would you like your children to play second life?..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter joined SL in 2007, a few months after her 18th birthday (I actually thought she started shortly before she turned 18 but I just checked her profile and I was wrong).  She's 30 now, and is

Alrighty, now that I've finished cleaning this thread up a bit, I wanted to drop in here to remind everyone to please remain on topic when engaging on a thread on the Second Life Forums. More importan

Me too!   Truth is your virginity resets every time you relog 😇

Posted Images

I'll answer this because I considered this at one point in time and then I woke up to reality and decided not to. Meaning there are elements in SL I'd rather not expose them to. If they were to find it on their own that is fine because that is one thing. They don't need my help in finding it for them though. lol The only reason I even considered it in the first place was because I live in a different state and do miss them and obviously would have loved the platform in order to spend time with them doing things together. The reason I say I woke up and shot it down is because of all the shady adult elements and situations people can create and get themselves in to on here and it just wasn't worth the risk to me. So I decided to go with other platforms instead with less issues. Plus not only that, but they'd probably have questions on some things I'd rather them not ask me and I don't really want explain to them how I know all this crap in the first place. lol It would just be to weird. So no just no. I am their parent, not their friend and that's where it is and that's where it stays. I'm kool, but not that kool. Lmao!!!! ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
On 11/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, Talligurl said:

Once they are old enough why not, lots of video games are far worse than anything in SL

No there is not. That is absolutely incorrect. I am sorry as a gamer I gotta respectfully disagree on that one. There is no game out there that has the buffet of adult content that SL has. Not even adult sex games have no where near the amount of content that SL has. I mean that's just the reality of it. lol ;)

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

they'd probably have questions on some things I'd rather them not ask me

It's sad that you don't want your kids to feel free to come to you with questions. 

39 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

There is no game out there that has the buffet of adult content that SL has.

You don't consider violence adult content? 😧

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why should I forbid my (hypothetical) children from doing anything that I enjoy myself? I occasionally drink, I'm a nicotine addict (snus - 'cause smoking is just disgusting), I consume erotic and violent media - as long as they don't break the law (unless it's an overwhelmingly silly law), harm themselves, or cause wanton suffering, why should I ever ban anything?

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's sad that you don't want your kids to feel free to come to you with questions. 

Let me get you correct on a few things here. lol When it comes to REAL LIFE they absolutely can. Don't get it confused. lol :D

When it comes to hey Pop how to I set up my little prim pee pee so I can go have the clicky sex with some random broad. No figure it out for yourself son. lol :D

When it comes to hey Pop how to I set up my little vajayjay so I can get poked by some idiots little prim pee pee. I don't wanna be talking about this crap. Figure it out for yourself my daughter. lol :D

Now if any of that is sad to you then I am sorry. I'll just have to be sad then. Lmao!!!! 🤣

23 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You don't consider violence adult content? 😧

Does SL strike you as a combat game? Really? Your seriously not going to compare are you? 🙄

18 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Why should I forbid my (hypothetical) children from doing anything that I enjoy myself? I occasionally drink, I'm a nicotine addict (snus - 'cause smoking is just disgusting), I consume erotic and violent media - as long as they don't break the law (unless it's an overwhelmingly silly law), harm themselves, or cause wanton suffering, why should I ever ban anything?

Who said anything about forbidding them mate? Let me put it to you like this. SL is known predominately in a lot of circles as an adult sex game. Why? Well that is obvious. If I go and enjoy myself at an orgy you really think I am taking my kids? Really? lol Nah you don't seriously think that mate. That rule applies with SL. First thing we all learned was about the sex on here. Anyone who says different is full of it. We find out about it and have that holy crap moment of they got this in the game and go threw the dummy phase because it's all new and funny and junk. Now anyone who doesn't get that concept I'd seriously have to question their parenting skills and set of moral beliefs because there is no way, shape, or form that is even remotely an all right thing to do mate. That's just the reality of it. ;)

6 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

Well, my answer is this. No, just no.  It is a long story I won't go into.

Short and sweet and straight to the point. I love it. ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 1

My children are both over the age of 30, so I absolutely have no issue with them participating in anything within SL that they want to participate in.

Granted, they both have no interest whatsoever, but I sure wouldn't try to talk them out of it if they wanted to come check it out.

I've always tried to avoid being a hypocritical parent.  I'm here, so far be it from me to try telling them they shouldn't.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My children are both over the age of 30, so I absolutely have no issue with them participating in anything within SL that they want to participate in.

Granted, they both have no interest whatsoever, but I sure wouldn't try to talk them out of it if they wanted to come check it out.

I've always tried to avoid being a hypocritical parent.  I'm here, so far be it from me to try telling them they shouldn't.

Right and like I said if they find it on their own that is one thing. I am saying for me personally I am not going to promote or encourage it. Now if for example they found it on their own and asked me about it then I would absolutely be honest and up front with them about it. I would even warn them what to watch out for even. What I am saying is when it comes to the adult sex aspects on here I do not need to know what freaky little crap my kids get up to in their adults lives. lol I don't wanna be knowing that crap. lol If they ask me a general question I'd answer. My kids almost NEVER just ask me a general question though. I always end up having to pop an aspirin after the conversation is over. Lmao!!!! :D

3 minutes ago, Nadia Chatterbox said:

My kids are grown.  They’ve seen me on SL,  They think it’s garbage, and believe people are trying to replace first service  life.

Theyll stick to their video games on PlayStation and Xbox.

That would probably be the attitude of mine too being honest. lol They'd probably stick to that or playing something like WoW on PC or something. lol :)

3 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Who said anything about forbidding them mate? Let me put it to you like this. SL is known predominately in a lot of circles as an adult sex game. Why? Well that obvious. If I go and enjoy myself at an orgy you really think I am taking my kids? Really? lol Nah you don't seriously think that mate. That rule applies with SL. First thing we all learned was about the sex on here. Anyone who says different is full of it. We find out about it and have that holy crap moment of they got this in the game and go threw the dummy phase because it's all new and funny and junk. Now anyone who doesn't get that concept I'd seriously have to question their parenting skills and set of moral beliefs because there is no way, shape, or form that is even remotely an all right thing to do mate. That's just the reality of it.

What in the nine hells are you on?

What you discover in SL has nothing to do with 'SL being SL', and all to do with who you are. I didn't seek out any adult activities for years when I first started, and apart from a single instance with a neighbor asking me to help them set something up in their skybox - that happened to be a sex dungeon - I saw nothing 'A-rated' for a very long time.

Besides, apart from your abhorrent composition, your rhetoric is completely illogical. You base your argumentation on hearsay and prejudice, rather than fact, which makes your entire argument moot, a waste of breath, and a tone deaf howl to the moon.

And if you would kindly refrain from referring to me as 'mate', as I'm by no means your friend, that would be much appreciated. All right, buddy-boo?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Right and like I said if they find it on their own that is one thing. I am saying for me personally I am not going to promote or encourage it. Now if for example they found it on their own and asked me about it then I would absolutely be honest and up front with them about it. I would even warn them what to watch out for even. What I am saying is when it comes to the adult sex aspects on here I do not need to know what freaky little crap my kids get up to in their adults lives. lol I don't wanna be knowing that crap. lol If they ask me a general question I'd answer. My kids almost NEVER just ask me a general question though. I always end up having to pop an aspirin after the conversation is over. Lmao!!!! :D

Well, they do know about SL because of me.  I do not know if they know about every aspect of SL, because I've only discussed a few things with them.  While my daughter does still talk to me about some sexual stuff, we do not have conversations about what each of us does in our sexual lives, and therefore what either of us might do is SL, sexually, would likely never be a shared discussion.  My son hasn't talked to me about sexual stuff since he was a teenager - and I wouldn't really expect him to.

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

What in the nine hells are you on?

What you discover in SL has nothing to do with 'SL being SL', and all to do with who you are. I didn't seek out any adult activities for years when I first started, and apart from a single instance with a neighbor asking me to help them set something up in their skybox - that happened to be a sex dungeon - I saw nothing 'A-rated' for a very long time.

Besides, apart from your abhorrent composition, your rhetoric is completely illogical. You base your argumentation on hearsay and prejudice, rather than fact, which makes your entire argument moot, a waste of breath, and a tone deaf howl to the moon.

And if you would kindly refrain from referring to me as 'mate', as I'm by no means your friend, that would be much appreciated. All right, buddy-boo?

I am gonna ask you the exact same thing mate. What in the nine hells are you on? lol I am also going to call BS if your trying to tell me you did not learn about sex or hop on that pose ball for the very first time all of in week one because everybody has. That's why it's the running joke of SL just hop on that pose ball. lol I am not going to argue with all that stupid you just said. Your entire response just mapped out your entire mentality for me and we really wouldn't even be able to discuss this decently until you pulled your head out right a long with that big stick you got stuck up there. I won't call you mate anymore though. I'll call you Jack from here on out. Give ya 3 guesses on what the last name I gave you is. lol So you have a good one Jack. Good talk boo-bear. Lmao!!!!😜

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, they do know about SL because of me.  I do not know if they know about every aspect of SL, because I've only discussed a few things with them.  While my daughter does still talk to me about some sexual stuff, we do not have conversations about what each of us does in our sexual lives, and therefore what either of us might do is SL, sexually, would likely never be a shared discussion.  My son hasn't talked to me about sexual stuff since he was a teenager - and I wouldn't really expect him to.

What you described is a lot more reasonable though. And if mine where here and had seen me playing I wouldn't hide it either. I don't do much on here anyway to even have a reason to hide it in the first place. My kids are also in their mid. to late 20's and both of them and how my Mother absolutely loves this inherited from me a trait of perhaps being a little too blunt and forth coming when it comes to the sharing and caring. lol I did it for shock value to my parents to see how they'd respond and I'd wager that's the same exact reason my kids are now doing it to me. So as they say paybacks a *itch. Lmao!!!! 🤣

I was very open  when talking to my sons about stuff, usually giving more info than required.   My oldest said he asked the lady he was was with if she had a safe word, and giving me way more than I wanted to hear.

I am a domme and I was torn between joy that he was being responsible and 

image.jpeg.3876abda7bcdef6bf6b45bea0369bc4c.jpeg

I know one rl father/daughter duo in  SL, and they keep their separate  sex stuffs private 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

I am gonna ask you the exact same thing mate. What in the nine hells are you on? lol I am also going to call BS if your trying to tell me you did not learn about sex or hop on that pose ball for the very first time all of in week one because everybody has. That's why it's the running joke of SL just hop on that pose ball. lol I am not going to argue with all that stupid you just said. Your entire response just mapped out your entire mentality for me and we really wouldn't even be able to discuss this decently until you pulled your head out right a long with that big stick you got stuck up there. I won't call you mate anymore though. I'll call you Jack from here on out. Give ya 3 guesses on what the last name I gave you is. lol So you have a good one Jack. Good talk boo-bear. Lmao!!!!😜

I knew nothing about sex in SL when I started.  First day I went searching  for games.  TPd to a an empty sim that had some table games.  Tried to play.  Saw a mechanical bull that looked like fun.  Shocked the crap out of me.  Signed out for a day or so.

Next I found the tentacle plant.

THEN I started searching for the fun stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Nadia Chatterbox said:

I was very open  when talking to my sons about stuff, usually giving more info than required.   My oldest said he asked the lady he was was with if she had a safe word, and giving me way more than I wanted to hear.

I am a domme and I was torn between joy that he was being responsible and 

image.jpeg.3876abda7bcdef6bf6b45bea0369bc4c.jpeg

I know one rl father/daughter duo in  SL, and they keep their separate  sex stuffs private 

Thank you. I find it interesting people can't seem to grasp that entire concept and want to whine and make a thing about it. lol :D

I knew a Mother/Daughter duo on here once and they overshared and actually did stuff together to the point of it being creepy. I mean when even your friends that are in to some really weird stuff on here are having a wtf moment that's when you got to ask yourself what's really going on here? Lmao!!!! 😁

4 minutes ago, Nadia Chatterbox said:

I knew nothing about sex in SL when I started.  First day I went searching  for games.  TPd to a an empty sim that had some table games.  Tried to play.  Saw a mechanical bull that looked like fun.  Shocked the crap out of me.  Signed out for a day or so.

Next I found the tentacle plant.

THEN I started searching for the fun stuff. 

That sounds about like me. Day one I was on a RP sim looking at combat stuff to see what that was like and all about on here. That's when I found out I wasn't going to be playing for the combat experience any time soon. lol On day two or three I got dragged to a sim with a friends strip bar and seen boobs for the first time. I froze and was like wait, what? lol They got boobs in this game? lol And I also learned not to just hop on that pose ball when a friend tells you to because now my mates have some nice little set of black mail pictures of when I first started they like to every now and again hold over my head and share with the family. Lmao!!!!😂

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

I am also going to call BS if your trying to tell me you did not learn about sex or hop on that pose ball for the very first time all of in week one because everybody has

Bullcrap.

I haven't and even after more than 15 years in SL I still haven't. Sex isn't what I am in SL for. Never has been and never will be. I am proud to be an SL virgin. I'm not the only one either.

I'm not asking or telling you to believe my words. I am simply stating a fact that you can't disprove any more than I can prove other than to tell you to go ask my RL other half.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 6
5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Bullcrap.

I haven't and even after more than 15 years in SL I still haven't. Sex isn't what I in SL for. Never has been and never will be. I am proud to be an SL virgin. I'm not the only one either.

I'm not asking or telling you to believe my words. I am simply stating a fact that you can't disprove any more than I can prove other than to tell you to go ask my RL other half.

You never learned about sex in SL when you first started? You never not once hopped on a pose ball because a friend asked you to or see what it did or to help with animation design or anything? Nothing at all what so ever? In 15 years your telling me you didn't learn about it? No disrespect, but I think your full of it and don't need to ask anyone in order to know what you just said is bullcrap because otherwise we'd not be having this conversation. Sorry sister calling BS on that one. lol :D

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

First thing we all learned was about the sex on here.

Nope, the first thing I learned (after basic training) was how to get my first plot of land, because I didn't want to hang around forever at a Welcome Area.  I heard about the sex pretty soon but had no interest in it.  You'll just have to accept what I say because it's the truth.  You can't make it not true.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 4

If I had my son, no. He is 6 almost 7, I would let him explore once he was 16. Which I think that is the age that you can start, but even then. I would monitor him and what he does. I am sorry, if I sound like I would be a horrible parent. But I don't even think anyone under the age of 18 should be playing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

Does SL strike you as a combat game? Really? Your seriously not going to compare are you? 🙄

Okay, I'll try to break this down for you in small bites so you can understand. 

You said: 

2 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

There is no game out there that has the buffet of adult content that SL has.

... in response to:

On 11/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, Talligurl said:

Once they are old enough why not, lots of video games are far worse than anything in SL

I simply asked if you consider violence adult content or not.

No, I didn't compare combat games to Second Life. 

No, SL doesn't strike me as a combat game.

Yes, violence is adult content.

Yes, video games have much more violence than Second Life.

Therefore video games have just as much, if not more, adult content than Second Life does. 

Which is worse - exposing your kids to the birds and bees, or exposing them to murder, war, and senseless gruesome violence? 

Do you need a diagram or was that simple enough? I know I used a few words with three syllables. but I tried to keep it to a minimum. 

• Like 6
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.