Looking for a teacher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, TexasTime said:

Hi...I would like to learn to build but I know nothing so I would be starting from basics...I would like a 1 on 1 teacher because I learn better not in groups...Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I'll send you some free tintable wings I have with instructions.  See, what goes on a lot with SL creation is many creator's block access to the TEXTURE area of the edit menu so most people do not even know it exists.  Most creator's block it with what is called a resizer menu.  I also think many creator's did this because they figured the texture area of the edit menu was too difficult for most people to work or figure out...plus language issues.

It is important to learn how to use these tools that are built into every object in SL unless the creator has blocked them because many creator's do not block access to the texture area.  I do not block access to the texture area of my items unless it is a copy only item nor do a lot of other creators. 

What you will find in the texture tab of the edit menu is how to tint using SL's built in Color Palette.  Plus with the wings check the box that says full bright, check it on and off so you can see what the difference is.  The texture tab is also where you set the transparency of objects...in this case, the wings.  You can change the transparency of objects under the texture tab, set an amount for glow, use the color picker palette and even change textures there.

Contact me if you need any help.  Read my profile for best times to leave me an IM...however, I may be afk but I check my messages many times a day.

p.s.  Also on 'some' objects, even though they have a resizer menu, the texture area is still open and the object is fully modifiable.  It is good to check all hairs to see if they are tint-able even if the hair or object is reading copy only in your inventory as it may contain scripts which are no modify but the object itself is fully modifiable but it will read copy only in inventory because of no copy scripts.   Once I send you the notecard you will be able to do that - check any hairs you buy to see if you can tint them yourself.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.