How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started out the day with about a half hour of increasingly blurred vision, which then receded, and a period where my right hand wasn't quite right, headache for half the day too. Things seem ok since, no idea what it was. Fortunately I have an appointment with the neurologist anyway tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to ask a professional.

Took last month off from the forums because I didn't have spare emotional energy for the few who try to pick fights, so I'm late reading this thread. Much sympathy for all who are struggling with grief in whatever way. If any of you listen to podcasts, Cariad Lloyd's Griefcast can be very helpful. She's a comedian and talks with other comedians about their experiences with grief. The early episodes especially look at some of the strange but common experiences in living with loss.

Love to all of you, in whatever form of expression you prefer x

• Like 14

43 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I started out the day with about a half hour of increasingly blurred vision, which then receded, and a period where my right hand wasn't quite right, headache for half the day too. Things seem ok since, no idea what it was. Fortunately I have an appointment with the neurologist anyway tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to ask a professional.

I'm with Garnet (and I'm sure many others) in hoping all is well with you and your neurologist has a benign explanation for today's experience.

Do let us know what you learn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Well, I should have known better than to post that overall my last week was a net-plus. The Universe would not let that stand. For the first time ever, I think I'm in the process of being ghosted. It is a total wtf experience, that true to definition, came out of the blue. So I'm sitting in a floaty in my back "yard" at the LL marina, brooding and drinking in RL. There's a good reason I hate people... this is exhibit 4,673,412

Yes, it is a sh1tty experience, especially being ghosted by someone who was deeply a friend. Amazing really how things can turn out, but why should you be feeling so bad? Don't be the one to feel bad. And don't waste energy hating people - pity them and carry on floating with a beer/wine in real life (tipple of choice tonight is a Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer - that never disappoints. 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, Beth Macbain said:

See, I knew things were going way too well and something had to change.

Over the weekend, my oldest brother had a breakdown and is now locked up in a psychiatric facility where we are having a nightmare of a time trying to get information, access, or to get him released to another facility of our choosing. 

It's really very scary, especially when you start looking for information on how to go about these things and read all the horror stories of people being locked in this places for years and unable to get themselves out. 

Horror stories about these places are truly in the minimum. Here in the UK anyone can be sectioned for 28 days and are on continuous assessment. During that period of time, it is recommended family don't insist on getting in the middle of initial assessments and treatment. That always feels wrong, but generally turns out right.  Trust the professionals. In the main, they really do know what they're doing.  

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 1:16 AM, LexxiXhan said:

Considering a career change..

write.PNG.4c4c33c74c1a9b89adad3d9d2abd5b7e.PNG

#NothingIsWha*****eems

I love the English language, I really do, but in real life I am really quite a sweary girl, and while my man friend loves me just the way I am (yes, I guess he must have seen the film "Bridget Jones' Diary") - he is a b4ggeroo for the old cliches - he very eloquently said to me recently:

"The swearing, I can deal with, but the barrage of cvnts was a little too much, my dear."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              u

Edited by Marigold Devin
a "U" got loose - place it wisely ;)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, Klaineanderson said:

my new computer is 3 with something months old.Today  

when I press the power button  ,pc tried to start and then turns off.Tried 4 times,then replugged in everything i can(that's what i do when  i'm in panic ,LOL)and computer turned ON normally.  I have no idea what it was, and now i will panic everytime i turn computer on,i so don' t want it to happend again.Also because i don't want to deal with guarantee service ,cause it will be around 45 days of their diagnostics time and in my country its normal thing to get "NON guarantee case" as a reply.Quality of work depends on  guarantee staff,but still..

Is it a PC or a laptop? If laptop, could be something as simple as loose battery pack underneath. If PC, you may have fixed it, by resetting the microprocessor turning it off and on again. Do you pay for a service/extra guarantee like I have with my laptop with PC World? It may not happen again, try not to be anxious. You are in charge! LOL.

I'm doing better now, fever only lasted two nights - still had a real bad time last night, because after not being able to sleep the whole weekend, I finally had no fever, and the pain in my back lessened... and then I could not sleep because the second I lay down I started to have the uncontrollable urge to cough, and if I didn't, my breathing would sound like I just smoked 5 pack's of cigarettes a day for 50 years straight. I literally could not sleep because it was loud, annoying and my goddamn throat hurt from all the coughing. To make matters even worse, when I got up and sat at the desk to do something productive while I waited to be so exhausted that I'd fall asleep in the chair (The only hope of sleep I had at that point), my goddamn leg acted up again. Why is my body such a huge, gigantic, PITA &%/&/$% of a %&/&/%&§.
That may sound trivial, or just like, stuff like that happenes when you're sick, but for me, it happens so often, that I'm actually starting to get scared about the possibility that I am experiencing some form of body-dismorphobia (? Yeah I'm not sure), where I do not see my body as a part of myself, but something that is working against me. And that is literally the alst thing in the world I need right now. 

Yeah, it's 1 AM now, and I absolutely dread going to bed right now, because it'll repeat. 

• Sad 8

I'm back!  I survived.  My body found a new ineffective way to deal with stress. I am now on Steroids to treat my anxiety rash, which scared me half to death when I started trying to figure out what was wrong. There are pictures of all kinds of rashes out there on the internet.  Mine didn't look exactly like any of them. 

As it turns out it is just itchy and not an indication of anything more serious.  The doc said it was probably a combination of things that happened all at once, eating different foods, sleeping in a different (and much too warm) room, different shampoo, different laundry soap, adjusting to living with siblings and dealing with loss. So I'm taking Benadryl and Prednisone and trying not to scratch.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Is it a PC or a laptop? If laptop, could be something as simple as loose battery pack underneath. If PC, you may have fixed it, by resetting the microprocessor turning it off and on again. Do you pay for a service/extra guarantee like I have with my laptop with PC World? It may not happen again, try not to be anxious. You are in charge! LOL.

I have Dekstop PC.)today was in service and service guy confirmed it s power supply problem and it needs to be replaced.I had looong troubles with my previous one, but never were in a guarantee for all 10 years.)And this time i was nervous to go to guarantee,because i don"t knew how it should happened.But it was better than i expected,service guy was good and allowed me to watch how he do diagnostics))

p.s but day started with broken taxi in the middle of the road,lol.And in heavy snow-wind weather i was waiting for another one.But then after guarantee visit  KFC  saved me).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Klaineanderson said:

I have Dekstop PC.)today was in service and service guy confirmed it s power supply problem and it needs to be replaced.I had looong troubles with my previous one, but never were in a guarantee for all 10 years.)And this time i was nervous to go to guarantee,because i don"t knew how it should happened.But it was better than i expected,service guy was good and allowed me to watch how he do diagnostics))

p.s but day started with broken taxi in the middle of the road,lol.And in heavy snow-wind weather i was waiting for another one.But then after guarantee visit  KFC  saved me).

You took charge, you did good, and I am so glad things turned out well. 💜 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm wondering how long I can sustain my land expenses.  I've always needed a home in SL but when I think about the things I need in RL it's beginning to seem like a lower priority.  I'm not at all happy about this.

As a last resort, Garnet, you can hang out at the Newell's place. Only an old Linden Home but its home sweet home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You're very kind.  I'll hang on as long as I can.  Oh, that didn't read well. :D 

Always happy to hold out a hand.....always. You can come over sometime and see the place. A few forum regulars have already dropped by.....😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm tired, so very tired.  I don't sleep well at the best of times.  The last 3 nights I have woke up about every 1-2 hours all freakin night.  Yet at the same time, I feel wide-awake come evening time when I'm supposed to be going to bed, and thus have a hard time falling asleep. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

58 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You're very kind.  I'll hang on as long as I can.  Oh, that didn't read well. :D 

Mom was in the hospital over the weekend. A virus had knocked her for a loop, exacerbating her heart failure. The evening before she was scheduled for release, a nurse entered the room and said "I'm sorry to hear you're going to be leaving us soon."

We do like a good laugh, Garnet.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Mahala Roviana said:

Cold. Just cold. I know people get annoyed when folks complain about the cold in the winter and being too hot in the summer, but it was in the 60's last week and in the teens yesterday.  I'd like to speak to a manager.

We've had 80f days and today, I had to turn on the heater for a bit to take the chill out of house, dropped to 51f here in Florida. But, I like it cause I do not have a lot of opportunities to wear my new jacket so...

• Like 4

Was attacked by my toxic mother,sad that i  don't saw how she pressured me my whole childhood,or how i were doing some homework at home or helped grandma,but they always were saiyng that i never do anything but spending money. I can't believe i listened to her s**t again and feel broken like always. 

• Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

Was attacked by my toxic mother,sad that i  don't saw how she pressured me my whole childhood,or how i were doing some homework at home or helped grandma,but they always were saiyng that i never do anything but spending money. I can't believe i listened to her s**t again and feel broken like always. 

I had a mom like that. She was diagnosed with mental health issues later in life. I tell myself that she probably couldn't help how she was. I'm sorry this happened to you.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

I had a mom like that. She was diagnosed with mental health issues later in life. I tell myself that she probably couldn't help how she was. I'm sorry this happened to you.

In my case it s her method to drop all the stress and angry on me. (

she is doctor and for now no diagnostics with something metnal..

sorry  about  your mom(

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.