cannot rez boat at Blake Sea Marina

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm puzzled as to why I cannot rez my boat at Blake Sea - Half Hitch (51, 35, 30) - Orta, when I have done so there before. Now I get notices I cannot rez it there at all. What gives? Do I have to be a member of the Blake Sea group? I went to the same spot where I was able to rez my boat before, and now it will not let me. Puzzled.....

Sometimes rezzing on water can be tricky especially if there is an angle to the water in your view as you do it. Try camming vertically down on the water and then rezzing, sometimes (especially with invisible prims around) even that does not work and you have to cam down to the sea floor for a surface to rezz your boat on.

I'm puzzled, too. Half Hitch (51, 35, 30) is in open sea, and not a rezzable spot.

The rez zones at Half Hitch Harbour are:-

To the south of the pier at (132, 39, 22)

*To the north of the pier at (109, 49, 22)

*To the north of the pier at (95, 127, 21)

Your avatar needs to be IN the rez zone. For the two marked with an asterisk, you can stand on the very edge of the upturned ramps, at the ends of the stub piers, and be in the rez zone.

The other one needs you to jump in the water, or hover over it!

Make sure your minimap is showing parcel boundaries (right-click the face of the minimap --> Show --> Parcel boundaries) and you will be able to see the rez zone (and the rez zones mentioned by @Alyona Su  in the NE of every Blake Sea region).

• 1 month later...

Aethelwine is correct.  This can actually happen anywhere.  Rez areas are often small 'boxed areas' and you have to rez your object directly in that box, but you do not have to have your avatar in the box itself.  The problem is that we tend to rez at an oblique angle and we are actually missing the rez area by that angle, even though we think we are aimed at the rez area.  Like she said, try viewing it overhead and rezzing directly in that rez area.  The larger the rez area the less likely you are of rezzing at an angle that misses the 'box'.  An example is when you rez in a region that allows open rez anyplace in that region.  You are still rezzing at an oblique angle, however since the region is open rez, there's no chance of missing the 'box' as the entire region is one.

This might be related:

b7b8e78ac02b7c0cb11036be4a325458.jpg

They might be taxing the system too much to rez, even though they're in the adjacent region.

There's a second stack of them on land. I had thought Tiny Empires, but this time it might just be weekly region restart related. My Bellisseria neighbor's bot is probably in there somewhere since he's not on her land right now and Coral Bay restarted an hour ago...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

14 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This might be related:

They might be taxing the system too much to rez, even though they're in the adjacent region.

There's a second stack of them on land. I had thought Tiny Empires, but this time it might just be weekly region restart related. My Bellisseria neighbor's bot is probably in there somewhere since he's not on her land right now and Coral Bay restarted an hour ago...

If they are in a Rez Zone when I pass over, I drop the depth charge.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:00 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

This might be related:

Wait. Wut? What are we looking at here? Why? How? I'm such a noob.

19 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wait. Wut? What are we looking at here? Why? How? I'm such a noob.

Right above them and to the 'right' is an infohub. It happens to be right next to the rezzing spot people were having trouble with. My guess was all these avatars were overloading something making rezzing problematic.

This screenshot is actually less than half the people that were there. There were 2 clusters like this, plus the usual sets of people actually wandering around.

Yesterday a lot of regions where offline.

At first I thought these were bots, but then I remembered all the offline regions. These folks probably got sent here as a result of sims cycling out. When sims restart it usually logs me out - but I know sometimes when you 'log in to last location' you can end up in an infohub if it lets you in at all.

So none of those people were bots, none of them did anything wrong... they just got stuck there when the places they were at had trouble. Maybe some of these folks were even trying to log in and getting error messages because the system couldn't figure out if they were already in or not...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.