Our spot in Haman is covered in memes...

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know much about how second life works or the land ownership or anything like that, other than that my friend owns land in Haman (which I think is just standard SL land? so no third party owners)

somehow our land is covered in memes. there are pictures flying everywhere with a lot of noise. i can't personally figure out where it's coming from but friends have said they've reported it. it's been like three days i think. they're still there. we can't be in this land anymore because of the memes. it causes lag and stuff. so what can we do about this? how did they even place these memes?

it's been reported i think at least three times by my friends. i think one of them said there's a box way up in the sky but idk how they managed to place it there. and there's also one on the ground.

7 answers to this question

It sounds like you have a rogue rezzer, maybe a replicator.  If you're in the Mainland estate, submit an AR.  Name Governor Linden as the perpetrator if you don;t know who owns the griefing objects.  Unfortunately, this is the weekend, when there are fewer Lindens around to do anything, but they should get to it fairly quickly.

14 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

what is an AR?

14 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

i'm still a bit of a noob

Not to worry.  SL is almost as hard to figure out as RL, and it changes just as fast. The basics of managing land and personal security/sanity are important in both worlds -- not to obsess about, but just so that you have the semblance of street smarts.  Most things like the ones you are experiencing, can be annoying as hell, but they do you no real harm.  The trick is to keep your cool and deal with them methodically. And if you can't, call for help.

Oh boy...I visited Rumancekk's place.  It's a bad griefer attack.  Many big, flashing cubes emitting loud sounds and particles.  They are on several parcels in the region.  I found what I think was the master object that was rezzing them all.  I reported the owner of the objects, notified the various parcel owners, and told the OP what she could do to at least keep from seeing the ugliness until LL and/or the landowners can clear them away.  It being a holiday weekend, Support's closed, darn it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was afraid of that. Under the circumstances, it might be wise for everyone to take a few days off and let the dust settle.  As I said earlier, these sorts of events are annoying --  OK, really annoying -- but can do no real harm.  The Lab's cleanup crew will be back on Monday.

Yeah, it's a mess. I went and looked. Someone left a parcel open for object creation by anyone with an autoreturn time of 0, which means forever. So random people can put junk there and it doesn't get cleaned up automatically. At least it's in an area that's mostly abandoned land. Someone did that in Kama City last year and blacked out nine sims.

Sent a note to the parcel owner. If they log in over the weekend and set the autoreturn time, the thing will clean itself up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It sounds like you have a rogue rezzer, maybe a replicator.  If you're in the Mainland estate, submit an AR.  Name Governor Linden as the perpetrator if you don;t know who owns the griefing objects.  Unfortunately, this is the weekend, when there are fewer Lindens around to do anything, but they should get to it fairly quickly.

apparently they got a name, i just can't remember what it was. my friend i know reported that person specifically but idk what my other friend did

what is an AR?

i'm still a bit of a noob 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.