Any fellow Vagabonds/Hippies/Communal folk?

buttonsnrubbish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been having a lot of fun bumming around SL and seeing where it takes me. I have given up my property and have a few places for changing and rezing what I need. Just curious if anyone else out there is a hippie/vagabond sort. Wanna share tales from the open road? Is it possible to live a fulfilling life without a home? Are there any groups out there or meetups I should know about? Pic of me in my current squat :P (I always clean up after myself, cause I'm not a d-bag like that)

fpic.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buttonsnrubbish said:

I've been having a lot of fun bumming around SL and seeing where it takes me. I have given up my property and have a few places for changing and rezing what I need. Just curious if anyone else out there is a hippie/vagabond sort. Wanna share tales from the open road? Is it possible to live a fulfilling life without a home? Are there any groups out there or meetups I should know about? Pic of me in my current squat :P (I always clean up after myself, cause I'm not a d-bag like that)

fpic.jpg

I have been a vagabond since I returned to SL recently. Previously I had a Linden home which I never used except right in the first moments of logging in

This is a great thread. I have nothing to share yet but I might start. Maybe we could start a gypsy community :)

• Like 5

On 12/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, buttonsnrubbish said:

Wanna share tales from the open road? Is it possible to live a fulfilling life without a home?

Would love to share! Also, sometimes it can felt, the desperation of no home. But, believing SL is home really helps. It gives a humble sense along the way too. "I own nothing, yet could experience everything" kind of feel. That's what I love in SL too. Owning and living is for RL, personally. In SL, nope. But I would like to have friends on mainland whom would like to share their home from time to time, when needed. Though still, the problem with the last statement is that, I myself don't have enough time to make and maintain friendship in SL, at least from past experiences. But but, I would really love to meet people who are just on the road. Always wanted to meet someone like that.

Is it too early in the new Bellisseria housing development to commandeer a Victorian and start a communal ‘art house’? <grins> 
My old Linden home hasn't been touched in months so I could bestir myself and get a new one...

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Spelling, I refuse to call it ‘Belli’.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.