Legacy Body

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

are there any people out there who like their legacy body (if you have one) .. i havent heard any positive stuff .. and right now they have it 30% off..so 3,500 for it.. im really torn on weather to buy it or not.. the thing thats holding me off is the fact i havent heard the positives... (I am a maitreya user by the way) .. i have my omegas, i have nail art and tattoos and what not..so i know alot might not even work.. so im hmmmm... err.. should I.. halp?

Long story short if you don't mind the occasional glitches, sloooow HUDs, and the neck seam in some windlights regardless of what you try (lol) - go for it.

All the big stores are making clothes for it now and even updating old items. You've got deformers too, just in case some of your fav items don't get updated. Literally ALL Maitreya shoes will work, high, flat, doesn't even matter. lol

VAW updated their products for it if you're into smexi stuff 😆 Even most "high end" appliers got a Legacy revamp - at least mine did.

I think I've been wearing it for over 6months now and it's driving me crazy sometimes with just how sloooow it is but the shape is just sooo yummm so once you get it right it's just soo pleasing to stare at. lol 

Oh and if you want to go the extra mile and if you're into curvy bodies, grab the waist, booty and boob enhancers and it's just perfectionnn :3

- oh and they fixed those annoying body cracks too - 

Edited by ErukaVonD
tiny typo :3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@xBaeBeex

It is definitely superior to Maitreya in every way in terms of build-quality. I'm not bashing Maitreya, it just is what it is. As for the HUD: Yes, it's slower than most, but why would you need to keep the HUD going if you only use it once in a while? HUD debates with Legacy is moot.

One major thing about Lagacy on the Maitreya subject: It comes with attachable deformers. All my Maitreya clothing fits the Legacy and many of those fit the Legacy better than they fit the Maitreya. This protects your investment in all those Maitreya-compatible outfits. Most better creators also are now supporting Legacy in they creations. Search Marketplace for "Legacy" and go into the apparel category, sort by newest first. You can see wardrobe will not be an issue.

The Legacy also is more flexible in shape sliders than Maitreya - you can do petite quite well all the way up to Belleza Freya/Isis sized and with the high-polygon mesh, the model shape is stunning.

It's also Bakes on mesh ready out of the box.

Edited by Alyona Su

Well, the positives have already been stated, so here's some reasons why you might not want it:

It's over 800k polygons. In comparison, the slink bodies are about 16k, and the Maitreya a bit over 200k. Everyone around you will suffer worse performance, and thanks to SL being SL, having a gaming computer doesn't help much.

The script count is massive, and you have no option of deleting the scripts, so you probably shouldn't wear it to any events.

Finally, TMP, the company that made it, has previously cut and run on their products, leaving customers high and dry without delivering promised updates.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

Well, the positives have already been stated, so here's some reasons why you might not want it:

It's over 800k polygons. In comparison, the slink bodies are about 16k, and the Maitreya a bit over 200k. Everyone around you will suffer worse performance, and thanks to SL being SL, having a gaming computer doesn't help much.

The script count is massive, and you have no option of deleting the scripts, so you probably shouldn't wear it to any events.

Finally, TMP, the company that made it, has previously cut and run on their products, leaving customers high and dry without delivering promised updates.

But it has so much support!

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

@xBaeBeex

It is definitely superior to Maitreya in every way in terms of build-quality. I'm not bashing Maitreya, it just is what it is.

That's true for several brands... Some of which, like Belleza; also have widescale support.

Nothing has the same level of support as Maitreya though - they made it easy to get in on the act by making it hard to support others (or so I heard - that they used to only give kits to people who agreed to be Maitreya-exclusive), and they did this at a time when some other brands made the stupid move of not giving out any kits because they were working on updates...

I'll have to grab a demo of Legacy to cross compare... their older TMP product fiasco gave me a very very very sour impression of the company - but if the bad actors have been pushed out and the people now in charge are different (as happened when Phoenix went to Firestorm), maybe it's time to give them a chance again...

13 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That's true for several brands... Some of which, like Belleza; also have widescale support.

Nothing has the same level of support as Maitreya though - they made it easy to get in on the act by making it hard to support others (or so I heard - that they used to only give kits to people who agreed to be Maitreya-exclusive), and they did this at a time when some other brands made the stupid move of not giving out any kits because they were working on updates...

I agree. I use Belleza on this account and Legacy on my other account. I have Maitreya for both. As for support, I think that's really a moot subject unless one is just starting out and even then, most have very large community support. Personally, I like Belleza the best, Legacy second. I also have most of the others in terms of well-known brands, but I always kept coming back to my Belleza. The Legacy is the first non-belleza I am actually sticking with because it really is very good.

In my mind regarding any mesh body, a lot of the detractors harp on subjects that are either moot or minimal concerns.

As I've always said (and know for fact) there are two types of shopper: those where price is priority and those where quality is priority and though there is always overlap, there is a balance, like the old style weight-scale, some put more points into lower price, others put more points into model (and other features) quality.

The most important thing in all of it is: Choice. :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

In my mind regarding any mesh body, a lot of the detractors harp on subjects that are either moot or minimal concerns.

For me the issues have been very technical - but I've opened that can of worms a lot in many places.

It also was that way for TMP. The locked in HUD system and the lack of any definition in the genital region were both major issues for me. They did have the best bosom shape and response to bosom physics at the time though. So... I guess sometime today I will grab a legacy demo and see what I think.

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The locked in HUD system and the lack of any definition in the genital region were both major issues for me.

I don't know about the original body version, but the genital zone of the Legacy is perfect (with the default skins, anyway). As for the HUD, I never use it (except for initial set-up) - The same for all my body HUDs. I feel there are too many easier work-arounds for relying on the the HUD.

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't know about the original body version, but the genital zone of the Legacy is perfect (with the default skins, anyway). As for the HUD, I never use it (except for initial set-up) - The same for all my body HUDs. I feel there are too many easier work-arounds for relying on the the HUD.

On TMP you had to use a HUD to apply skins, and it was a networked HUD so if they're external server was/is offline you couldn't change your skin. They didn't support Omega or have an un-networked applier system. Creators had to hand over UUIDs to their server to get an item to give to people that would grant that UUID access to your body on your body's account on their server... or something weird like that.

43 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

On TMP you had to use a HUD to apply skins, and it was a networked HUD so if they're external server was/is offline you couldn't change your skin. They didn't support Omega or have an un-networked applier system. Creators had to hand over UUIDs to their server to get an item to give to people that would grant that UUID access to your body on your body's account on their server... or something weird like that.

Once BOM becomes a true thing, Omega is all but dead. They see the writing on the wall, which I suspect, is why they raised their prices pretty close to when BOM was made public. As for applying skins, and other options: those are usually done only once every ... blue moon? The argument about a networked HUD is of minimal concern and could be described as a chicken-little argument. Once settings are set, it is rare to have need for the HUD, except once in a long while. Granted, if you (general) are one of those types who find yourself dipping into the HUD on a regular basis, then it is a legitimate argument and therefor this would be a concern and a point into your "cons" column.

I'm not trying to debate you or change your mind on anything. I am only trying to counter-balance the points you put forth as major concerns with the more likely "minor concern" levels they usually turn out to be.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ErukaVonD said:

- oh and they fixed those annoying body cracks too - 

Unless there's a brand new update that happened in the last few days and which is not even listed on their website or MP (which still has 1.1) - they did not fix the cracks at all. One between the breasts is always there, even on ground level, altitude ones are still there as well. They did remove the female body demo from MP, though. Must be wanting people to enjoy their "wonderful" shopping experience in-world. Which makes normal testing (for those cracks, too) close to impossible.

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's still the same. Plus the need for media to be enabled and on autoplay. Although can't say I remember if original TMP body HUD needed media on as well, it's been far too long since I did demo it and not sure I even used the HUD back then, since I didn't like how it looks in general, so whole demo time was 5 minutes tops.

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Once BOM becomes a true thing, Omega is all but dead. They see the writing on the wall, which I suspect, is why they raised their prices pretty close to when BOM was made public. As for applying skins, and other options: those are usually done only once every ... blue moon? The argument about a networked HUD is of minimal concern and could be described as a chicken-little argument. Once settings are set, it is rare to have need for the HUD, except once in a long while. Granted, if you (general) are one of those types who find yourself dipping into the HUD on a regular basis, then it is a legitimate argument and therefor this would be a concern and a pint into your "cons" column.

I don't think omega will be dead for stuff like appliers anytime soon. There is stuff like body shine/other special effects (water drops, sweat etc) that need materials and unless LL makes BoM 2.0 at some point (knowing LL - in 2025 at best), the appliers are here to stay at least for 1 layer. And not all creators are happy to upload and setup hundreds of textures just for one product, so they stick to Omega since for bodies it usually works just fine, unlike for the heads. Skins - yeah, probably, but from my experience omega skins were pretty useless anyway. Even within one brand an applier made for a specific head often looks very off on another (i.e. something made for Catwa Catya looks bad on Catwa *something else* or classic Genus skin looks off on Genus babyface. Not always the case, but very common).

As for applying skins and other options. It really does depend. I met a few people who change their look daily, from mesh heads to skins, with tons of other skin related options. For those types, like you said, a slow network based HUD can be an issue.

I personally don't change my look all that often (once every couple of years or so, if not count early SL years), but for me issues with network based HUD are: I have media disabled permanently. And to use this HUD I need to turn it on... for some unknown reason. First and hopefully last time I see something like this. And the other one, I don't want to rely on some, let's call them an *unknown person* to keep server running. You can say that LL can shut down servers anytime soon and you would be correct, however LL is a company and business, with investors, share holders and what not, profitable one even (despite all that sansar stuff that happened) while a creator(s) for any product in SL can be just a guy in their basement playing with software until he got bored and moved to do something else. So as far as I'm concerned, product bought in SL and for SL should be fully usable in SL, without need for extra servers and 3rd party things.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The argument about a networked HUD is of minimal concern and could be described as a chicken-little argument. Once settings are set, it is rare to have need for the HUD, except once in a long while. Granted, if you (general) are one of those types who find yourself dipping into the HUD on a regular basis, then it is a legitimate argument and therefor this would be a concern and a point into your "cons" column.

So they still use a networked HUD?

If so... that's game over.

It means only approved people can make skins for the body, and you can't use 'any old skin' as you can with Omega.
Though I don't do them commercially - I have been known to use my own skins for effects. Especially applying them to bump and specular layers for materials. I should NOT need to be an approved shop just to mess with my avatar's skin...
- One notable case of this though was when I did a review of the breasts of every major brand of mesh body (at the time I did that review). One thing to note in there is the TMP had a different skin from the others. That was because in other to make a fair test I used a homemade skin I had made in 2009 - not quality, but it was mine, so I could apply it to every brand to 'equalize the test'... except TMP...

In the past, the TMP server would often go offline for months at a time... leaving people locked out of their mesh body.

Some people change skin options daily, even hourly - especially for things like makeup effects. Not being able to change your lipstick or eyeliner for months... no can do.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

9 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If so... that's game over.

Sure, nothing wrong with that. Though you're still here.. :)

11 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

As for applying skins and other options. It really does depend.

Precisely. Context and scenario is everything and why nothing is ever back-and-white. I use BoM on my Legacy and also my Belleza, and because the onion skin layers are still there, I get materials, too. The real question is whether the onion-skin paradigm will ever go away. I suspect not.

i got one of the black friday ones and I am having a hard time getting head and body skins to match even though they are the same color from the same maker.

and the funny thing is, seems that server is either down, or very bogged down cause my styles are not coming up at all 😭

37 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

As I noted, I will check them out. If they do use a networked HUD, it's actually vital to warn people against the brand...

I believe that would be uncalled for. I could point out the major shoulder-underarm flaw of Maitreya and "warn people against the brand" - but that would just be looking down on the people who can judge for themselves. It's the same with any product: if there's a demo then let them demo and decide for themselves. The point is that your dislikes are not the same as everyone else's dislikes and likes, too, for that matter.

37 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

i got one of the black friday ones and I am having a hard time getting head and body skins to match even though they are the same color from the same maker.

and the funny thing is, seems that server is either down, or very bogged down cause my styles are not coming up at all 😭

There's a technique you should try with any body and head. For the Legacy, first turn off the skin shine. Then set your wind light to calWL - it gets the most uniform lighting in SL and is even better than any of the nam's WL for this purpose. This is where you will see the truest match effort. Also, be careful of the dreaded alpha glitch (it happens on all body-head matchmaking) - it could look like a break in the mesh, but it's not. There are ways to "kick it" and make it go away, but it's a viewer issues and what works for you may or may not work for others.

As for neck seams, no matter how hard you try (any body/head combo unless both by the same creator) will always be an issues and which wind light is in effect makes a dramatic difference good or bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

There's a technique you should try with any body and head. For the Legacy, first turn off the skin shine. Then set your wind light to calWL - it gets the most uniform lighting in SL and is even better than any of the nam's WL for this purpose. This is where you will see the truest match effort. Also, be careful of the dreaded alpha glitch (it happens on all body-head matchmaking) - it could look like a break in the mesh, but it's not. There are ways to "kick it" and make it go away, but it's a viewer issues and what works for you may or may not work for others.

As for neck seams, no matter how hard you try (any body/head combo unless both by the same creator) will always be an issues and which wind light is in effect makes a dramatic difference good or bad.

I will give that a try. to me it seems as the body skin is darker then the head, I dont see this problem with the Mait body even though the skins are the same ( Pink fuel )

I want to see if the neck blend the body has will cover the seam but that is if the styles start workiing

17 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

As I've always said (and know for fact) there are two types of shopper: those where price is priority and those where quality is priority and though there is always overlap, there is a balance, like the old style weight-scale, some put more points into lower price, others put more points into model (and other features) quality.

+ a 3rd category: those that value experiences. neither price nor quality are at the top of my list, but making the most out of my slife. fads come and go - i indulge into all of them because why not? sometimes great experiences can come out of it. it's all pretty pixels in the end. lol. maybe that's just mee and it's alright <33 

i bought legacy just because i wanted the experience. no regrets this far :3 

• Like 1

About networked body HUD. I just discovered that from my “StyleMod” of TMP body, which I bought sometime, the opportunity to change the textures of things from TMP Boutique was lost. What is next? Skins or third-party appliers for body will be taken away? Are Legacy sales going so bad that they want to make me pay again? And where is the guarantee that like that will not happen with new body? *upd Really "don't have"? You are seriously?

tmp.png

Edited by Qwestor Janus
added picture

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, Sorciaa said:

I will give that a try. to me it seems as the body skin is darker then the head, I dont see this problem with the Mait body even though the skins are the same ( Pink fuel )

I want to see if the neck blend the body has will cover the seam but that is if the styles start workiing

You can buy the neck fades for legacy from the skinnery. 

for styles, after a certain date, you are unable to have old styles show up in the new edit hud. you'll have to contact those designers to see if they will update their appliers to Legacy. otherwise buy new appliers that work for Legacy. Many creators are updating their appliers to work for this mesh body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.