How are you feeling today?

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, update .... The temperature has climbed dramatically -- it's in the mid 20s F now -- and it's snowing like crazy.  We have had about an inch and a half of new snow in the past hour, and it shows no sign of stopping.  This is definitely my favorite time of year.   As soon as I eat a bite of lunch, I'm headed out for a walk.

Oh, and my computer? It seems to have been saying that it was trying to update Win 10 for the second time in a week.  It just finished, and it seems to be more or less normal again.  Frankly, I don't see a difference, but if the machine is happy, I am.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 7

But other than the toothache, my mood is surprizingly upbeat.  Yes, work sucks, yes I hate having to bite my tongue in meetings as the so called "normies" talk about all their Xmas prep fun, yeah, I don't feel good, but I don't care.

I have a healthy F@#!k it all attitude that I hope will continue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

OHHHHH. Awwww! I just want to reach through the monitor and hug this kitteh!

As for light therapy, I started it a few months ago and it seems to be working. It isn't a HUGE difference, but a good, noticeable one. My doctor gave me a list of things to look for and I bought this one on Amazon. I like it. I like how you can arrange the light in different ways. I thought it a good value for the price. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IU9MMPI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kitteh says thank you. :)  The lamp you linked to isn't available in the UK, unfortunately, but it's given me an idea of what to look for; I didn't know you could get ones that move like that. :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, we've made it to December 9th, but it's a Monday.

How are we all doing today?

I'm tired, but feeling pretty good. I'm about to get lost in Excel spreadsheets for a few hours. I know that sounds like hell to some people, but I actually enjoy it, so that'll be nice. It's rainy and overcast, though, and I forgot to bring my lunch and noticed that one of my tires needs air so I'll be going out and spending money at lunch that I didn't plan to spend. Yuck. 

All in all, I think I'm pretty chill today.  

I'm frustrated as heck.  Can't work because all of the engineering servers are down due to some VM issue.  Gnashing my teeth because this is the second such outage in 3 weeks and I'm pushing to hit me deadline at the end of this week.

I suppose I could do that stupid yearly performance self-evaluation thingy that I absolutely hate, but I'll probably continue to procrastinate on that until the last day possible.

So... in the mean time, I'm amusing myself with the forums.  This means that folks need to pick it up and post more stuffs for me to read.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Hmmm interesting idea.  We could change the How in the thread title to Who  and have some fun

Strokes beard in thought.

Today, I feel like Orwar Furlgrimr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I started off productively with some Christmas prep.  I got fed up of the lame contents of Christmas crackers so decided to do something myself.  I have put together little gift bags instead with a decent small present,  Christmas hats/reindeer ears that won't rip like those paper things you normally get,  a joke and a little chocolate and lots of sequins and silver shred.  They will also double up as name tags for place settings. 

So pleased with myself I was feeling good and its not raining so I got all coated up and took a coffee out in the garden for a bit. I was enjoying watching 2 robins at the bird feeder.  All lovely and relaxing until TWO BLOODY PHONE CALLS ONE AFTER THE OTHER. First trying to scam me into pressing one to cancel my amazon prime subscription (that I don't have) and the second wanting me to just answer a few questions from a very persistent lady.  (I put the phone down on her and she rang straight back!)  Both different legitimate looking numbers which I answered instead of letting them go to answerphone because I am waiting on an important call.   Totally ruined my mood and set me off on one of those if it stays still long enough I am going to eat it rampages *sighs*  and I haven't stopped munching since.  :/ 

Here is a very nasty development I just learned about recently.  Never say "Yes" to a robocall or any caller you don't recognize...

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/fcc-warns-consumers-phone-scam/story?id=46405703

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Wow  they just get worse 😠

I stopped answering the phone years ago. The only time I answer now is when I know the number and/or expecting a call.

I have gotten a spoofed call from my own phone number before. Was weird seeing my own number come up on the caller ID. So even if you know the number, it could still be a spoofed call.

Bad thing is, most of these calls originate from boiler rooms outside the US so the FCC can't really do much to stop it without cooperation from other governments.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Like many in the USA, I am feeling like this must be the last straw.

At the risk of turning this thread political, I've just accepted that there are certain people in the US that will excuse literally anything the orange oaf does. I consider those people willfully (and that word is very important) stupid and have just written them off as war casualties. The rest of us, and the rest of the world (other than the orange oaf's boss Vladimir) are moving forward without him.  

And it's glorious!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.