Legacy Body

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

You can buy the neck fades for legacy from the skinnery. 

for styles, after a certain date, you are unable to have old styles show up in the new edit hud. you'll have to contact those designers to see if they will update their appliers to Legacy. otherwise buy new appliers that work for Legacy. Many creators are updating their appliers to work for this mesh body.

I got everything to work, it seemed SL was having " issues " that day.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone!  I am new here and I recently purchased a Legacy mesh body.  As soon as I tried it, I liked it but I noticed that my body glowed at night.  So I went to the HUD to deactivate the function but I was not able and I still cannot.  After all, I said to myself, it won't be a problem.  I bought a head, but it doesn't shine in the dark.  I tried to activate the head function and it didn't work.  Could anyone help me?

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My only issue with the new Legacy (perky) are open toe and strap shoes (boots are fine I can hide the feet) with or without the deformer the feet simply do not fit the claimed Legacy versions of the shoes. I've tried the sliders to grow the shoes (feels counter intuitive growing feet and seeing  the shoe grow but not the foot) .... any idea's? 

On 12/2/2019 at 12:49 AM, xBaeBeex said:

are there any people out there who like their legacy body (if you have one) .. i havent heard any positive stuff .. and right now they have it 30% off..so 3,500 for it.. im really torn on weather to buy it or not.. the thing thats holding me off is the fact i havent heard the positives... (I am a maitreya user by the way) .. i have my omegas, i have nail art and tattoos and what not..so i know alot might not even work.. so im hmmmm... err.. should I.. halp?

1- They JUST had it 50% off over Black Friday.  If you feel you can 'wait' a little while longer to save some money, I'd at LEAST wait until the week of Xmas and see if they have a 50% off sale during that holiday sale time.  Oh and - No, Legacy doesn't advertise this (not even in group) so you just have to go by and 'see'.  I joined the Legacy Group in the hopes of being notified of sales around Black Friday as I too was looking to change bodies, and received NO notifications about sales. But hoped by the store on Black Friday and bam - 50% off sale was there.

2 - I was able to test my skins on the DEMO to find they were all working just fine.  Testing my tattoos, etc.  All on the DEMO.  These are Omega - several year OLD skins - that are NOT specific legacy compatible (they are just BOM/omega applied/older skins not specific designed for ANY body), all of them working fine.  Once I chose 'BOM' tag for the demo and got rid of the body-alpha attachment (included in the Legacy folder), bam, my 3-4 'several years old' skins and tattoos all worked great as just "BOM".   I was worried about this myself, but the fact that the fully functioning DEMO allowed me to see that it worked as intended helped me to feel more solid about the purchase. (of Legacy vs. another body).

3 - I haven't bothered with that 'style' window. I just put my clothes on from my inventory and bam, done. (Adjust alphas if necessary of course).  Its irrelevant whether they show up in the style window.  The only thing showing up in my style window was a BoM Lingerie I've had for a few years, and that includes items in my inventory I've recently bought that are 100% Legacy Labeled Body Compatible.  They don't appear in that 'style' window, so *meh* I just ignore it entirely.  Seems needless.

4 - I can't comment on the HUD or the independent server thing.  Its not something that bothers me (that the HUD loads from elsewhere) so it didn't factor into my decision. *shrugs*  What I based my decision on was buying a more creator-supported body then my favorite (Belleza Freyja) that still allowed me to be at least a little "Freyja-curviness" without going over-the-top (for me that's Reborn and Kupra).  I do use my HUD regularly as I am putting outfits on 3-4 RP characters of different timelines and styles so I build outfits ahead of time and adjust alphas, etc. as I go.  (I have over 100 appearances saved at this point and building more lol)  But I don't leave the HUD up if I'm walking around/interacting with world, etc.  so I've never noticed a 'slow HUD' issue when I'm just playing dress-up barbie.

5 - also can't comment on load times or complexities as I don't shop/visit busy public Sims wearing anything complex or with attachments all loaded up. (yes, please don't be that person!)  And I am use to using my Belleza already for that 'saved shopping/crowds' avatar so I just stick to that one *shrugs*.

I mean I've only had the body like, a couple weeks now, so I've only been able to play around with new outfits/dressing the AV a few times.  But so far, other than figuring out how the setup/buttons for various things differs from the Belleza HUD - I've had no issues or problems using it.  Working the same as the Belleza HUD always has. *shrugs*  (Course I also didn't use the Belleza HUD for 'styles/clothing' layers, etc.  Never had a need to and that hasn't changed with Legacy HUD.)

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 4:34 AM, Mother Mystic said:

Oh and if you want to go the extra mile and if you're into curvy bodies, grab the waist, booty and boob enhancers and it's just perfectionnn :3

- oh and they fixed those annoying body cracks too - 

Ok so - maybe I'm just blanking on the obvious here, but as a new Legacy owner - WHERE or "WHAT" Waist/booty/boob enhancers are you referring to?

I got the Maze Soft Thighs mod.  I DO know about the Nerido Boob Addon, so if you mean that /one/, I know about it.  No worries.  But I'm unsure about the waist or booty (or other boob) mods you mention.

1 hour ago, Koriani Ixchel said:

Ok so - maybe I'm just blanking on the obvious here, but as a new Legacy owner - WHERE or "WHAT" Waist/booty/boob enhancers are you referring to?

I got the Maze Soft Thighs mod.  I DO know about the Nerido Boob Addon, so if you mean that /one/, I know about it.  No worries.  But I'm unsure about the waist or booty (or other boob) mods you mention.

Back then, Legacy had just came out..They may have been talking about the deformers that came with the body back then so they could fit into other brands of clothes..

None of the body addons existed back then..

On 12/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, xBaeBeex said:

are there any people out there who like their legacy body (if you have one) .. i havent heard any positive stuff .. and right now they have it 30% off..so 3,500 for it.. im really torn on weather to buy it or not.. the thing thats holding me off is the fact i havent heard the positives... (I am a maitreya user by the way) .. i have my omegas, i have nail art and tattoos and what not..so i know alot might not even work.. so im hmmmm... err.. should I.. halp?

I change my body to legacy , male avi. they have better muscle insertion and look more proportional.

Hi everyone, I was a long-time (well, for virtual worlds) Maitreya user and just bought Legacy at the Black Friday Sale. The biggest change I've seen between the two is that I like Legacy better for a curvier body. Not an exaggerated curvy body but a realistic one.I was actually "OK" with Maitreya for this but now that I've tried it, I think Legacy is better. 

My chief incentive in buying Legacy was that Maitreya hasn't updated in a long time, and there are some clothing brands (especially Asian designers and those doing goth/urban stuff) that are not supporting Maitreya very well now.

4 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I'm interested to know what updates you think Maitreya needs.

Personally, just the arms/shoulders but if they did, most content I already have for Maitreya probably wouldn't fit.  I switched to Reborn (couldn't justify using Legacy any longer) during the summer when several tank tops would glitch horribly with the shoulders.  Haven't had that issue at all with Reborn.  

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, just the arms/shoulders but if they did, most content I already have for Maitreya probably wouldn't fit.  I switched to Reborn (couldn't justify using Legacy any longer) during the summer when several tank tops would glitch horribly with the shoulders.  Haven't had that issue at all with Reborn.  

I doubt very much that they would change those or any other aspects of the shape that would break existing clothing.  I think they would create a new body before that.  I was more interested in what features they thought were missing or it was deficient in.  In my opinion Lara is pretty much complete and cannot think of any they would need to add to "keep up" with other bodes that would have wide enough appeal to bother.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

Nothing at all wrong with liking Legacy and it's supported in tons of places too, but I often wear goth/streetwear/techwear and never had trouble finding outfits for Maitreya. Only one shop that I know of is Legacy only, but there are plenty that serve that market and have things for several bodies. Mixing and matching from all over the grid keeps me from having to rely on one place, too.

As far as updates, I haven't really wanted anything for my Maitreya that I can't get from a third-party. The shoulders are always my biggest gripe, but there are deformers for those (that I don't use - I'd rather just whine 😄).

8 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I have used the shoulder deformers too.

I think for me the Maitreya bodies just look a little more stiff, not "soft" - and believe me, I played with those shapes for like three years, it wasn't like I hadn't tried a lot of things.

So this isn't really about a lack of updates because this isn't the type of thing that I would expect body creators would update for.  It's a fundamental aesthetic of the body and not something that is broken as such.

I think it is important to differentiate because if a body creator is not keeping up with fundamental features (such as bento, BoM, etc.) then it will be perceived as out of date.  However if the body isn't missing anything important then it would be wrong for it to be perceived as out of date just because there is no reason to update.  How frequently a body gets updates isn't necessarily a sign of how well it is supported, maintained or a measure of it's quality (it can be a sign of quite the opposite in fact).

Maitreya Lara is a mature product having been around for a long time and the creator has kept up with every important feature update so far.  It doesn't really need any updates until some new thing comes along that changes that.

The reason it may look smoother is because of the amount of visible triangles it needs to pull that off..  Each one of it's components  has more rezz weight  than most popular complete mesh bodies..

If visible triangles mean anything at all with rezzing.. It's like wearing 3 complete mesh bodies at the same time.

That's insane if those numbers mean anything.. hehehe

Notice how I keep saying, if they mean anything? because we keep getting told things don't mean anything after being told they do.. like complexity.. so I'm playing it safe.. hehehe

But if they do, wow that's a lot of cheeze on that pizza.. lol

• Like 3

I made the switch to Legacy Perky a few months ago, and I don't regret it one bit; it's just the right amount of curvy, and its bake on mesh capabilities are a game-changer for me because I can add in (and just as easily remove) so many little details that TMP and the first iterations of Legacy were just not capable of.

Every time I go back and compare old photos of my avatar to her now, the new Charlotte makes them all look like absolute garbage.

My only complaint is that trying to use fit deformers (in the RARE times I need them) tends to completely break the scripting, necessitating a redelivery. So that's a little weird.

Edited by epiclolz

On 12/1/2022 at 11:29 AM, Koriani Ixchel said:

I got the Maze Soft Thighs mod.  I DO know about the Nerido Boob Addon, so if you mean that /one/, I know about it.  No worries.  But I'm unsure about the waist or booty (or other boob) mods you menti

heyy look up MT and pretty liars. there are more stores that make deformers now but those are my go to ^^

On 12/4/2022 at 12:25 AM, PermaRuthed said:

People wonder why they're always lagging.

This is my normal complexity, nothing fancy, just me:

image.png.62a2c1370288aa10c7206673692c24f2.png

Then I tried the Legacy demo to see what the hoopla is about:

image.thumb.png.dd8012b9f9d75fd0db1308b5e7a53eac.png

Compare to Maitreya demo, numbers are half that:

image.thumb.png.49f95ec8d3be3b4290a6ae992f4ec686.png

while i do respect being mindful of other's rendering capabilities, i personally prefer the most up to date and realistic looks i can get. if i ever get in the way of other's experience, simply derender me :) i won't be resenting you for that ^^

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.