could probably find some oatmeal or something somewhere. Perhaps I should follow your example and just go for it!

I have never ordered anything other than a chinese or pizza before.  It was definitely worth it.  I say go for it for a one off treat. 

• Like 2

I posted back 3-4 weeks ago about the January from You-Know-Where (mental health issues running amok in the house, cat dying, etc) and I'm glad to report that things appear to be on the upswing.

The Child is responding well to his new medication, after a rather rocky start with some side-effects.  His psychiatrist thinks it's possible that after he's been stabilized for a year, they could try weaning him off the meds as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications in younger people can apparently actually help to rewire the brain, potentially making them unnecessary in the future.

It's not a definite, but I figure the less things anyone has to remember (and meds are a big one), the easier life can be.  All things said, if he has to be medicated the rest of his life, so be it.  I'm glad they exist.

The cat is still... well, deceased, but our remaining cat has definitely come out of his shell and has started eating regularly again.  He was in mourning, bless his heart, but it appears he's adapting.

As for me?  I'm wiped out today, but it's my own fault because I finally went BoM with my avatar and stayed up ridiculously late last night updating all my outfits when the "replace links" function in Firestorm proved recalcitrant.  So I'm tired, but I feel accomplished :)

Beth, I love this thread.  I know I don't post much in it, but thank you for starting it ❤️

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Spelling.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Beth, I love this thread.  I know I don't post much in it, but thank you for starting it ❤️

Y'all make me feel all warm and fuzzy! ❤️

Have you considered a new kitten? Losing a fur baby is absolutely the worst, but after a mourning period, a new kitten can certainly liven things up!

It would be awesome if your son was able to be weened off the medications. I've long accepted that I'll be taking them every day for the rest of my life, but I didn't get any treatment for my depression as a child - I was in my mid-30s before I started. I'd love to be able to stop taking them, but realistically, that's not going to happen. 

And that reminds me I need to run over to the pharmacy and pick mine up!

I love my face and am having a difficult time transitioning to BoM because of that. I went so far as to buy a new skin for BOM, wore it for a day, and ended up going back. It also seems much more convoluted than I thought it was going to be when it was first announced. I really wish I could wear my current face and skin and apply BoM on top of it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Today (well  pre 10 am)  I feel rebellious,  naughty, decadent and stuffed.  I ordered a full english to be delivered.  Something I have scoffed at others doing in the past. (Like seriously, you can't cook a proper full english?)   I had an urge to eat it but my aching body said FU to cooking it myself and it was glorious.   😊

OK, what's a full English?

3 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

As for me?  I'm wiped out today, but it's my own fault because I finally went BoM with my avatar and stayed up ridiculously late last night updating all my outfits when the "replace links" function in Firestorm proved recalcitrant.  So I'm tired, but I feel accomplished

I did that BOM waltz a couple of weeks ago, I just deleted all my old outfits as I felt it was time for something new. But it does take a few marathon SL sessions to do the BOM waltz.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I love my face and am having a difficult time transitioning to BoM because of that. I went so far as to buy a new skin for BOM, wore it for a day, and ended up going back. It also seems much more convoluted than I thought it was going to be when it was first announced. I really wish I could wear my current face and skin and apply BoM on top of it.

I wound up buying several new skins.  Interestingly enough my original skin from 2009 works perfectly with Maitreya body.  No funny toe problem.  I wonder if the Maitreya designer was wearing a LAQ skin when she made the body? Too bad the lips on that skin are so dated... and I was such a pale face back then. I'm tanner now.

• Like 2

Although I'm 'murican, I've had plenty of full English breakfasts in my day and in regards to the picture: Beans? I never got beans. Weird. And thankfully I just got regular buttered toast not the fried bread, although I've had fried bread. I prefer the toast.

I haven't posted here for a while because I'm generally depressed, grumpy and annoyed and who wants to read about that? I recently have had some decent RL news, that helps me get out of a sort of limbo that I've been in for a decade. So today color me slightly less depressed and grumpy.  Although I'm am over-people-ing in SL and the extra energy that takes out of me is annoying, so color me the same amount of annoyed I guess.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I haven't posted here for a while because I'm generally depressed, grumpy and annoyed and who wants to read about that?

US! That is exactly what this thread is for! You don't have to pretend to be all cheerful and happy and all that crap here!

hugs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Y'all make me feel all warm and fuzzy! ❤️

Have you considered a new kitten? Losing a fur baby is absolutely the worst, but after a mourning period, a new kitten can certainly liven things up!

It would be awesome if your son was able to be weened off the medications. I've long accepted that I'll be taking them every day for the rest of my life, but I didn't get any treatment for my depression as a child - I was in my mid-30s before I started. I'd love to be able to stop taking them, but realistically, that's not going to happen. 

And that reminds me I need to run over to the pharmacy and pick mine up!

Sadly we're at the "no additional cats" stage of life at this point, in large part due to my husband's horrible cat allergy.  He came into the relationship fully aware of the feline factor, but since we're all at least somewhat allergic to the little darlings, it's time to let the cat part of our lives go.  We still have Bob, at least.

We do have four dogs in addition to Bob the Cat, including two young chihuahuas.  I'm just going to pour my energy into civilizing them, bless their stubborn little hearts 🤣

Re: meds, I'm like you in that I'll likely be on them for the rest of my life due to starting on them later than I really should have (late 40's in my case, rather than my late teens to early 20's).  I switched late last year from Lexapro to Wellbutrin, but the anxiety component came flaring back up so we've added Buspar to my routine. That just took place, though, so at the moment I get to deal with even more anxiety, as that's one of the onboarding side-effects of Buspar that I'm experiencing.

I just love how some anti-anxiety meds have the temporary side-effect of causing anxiety.  Because of course LOL

I was having the worst time transitioning to BoM for the same reason you stated above.  I loved my face.  I'd been using the same skinmaker's skins literally since I first realized the default skin was hideous, and have been buying new from there every time the situation popped up that I maybe should.  I even got my Maitreya body applier there, as well as an Omega applier that worked beautifully with my Genus head.

When I tried to use my latest system skin from my old supplier, though, it just would not work correctly.  The shading in the neck, collarbone, fingers, elbows... well, you get the drift.  So if I wanted to go BoM I had to try a new skin... and I finally did.  Maybe it was time to branch out, for me.  But I do get not wanting to get away from a favorite appearance, and honestly if the folks who made my old skins ever do a BoM update to mitigate the worst of the shading issues, or at least make some of the BoM "fixes" work sufficiently, I'll be right back there :)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I did that BOM waltz a couple of weeks ago, I just deleted all my old outfits as I felt it was time for something new. But it does take a few marathon SL sessions to do the BOM waltz.

Yep, it sure does.  I'll be back at it again tonight re-updating the outfits... although I think there may be some I'll delete out of sheer frustration :)

• Like 1

@Seicher Rae, you are not responsible for your feelings, they just are.  What you do with 'em is your responsibility. But you can always come in here and share them, that's why we are here. It's become my favorite thread for that reason. It's the safe place to be who you are at the moment. We won't blame you or try to change you. If the moment is difficult, then we'll just be by your side, supporting you in the difficult time.

pig n pooh.jpg

Edited by kali Wylder
to add the @
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm now angry all over again about Amie Hartwick's murder after reading this and realizing this guy wasn't a recent ex - her first restraining order against him was nine years ago and he has also now been released on bond. 

So, you know, a guy who harbored such violent unhinged anger for almost a full decade is out there on the streets running free after murdering a woman a couple days ago. 

• Sad 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.