question about scripts running slow

Sorciaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

a week or so ago, i noticed my sliding doors on my plot began to close very slowly. I tried de rezing and rerezing the house but it had no effect. I have not really added anything I can think of that would slow things down but I dont know. may it be the sim just needs restarted, or would it be other issues that I need to look at.

There are some funky things going on with scripts these days. If you're up to staring at the Statistics Bar (Control-Shift-1), you may be able to find more details about whether the region is having general script performance problems, starting with the "Scripts Run" percentage shown in the post I linked above.

If that percentage is low, and if you can arrange to have the sim restarted, that's certainly worth a try -- bearing in mind that there have been reports of restarting five times to get back to normal performance, presumably luck-of-the-draw for ending up on a healthy server.

On the other hand, if the sim's Scripts Run percentage is like 80% or better and stable, then something else is going on and we'll need to investigate further.

A Mainland owner or Estate manager might also get a support Linden to come and investigate, if there's no obvious cause and solution.

45-55% isn't great, but it's not dreadful. I guess it could affect the speed of sliding doors, depending on the way they're scripted. Usually the first thing to "feel" slow is adjusting alpha cuts on a mesh avatar -- although that's not even a thing anymore on (the better brands of) Bakes-on-Mesh avatars, so that's not necessarily very helpful.

Usually when the scripts are in that range it's because of other content on the sim, either more scripts or something consuming higher priority sim processing such as physics. If there aren't obvious culprits like that, a restart would be a good step.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.