How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Feeling like I need to make some changes... not sure what.

But it's that time to do it.

This is the time for me when I start looking at all the things I've been doing, saying, thinking - and trying to look at them without emotion and see which were logical and which were not and need to get tossed.
- That doesn't always go right... it's an effort not a fix.

Not too long ago I tore down my mainland build. Yesterday I managed to sell off my second largest plot (Blake Sea land). I tore down the mainland build because I wasn't liking what I've been up to in SL... and I'm feeling a need to shift direction... just gotta figure things out.

I just cleared out my block list here... gonna be clearing out a bit of it inworld too. I used to do that annually but haven't lately. I need to let myself see if the names in there actually need to be in there or... if they don't - because time moves on and holding grudges is not healthy or wise. Even if someone WAS toxic to you, time changes people.

I'm feeling kinda... stuck in a rut... and looking to see if there's a better direction to be going in...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My daughter lives in Florida now and just before she went back home last Sunday, she was commenting about how she has totally acclimated to the warmth and was upset that it was only going to be in the 60s that day when she got home.  Her preference is 80s or higher and if she wants cold and snow, she'll visit the relatives in Colorado or Nebraska.

She is definitely living in the right state then! Wait a day or two and it'll be back in the 80s. :)  My soul prefers the mountains and cold weather, so I am clearly doing something wrong.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Men get breast cancer, too, though not nearly at the same rates women do. Still, I think they need to be subjected to the squish at least every few years, too.

I would almost rather get a pelvic than a mammogram. It's just so awkward and weird and there's that whole no deodorant thing which sucks if you're getting it done in the summer.

image.png.36218a8538193ce5961de82f7f0bc264.png

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The dog has a vet diagnosed infection.  The child has had Calpol to reduce temp, a nap and is now devouring pizza.  I doubt the two things are related.  The dog is just a very old man now but he got the full MOT and is doing pretty well for his age . (which we think might be 13 but he was a rescue dog so thats a guess) 

Ah ok. I wasn't sure which one had the nasal infection from the wording. As a child I used to get sinus infections, sometimes with fever, so I was a little confused. 

I'm glad they are both doing well. Give the dog a hug from me and the kidlet a pat on the head. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Beth Macbain  I get you completely. It’s frustrating. I do celebrate Christmas, though I am not a Christian, but I HATE feeling obligated to do the work stuff. No, thank you. I do not want any of your potluck potatoes. I know from the numerous stories how many people have cats that hang out on counters, and who never washes their hands after the bathroom. I declined to contribute this year since I don’t want to eat any cat hair cookies, and people were taken aback. Y’all will survive without my store bought potato salad, I promise.

That felt good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

We don't have anything called "lemsip" in the states and it sounded really good, like lemonade or something, until I googled it... lol!

Feel better!!

Thank you; today I do thanks!!  

• Like 2

what a lovely thread @Beth Macbain!!! Yes, December is a difficult month... But perhaps it's the time of the year to think what you want to keep in your life for the upcoming year, and what is time to let go, because it does not belong in your life anymore. That's what I'm feeling today..

I'm missing some members of my family, my hubby is temporarily working in a project outside the country, and some other minor things... Too many things that make me think: 'there are very few important things in life today. Don't waste your time on anything/anyone else'

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The shingles shot? Stop debating and get it. My Dad had shingles when he was in his early 90s, and he was absolutely miserable. He was lucky he didn't lose sight in one eye. The Shingrix vaccine is apparently a quantum step beyond the old one, which had to be renewed every few years and was only marginally effective. You do have to have two shots, spaced no more than 6 months apart -- I don't know why -- but it's worth the expense for the peace of mind. 

I concur, despite my two days of feeling poorly after getting mine.  Do it.

So far, so good. I just got word that we adults do not gift us anything anymore .. we are too many and it was already a mess last year. Gifts are now only for the kids anymore. And now i am sitting here with 8 bottles of fine scottish whisky and it's all for myself. So if i write nonsense during the next months, you all know why. :)

Edited by Conall DeCuir
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Conall DeCuir said:

So far, so good. I just got word that we adults do not gift us anything anymore .. we are to many and it was already a mess last year. Gifts are now only for the kids anymore. And now i am sitting here with 8 bottles of fine scotch whisky and it's all for myself. So if i write ***** during the next months, you all know why. :)

That sounds like a true "good news, bad news" situation.  I think gifts at Christmas are important, even for adults.  If my family told me that we weren't going to give each other gifts any more, I'd ignore it and send them gifts anyway.  But...maybe keep the whisky and send them all an Echo Dot or something.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

So far, so good. I just got word that we adults do not gift us anything anymore .. we are too many and it was already a mess last year. Gifts are now only for the kids anymore. And now i am sitting here with 8 bottles of fine scottish whisky and it's all for myself. So if i write nonsense during the next months, you all know why. :)

Before my mom passed and everything went to hell, rather than gifts just for the underaged, we did the Dirty Santa thing. We didn't do the theme thing, just set a limit on cost. So you only needed to purchase one gift for an adult.

Everyone draws a number from a hat (or bowl or basket) - numbered 1 through however many are participating. The person with #1 starts the game.

Here's how it works:

• First person selects a gift from under the tree (after much thought and deliberation), opens it, and shows it to everyone.
  • Second person can choose to steal #1's gift (aka "Dirty Santa") or pick from the pile. This continues with each person having the chance to steal or choose a wrapped gift. The stealing and scheming now begins to erupt along with lots of laughter.
  • A gift can be stolen more than once but generally no more than 3 times and only once per turn. If your gift is stolen, you can't steal it right back. You have to steal another gift or choose from the pile. Don't forget about the awesome gifts that just may be hiding hoping you'll forget they're still in play!
  • When there are no more wrapped gifts, typically the person who drew #1 is allowed one more turn. However, they can only steal a gift. If they choose not to steal and keep the one they have, the game is over. If they decide to steal then the game continues until someone wants to keep their gift. (Sometimes there were trades after the game was over. lol)
  • One variation, each participant can only be stolen from three times at which point they are out of the game and the gift they're left holding is theirs to keep unless they want to steal or choose an unwrapped gift.
Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

We used to play that game at my office's Christmas holiday party.  I always lost.

One sister-in-law did her best to keep me from getting the gift I wanted most... then my mom started stealing it from her so I could steal it back and SIL couldn't steal it again. 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

One sister-in-law did her best to keep me from getting the gift I wanted most... then my mom started stealing it from her so I could steal it back and SIL couldn't steal it again. 😇

Funny thing about this was (and I forgot to mention) SIL is the one who came up with the Dirty Santa. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.