How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

dragged myself down the hall and started working, bringing the body in hopes that the mind would follow in due course.  Still waiting for the mind....

This is a lot how my mornings go on the days that I work from home.  I don't jump directly into the shower and just go straight for the coffee and hit the computer.  I've come to realize that the shower actually does wonders for helping me wake up on the days that I go to the office.  However, I am still too lazy, and usually somewhat sleep deprived, to make myself get up any earlier than I absolutely must on any work day.  Thus when I work from home, the shower waits until lunchtime so that I can sleep a tad bit more before working.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It did impair my social life in college and my early adult years - not that I was ever much of a social person anyway.  These days, all us older ladies in my area drink wine - and that works for me.

Me too.

The other thing that has impaired my social life even more dramatically is that I have never been able to work up an interest in sports. It’s just not in me to care.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

I have the flu. This is the first year in 10+ years that I did not get the flu shot. I kept putting it off and putting it off. My son did have his flu shot and was sick, but it was relatively mild and he’s back at school today. I, on the other hand, feel like death. Even my eyeball sockets and teeth are hurting. Luckily I got in soon enough for an antiviral.

Get your flu shot!!!

The last time I got a flu shot was roughly 20-some years ago -- and that was also the last time that I had the flu.

My husband gets a flu shot every year - and every year he ends up with the flu anyway.

I think I'll continue to skip it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Me too.

The other thing that has impaired my social life even more dramatically is that I have never been able to work up an interest in sports. It’s just not in me to care.

Ugh, I HATE sports - pretty much all sports.  Whenever I've attended a Super Bowl party in the past, I tend to hover near the food & drink and try to make myself talk to people.  Luckily for me, my husband also hates sports.

ETA:  I do enjoy watching Gymnastics and Figure Skating during the Olympics.

I had a brief time in high school where I enjoyed volleyball, until the bullying started again.  Another brief attempt at that shortly after I got divorced - in an attempt to be more social and make some new friends.  I spent too much time feeling inadequate.  Even though it was a 'rec' league, the people had obviously been playing together for a while, whereas I hadn't played in years, so I just didn't feel up to the proper skill level.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
ugh - spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ugh, I HATE sports - pretty much all sports.  Whenever I've attended a Super Bowl party in the past, I tend to hover near the food & drink and try to make myself talk to people.  Luckily for me, my husband also hates sports.

I can't say that I hate sports, but I have little interest in them, with the possible exception of baseball.  I have a grandson who is a rising star locally, so I have learned to be attentive and cheer knowledgeably from a distance (we live 1000 miles apart).  I have absolutely zero interest in football, however.

• Like 3

I managed to get mom to eat some dinner so that good, she trying to sleep for night and hope she gets some sleep as really hate her being in pain as she almost as bad she was with last flare and I'm still okay; just glad is this thread where I can just let out and talk to close friends on FB messenger about it too which helps me feel less overwhelmed and less alone if that sounds stupid then I'm sorry.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I can't say that I hate sports, but I have little interest in them, with the possible exception of baseball.  I have a grandson who is a rising star locally, so I have learned to be attentive and cheer knowledgeably from a distance (we live 1000 miles apart).  I have absolutely zero interest in football, however.

I was a good mommy and properly showed all sorts of appropriate enthusiasm throughout all of my daughter's soccer years.  I am glad, however, that she is now an adult and so I don't have to go to her recreational soccer games anymore.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

I managed to get mom to eat some dinner so that good, she trying to sleep for night and hope she gets some sleep as really hate her being in pain as she almost as bad she was with last flare and I'm still okay; just glad is this thread where I can just let out and talk to close friends on FB messenger about it too which helps me feel less overwhelmed and less alone if that sounds stupid then I'm sorry.

It sounds human, and we understand. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

I've never been attracted by sports.  Apart from compulsory school sports, the closest I've got to it is watching the dancey versions of ice skating or half-listening to golf or motor racing on tv (ex-husband's choices) while doing something else, or very occasionally admiring cricketers in action (I never really follow a match but they look lovely and manly).  Anyway I'm a bit OT, for which I blame the Cabernet Sauvignon.

More to the topic, I'm aware that V-Day is approaching, and I know there'll be no cards for me in either life so perhaps we unattached can gather somewhere on that day and get virtually or actually sozzled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My life swings between baby care and mothercare. Every day I carry the burden of my father abandoning me when I was three. I saw him infrequently until I was ten, but I have no pleasant memories of him. So I grew up in a very poor environment.  He lives just a mile away, but we are strangers. I do know that his arrogance with his neighbours make him unpopular, and I hear stories which match my childhood memories of him.

I wish this didn't eat away inside me, but as I grow older, I feel more complex emotions about what he did. However, the one great benefit his absence gave me was my strength, and always trying to do the right thing. Had he stayed, I would have most certainly gone up against him from a young age, and that would have been messy.

So today like any other I have highs and lows. I can't go in world on Wednesdays or Thursdays, but SL has been, and is such a positive influence on my life. It's the most relaxing place aside from being in bed......

Sport? I have no time for it. I can sort of understand why anyone would play sports, although I don't understand the "win at all costs" mentality. And I just don't see the attraction in watching any sport.......what is the point????

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Like I need a shower... and eye bleach. 

Remember when this thread was about checking in on each other's mental health during the pressure of the holidays?

Good times. 

Yeah its been very off putting recently and I have avoided posting much due to the direction it was going .  Just dipped my toe in today *sighs*  and we get the self promo vanity post.  Like we don't have enough of those already 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Yeah its been very off putting recently and I have avoided posting much due to the direction it was going .  Just dipped my toe in today *sighs*  and we get the self promo vanity post.  Like we don't have enough of those already 

I'm going to attempt to make it go away. 

I'd rather see this thread get locked than have it turn into something it was never meant to be. Even I've been shy about posting in it (or anywhere on the forums) recently. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Like I need a shower... and eye bleach. 

Remember when this thread was about checking in on each other's mental health during the pressure of the holidays?

Good times. 

yeah, this thread was part of what held me together during that very bad, awful, no good, stinking stretch of time between Thanksgiving and when my dad died.

and @Cindy Evanier  I hear you too lady ♡

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How are you, @kali Wylder? Be careful over the next few months. For me, the hardest part was about 3 months after my father died once the shock wore off and the immediate grief and things were starting to settle into some new kind of normal that wasn't normal at all. 

It was sort of like, "Okay, he's dead and everything is horrible." 

...three months pass...

"OMG HE REALLY IS DEAD AND EVERYTHING REALLY IS HORRIBLE WTF?!?!"

hugs

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dunno, I don't get the part about "the direction this thread is goint" - maybe I'm being dense, but I all I see is people telling how they feel. Some good, some bad, and not everyone can express themselves that well.
I'm not talking about the weird italics from surferboi, tho. That was just weird.

I'm feeling better after being severely sick for a while, at least physically. But it took a toll on my psyche. I'm currently annoyed at pretty much everyone to no end. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Dunno, I don't get the part about "the direction this thread is goint" - maybe I'm being dense, but I all I see is people telling how they feel. Some good, some bad, and not everyone can express themselves that well.
I'm not talking about the weird italics from surferboi, tho. That was just weird.

I'm feeling better after being severely sick for a while, at least physically. But it took a toll on my psyche. I'm currently annoyed at pretty much everyone to no end. 

The thread was started before Christmas for people who were having it tough and to help each other through it.  There was a lot of sharing difficult stuff people were going through and we were all helping each other with a place to speak and have people show empathy.  Some people shared some quite difficult stuff. Quite a few of those people have stopped posting recently.

Btw congrats on your 500th post :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly few hours later; I'm still feeling in that weird mood.  I prob log off after my set, take my feelings out on MMO I play with friends and hope it makes me feel bit less well meh.

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.