more documentation for Trillia than to vote!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

what the heck is up with Trillia? I had (begrudgingly) sent my DL and a utility biill to an unknown company to "prove"  who I am even though I in fact do have a verified PayPal account, so I could make a transfer of funds to PayPal . Then a couple months later, I go to sell Lindens and make another transfer back to PayPal - and now Trillia says I need to "re prove" I am the person they more than happily took funds from the last time I made a transaction. Like seriously, there is more documentation required for them to skim off the top than what I need to be able to vote!  So now i got all these Lindens 'parked' in a Trillia account literally being held hostage unless I can prove to them again, I am the same person as last time that sent funds to a verified paypal account!

22 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

what the heck is up with Trillia? I had (begrudgingly) sent my DL and a utility biill to an unknown company to "prove"  who I am even though I in fact do have a verified PayPal account, so I could make a transfer of funds to PayPal . Then a couple months later, I go to sell Lindens and make another transfer back to PayPal - and now Trillia says I need to "re prove" I am the person they more than happily took funds from the last time I made a transaction. Like seriously, there is more documentation required for them to skim off the top than what I need to be able to vote!  So now i got all these Lindens 'parked' in a Trillia account literally being held hostage unless I can prove to them again, I am the same person as last time that sent funds to a verified paypal account!

Tilia is a licensed money transmitter in California. Their regulator is the California Department of Business Oversight. From the Tilia terms of service: "If you have complaints with respect to any aspect of the money transmission activities provided by Tilia, you may contact the California Department of Business Oversight at its toll-free telephone number, 1-866-275-2677, by e-mail at consumer.services@dbo.ca.gov, or by mail at Department of Business Oversight, Consumer Services, 1515K Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814."

The Department of Business Oversight official online complaint form is here.

Linden Lab has chosen to enter the financial services industry, and that carries with it substantial legal obligations. In that area, they do not have the power to do whatever they want.

In the financial world, withdrawal difficulty is usually considered a sign of financial trouble.

I would like to add that Tilia is a licensed (and regulated) money transmitter in all 50 states. The information for residents of the other 49 US states will need to read Tilia's web page on which state office they need to contact with their inquiries or issues regarding how Tilia does or does not do their job.

23 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Why not contact them directly and find out?

https://www.tilia-inc.com/complaint/

1 hour ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

...exactly. 

And that suggests that, like with online banks, if you log in from a "different" IP address you may have to jump through identity hoops. 

I certainly hope not as that is just ridiculous considering outside of America dynamic IP addresses are common.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.