SECOND LIFE NOW CHARGING TO POST EVENTS...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it is totally ridiculous for Second Life to now charge 10L$ per event that is posted.  I pay $229 (not Linden dollars!) a month for my full sim.  You would think sim owners would be given a small consideration for posting events since we pay so much monthly.  Seriously considering letting my sim go.  This is just another reason traffic is dropping in Second Life...

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Belle Kingmaker said:

Hardly special.  More like totally pissed...Maybe more people should speak up about what Linden is doing rather than disparaging the residents.  

Actually most people wanted this. Its purpose is to reduce spam in the listings.

If you don't want to pay the fee, don't post in the Events listings. Use groups instead. No-one reads the listings anyway, because there's too much spam in them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Actually most people wanted this. Its purpose is to reduce spam in the listings.

If you don't want to pay the fee, don't post in the Events listings. Use groups instead. No-one reads the listings anyway, because there's too much spam in them.

The unfortunate thing is that there is so much spam that attrition will take a year before the events list is where it should be.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The unfortunate thing is that there is so much spam that attrition will take a year before the events list is where it should be.

unless... they (LL) takes only the paid postings and TELLS upfont to clear everything else out, lets say, a week before christmas

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

unless... they (LL) takes only the paid postings and TELLS upfont to clear everything else out, lets say, a week before christmas

That would be awesome. Though I'm not sure I would wish the resulting super-vitriolic lash-back that would ensue onto my worst enemies (and I have no doubt I have them here LOL)

• Like 2

Same old apologists here - move the Adult sex crap to it's own Category.  Learn to use Categories and Search.  There is no spam if you know what you are doing.  There is already a long thread about this - so this one will soon be closed.  The only result of this extra fee so far is to make it MORE difficult to find a performer or DJ Event!

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

There is no spam if you know what you are doing.  [...]  The only result of this extra fee so far is to make it MORE difficult to find a performer or DJ Event!

There is no difficulty if you know what you are doing. Join their group.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

There is no difficulty if you know what you are doing. Join their group

If you join a venue's group, you won't be using SL Events for that venue.  So from your argument, SL should simply close down the Events listing entirely.  

Everyone here claims they don't know what they are looking for in Events, and all they see is spam.  When you use Google Search, do you have any idea what keywords you want to search with?  SL Events should be used by those looking for an event they do not know about, or finding where a performer will be that day. It's ridiculous to think everyone has enough groups for every DJ, club, performer, clothing shops, sales events, social groups, etc.  If you are looking for a new artist, or performer, or music venue, you will not already be in their group, will you? 

I stopped using Events to find things to do more than 10 years ago because of all the crap I had to sift through so I'm not completely opposed to the 10Ls. It's the 50Ls for basics that chaps my @$$. I get they want more premium accounts and why. I get they would prefer premiums to pay monthly as well. What I don't get is punishing those of us who can't afford premium. Especially in an age where phones and internet are no longer luxuries but necessities.

3 hours ago, Belle Kingmaker said:

Seriously considering letting my sim go.  This is just another reason traffic is dropping in Second Life...

If you're posting an event a day at the L$10 rate it'll cost you $0.28 a week at L$50 it'll cost around $1 a week i think any idea of getting rid of a region over such a paltry amount is a bit rash.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Same old apologists here - move the Adult sex crap to it's own Category.  Learn to use Categories and Search.  There is no spam if you know what you are doing.  There is already a long thread about this - so this one will soon be closed.  The only result of this extra fee so far is to make it MORE difficult to find a performer or DJ Event!

That was bad advice the first time it was posted, and is still bad advice.

Quite a few legit places and events are adult, on adult land. 

It also doesn't stop the stores and "modelling" events. 

• Like 2

Basically...

The days of the Calendar being spammed like the local chat of some cheesy Sl club are gone.

No more 5000-event entries that just say

::::: TUNE ::::: !!!

- good freaking bye...

No more events that are:

-23.7 minutes left for DJ SpamsALot, 500L on the board, theme is: gesturbation, TP your victims - WOOT - This DJ Rawkz!!!

And 8 seconds later:

-23.6 minutes left for DJ SpamsALot, 500L on the board, theme is: gesturbation, TP your victims - WOOT - This DJ Rawkz!!!

... won't see you... won't miss you... get lost offa my calendar

DramaBabyYoda.png

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 11

8 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

There's already a thread about this:

$229 a month does not make you special.

And a Linden staff person probably will secure this thread since the other one is still active.

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Basically...

The days of the Calendar being spammed like the local chat of some cheesy Sl club are gone.

No more 5000-event entries that just say

::::: TUNE ::::: !!!

- good freaking bye...

No more events that are:

-23.7 minutes left for DJ SpamsALot, 500L on the board, theme is: gesturbation, TP your victims - WOOT - This DJ Rawkz!!!

And 8 seconds later:

-23.6 minutes left for DJ SpamsALot, 500L on the board, theme is: gesturbation, TP your victims - WOOT - This DJ Rawkz!!!

... won't see you... won't miss you... get lost offa my calendar

Sadly still see many of those --- and avoid those clubs like the plague.

One live music club told me now they will simply list the nights performers in one post instead of one for each performer.  Ironically I actually did that about a year ago and one of the performers didn't like the combo listing. :(

4 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

And a Linden staff person probably will secure this thread since the other one is still active.

One live music club told me now they will simply list the nights performers in one post instead of one for each performer.  Ironically I actually did that about a year ago and one of the performers didn't like the combo listing. :(

Advertising your events is one of the costs of doing business.

It's about time it actually had a cost.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Some performers will change their tune about it, some won't. Those that won't will get left by the wayside.

There is nothing wrong with creating a list with all performers for a day or a week. Consolidating is actually a good thing as it puts all the info in one place at one time and allows customers to plan ahead which could result in more profit/income. These days being able to plan ahead is extremely important for most people.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.