Land Auction

rustyquinn2015

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, rustyquinn2015 said:

So I bought land from the land auction, I put my max bid at 7593L and LL took the money from my account, but I don't know what I actually bought the land for. Last time I had checked, I was the only bidder at around 1600Ls but I only got back 2983Ls. Also when I checked the land before bidding the prims were at over 2000 now they are at 1126...am I missing something? I'm starting to feel cheated.

People can automate the bidding so that in the last minutes the price can change a LOT. Likely that is what happened.  The only way you would know is to watch the bids at the very end of the auction.   Have no idea why the LI would change assuming that is the same lot.  The land impact is determined by the size of the plot. So 175 Li FOR EACH 512  size lot. Make sure that there aren't items that belong to others on the land  -- in case you didn't do that.    You could take a screenshot of the land tab with object and paste in here. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rustyquinn2015 said:

the prims were at over 2000 now they are at 1126

There are two different numbers, one for the parcel's capacity, the other for the total capacity of all parcels in the region with the same owner. If there happened to be other land with the same owner (maybe two in the auction queue, only one of which was actively at auction), the total across the region would be more for that owner. So that's one possibility.

Rusty, Chic is spot on.

Check your $L Transaction History...it will show the transaction to LL, and show you exactly what your winning bid was.  If you got the land at almost $L3000 below the maximum you were prepared to pay, be happy!

When on the parcel, right click the ground, choose About Land.  Look in the Objects tab.  You'll see several numbers.

Region land capacity:  This is the max prims that the land owner has available, given ALL the land she holds in the region.  If LL owned more than one parcel, you might have been looking at this number.  If the land you just won is your only parcel in the region, the region capacity should now show as exactly the same as the...

...Parcel land capacity:  This is the max prims FOR THE PARCEL.  This should not have changed.

The "available capacity" numbers just show how many prims haven't been used yet.  There may be objects on the land using up some of its capacity.  As the new owner, you can Return these.

• Like 1

I have been thinking of buying land through an action , Im wanting land business wise and personal wise. I have been renting but thats so much i feel when i could just buy the land and own it. I heard you pay LL so much does anyone know how much a week or month that is? Also whats your thoughts on buying land is it toatlly worth it or naw?

1 hour ago, babygurlalways said:

I have been thinking of buying land through an action , Im wanting land business wise and personal wise. I have been renting but thats so much i feel when i could just buy the land and own it. I heard you pay LL so much does anyone know how much a week or month that is? Also whats your thoughts on buying land is it toatlly worth it or naw?

Hello @babygurlalways!

There are three ways of buying land.  For the first two, you need to be a Premium member.  A Premium membership can be paid for on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.  Monthly, it costs $11.99.  Once you have a Premium membership, you can buy land through the land auctions or you can buy the land directly from another Resident.

• Auctions.  These work like eBay auctions.  You enter the highest bid you're willing to pay for.  If no one outbids you, you get the land, but at a price just a little over the next lowest bid, not necessarily your maximum bid.
  • Direct purchase.  If you enable the "Land Sale" box on your world Map, the yellow parcels you see there are ones offered for sale.  When you find one you like, go there.  Right click the ground, select About Land, and click the Buy Land button.  Follow the prompts to purchase the land.

The third way to buy land does not require a Premium membership, but it's costly.  You can buy an entire private region from LL for an initial fee of $349 USD.  Thereafter, you pay a monthly fee of $229 USD for the land.

Buying smaller parcels of land via auction or direct purchase may or may not require a monthly fee (beyond your Premium membership).  You can own up to 1,024 sq. m. of Mainland without a monthly land fee.  If you own more than that, you pay a monthly "tier" fee.  How much you pay depends on the total amount of mainland you own, beyond your "free" 1,024 sq. m.  See this table:

Capture.PNG.b1b02f53179371e479013be30a700ea0.PNG

If you compare the costs of renting Mainland, renting land on a Private Estate, or owning land directly from LL, I think you will find that in most cases, the costs are pretty close.  Is it worth it?  In my opinion, yes it is...although you will find plenty of people who disagree.  It is especially worth it if you can manage to run some kind of business on your land that will make enough money to pay the upkeep costs.

I teach a weekly class on SL land, on Saturdays at 12 noon SL Time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend...maybe I'll see you there!

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.