SECOND LIFE NOW CHARGING TO POST EVENTS...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

What is interesting was they mentioned it in their blog and thought the charges wouldn't hit til next year when the new event thing came out. Didn't expect them to start it early. Think that what caught many off guard.

And as soon as it was announced, many went in and scheduled events for the entire next year (One of them actually posted about it in the other thread about this subject... or was it this one?) SO, yeah, I cheer that they implemented it immediately.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Belle Kingmaker said:

I think it is totally ridiculous for Second Life to now charge 10L$ per event that is posted.  I pay $229 (not Linden dollars!) a month for my full sim.  You would think sim owners would be given a small consideration for posting events since we pay so much monthly.  Seriously considering letting my sim go.  This is just another reason traffic is dropping in Second Life...

May I ask how many events you're posting that the 10L$ charge will be a significant cost to you?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, Belle Kingmaker said:

I think it is totally ridiculous for Second Life to now charge 10L$ per event that is posted.  I pay $229 (not Linden dollars!) a month for my full sim.  You would think sim owners would be given a small consideration for posting events since we pay so much monthly.  Seriously considering letting my sim go.  This is just another reason traffic is dropping in Second Life...

You're right. They should let you post events for free - and go back to paying $295 a month for your sim like you used to. Because obviously you post more than 1650 events a month, which is what you'd need to do to end up on the wrong end of that equation.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
On 12/5/2019 at 5:47 AM, Belle Kingmaker said:

You're right. They should let you post events for free - and go back to paying $295 a month for your sim like you used to. Because obviously you post more than 1650 events a month, which is what you'd need to do to end up on the wrong end of that equation.

You are so wrong! Don't you understand that paying less than $0.00 (Actually @ L$260:$1 = 0.003) is a HUGE burden when already paying $295.00, wait,, I mean $229.00 each month?

/sarcasm=off

~snorts~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Belle Kingmaker said:

Yeah, wonder what you pay...

I owned an estate with 3 full regions and two homestead regions. Simultaneously. So... yeah. I know what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.