reguarding partnering

stormlust

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

so a while back my partner informed me he had been banned from sl, and I had held out hope that he would be able to resolve his ban issues and come back but I think hes given up but im not sure as I haven't heard from him since. my question  is there a way to un-partner  with him to where I don't have to spend the L to do so?

16 answers to this question

From the Knowledge Base:

How to end a partnership

The person who "divorces" is charged L$25.  <<< --- This is approximately $0.10 US

Follow this procedure to dissolve a partnership:

1. Open the Partners page.
  2. Select "I, (your name), would like to dissolve my partnership with (your partner's name)."
  3. Click Submit.
    Your partnership is dissolved and your now-ex-partner is notified.

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ten cents isn't a financial hardship for most people. ;)

My RL ex-hubby had to return the bribe money my father gave him at our wedding... when we got divorced.

He still claims that taking the bribe, and returning it, were among the best things he's ever done.

Hardship needn't be financial!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My RL ex-hubby had to return the bribe money my father gave him at our wedding... when we got divorced.

He still claims that taking the bribe, and returning it, were among the best things he's ever done.

Hardship needn't be financial!

It seems to me that a bribe wedding is kind of the opposite of a shotgun wedding.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It seems to me that a bribe wedding is kind of the opposite of a shotgun wedding.

You pull out a shotgun to avoid the family embarrassment of an out-of-wedlock birth. That was never an issue for me.

You pull out a checkbook to make a problem go away. That was always an issue for me.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You pull out a shotgun to avoid the family embarrassment of an out-of-wedlock birth. That was never an issue for me.

You pull out a checkbook to make a problem go away. That was always an issue for me.

And the difference between a wedding bribe and a dowry is..?

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And the difference between a wedding bribe and a dowry is..?

I think it's in the degree of disconnect between the custom and the underlying intent. In the case of a dowry, there's some expectation that the bride's family will transfer some wealth to the groom's family, and that the distribution of that wealth will be under the groom's control. Patriarchy at its finest.

In my case, it was the culmination of 20 years of my father trying to get rid of me, which started the day I entered my terrible twos (and never left). Dad's delivery of the check, and the return of it ten years later, was entirely about the joke.

While some women might dream about having two men fighting over which gets to "keep" her, I lived the reality of two men who resolved the dispute amicably, financially, and over who "gets rid" of me. Patriarchy is something that both families are happy to lampoon.

...beams.

• Like 2

I think your Dad and your ex were both tetched in the head.  I'd pay to GET you, and would demand a very high price from anyone who'd want to buy you.

Of course, I might become annoyed with you from time to time and lock you in a lightless, soundproof, fireproof steel box.  A girl's got to have options.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, stormlust said:

so a while back my partner informed me he had been banned from sl, and I had held out hope that he would be able to resolve his ban issues and come back but I think hes given up but im not sure as I haven't heard from him since. my question  is there a way to un-partner  with him to where I don't have to spend the L to do so?

Chances are that he lied, and came back to SL as an alt.  This is because he was a cowardly lying cheat who didn't have the guts to end the relationship in person.  Find out the identity of his new alt, and go accuse him in public.  Demand that he pay the un-partnering fee.

Or...just pay the frigging fee, defriend and block his old account (just in case), return all his gifts and any of his furniture at your place, and carry on.

I know which one I would do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Chances are that he lied, and came back to SL as an alt.  This is because he was a cowardly lying cheat who didn't have the guts to end the relationship in person.  Find out the identity of his new alt, and go accuse him in public.  Demand that he pay the un-partnering fee.

Or...just pay the frigging fee, defriend and block his old account (just in case), return all his gifts and any of his furniture at your place, and carry on.

You didn't mention one of the best ones (SL version of a RL one). Create a new folder and call it "Amazing-in-bed lovers" and drop a dozen or so pictures of SL guys in there along with his picture. Then drop the folder to him with a message "Can you please delete your picture and send the rest back? I forget what you look like."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Of course, I might become annoyed with you from time to time and lock you in a lightless, soundproof, fireproof steel box.  A girl's got to have options.

I have an oxy-acetylene torch, ya know*.

*I recently had use for it in RL, but discovered the acetylene tank was empty. Mac took some heat for that, but I was still able to complete the task with my electric MIG wire welder. A girl's got to have options!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

You didn't mention one of the best ones (SL version of a RL one). Create a new folder and call it "Amazing-in-bed lovers" and drop a dozen or so pictures of SL guys in there along with his picture. Then drop the folder to him with a message "Can you please delete your picture and send the rest back? I forget what you look like."

Oh, you are EVIL! 

...sends you a BIG batch of Christmas cookies!

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, you are EVIL! 

...sends you a BIG batch of Christmas cookies!

My first heartbreak in RL. Dad suggested that with a shoebox and we did it together. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
So I don't sound like the creepy SL adult incest-play genre
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

well I know hes telling the truth cause his name doesn't show up when searched

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.