Jump to content
Elora Lunasea

FYI - Black Friday Sales on Mesh Heads!

Recommended Posts

FYI - seems like ALL mesh heads are deeply discounted today so if anyone is looking to jump into using them today is the day.

You name it - it's half price. 

Also every applier store is having deep discounts too - some store wide, others on specific appliers. Great day to stock up!

Didn't have any trouble getting into any of the stores either - shopping was a breeze.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was seeing in the Lelutka group their heads are half price 😭 for Black Friday if only my head fund had taken a couple more months to reach it's goal amount the saving would have left me more than enough to buy the thing i'm currently saving for 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Not seeing any sale at Catwa.

Missed that one. I gave up on Catwa ages ago because I find their HUDS too confusing to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Was seeing in the Lelutka group their heads are half price 😭 for Black Friday if only my head fund had taken a couple more months to reach it's goal amount the saving would have left me more than enough to buy the thing i'm currently saving for 😞

Oh goodness! How much have you saved up already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Oh goodness! How much have you saved up already?

Between L$300 - 400 target is only around L$1k won't take long to reach wouldn't spend that for an item in one go yet had no problem spending at least twice that on FLF & various Black Friday sales :$

I know heads weren't on sale last Black Friday so I never expected it this year 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Missed that one. I gave up on Catwa ages ago because I find their HUDS too confusing to deal with.

I've yet to find anyone that matches their quality. It's a shame they're not in on the sale - but I've also never seen a need to own more than one per alt. That said, there's a few addons they could get people to go in for.

LAQ is close - but they also only work if you use neck size 0. Otherwise you have a neck 'overlap'.

Other brands... some all look like identical clones of each other (inside the brand), some have less functional animation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I've yet to find anyone that matches their quality. It's a shame they're not in on the sale - but I've also never seen a need to own more than one per alt. That said, there's a few addons they could get people to go in for.

LAQ is close - but they also only work if you use neck size 0. Otherwise you have a neck 'overlap'.

Other brands... some all look like identical clones of each other (inside the brand), some have less functional animation.

 

I do agree with quality. I wish that the HUD was larger - I can not read it. Aging eyes. That's even with glasses on. If they would revamp the HUD I'd be more likely to go back to using it again. I have a few of the heads and I do break them out periodically for specific uses (Uma is a fav). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I do agree with quality. I wish that the HUD was larger - I can not read it. Aging eyes. That's even with glasses on.

Yeah I just checked to see if it was mod and it isn't. Funny thing is the brand of head I used to use had an even smaller HUD with tiny fonts on it.

That said... There's 2 green arrow boxes on the top right of the current 4.0x Catwa head - they resize it.:

CatwaHUD_madeBIG_002.jpg

ALL of their heads (at least all female ones, no idea for male), got a free update to this version a few months back.

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

@Pussycat Catnap Thank you for this! I'm going over to get an update asap! Although still some is too small that is MUCH easier on the eyes and a lot more legible

I had to click the resize larger arrows about 10 times to get it that big. I only stopped because it hit the limits of my monitor.

I also had to edit it several times to move it back onto my screen because the 'root' prim it is centered on is invisible and just off screen above it... :)

So... it won't look that big out of the box... but you can make it that big... or even bigger... :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I just slammed all the other brands... let me backtrack on that. I'm a bit known for bashing on all the various mesh bodies... but in heads - they're all actually pretty good from what I've seen.

I do like Catwa most - but the difference here is a lot finer than with bodies. Every brand I have tried has had things to like, and only a few things to dislike. Even Catwa... I wish I could mod the eyes to have a little glow - I have an elf and I just swapped in prims for her to make them glow and emit green light like a 'Warcraft' elf - but that's how minor issues tend to be. Fiddling on the details.

When mesh heads first came out, before Bento - I hated them. They were all non-moddable and 'super white'... A clone army of a single sub-ethnic group. Basically Irish / English / Dutch - that part of Europe or bugger off. Now there's a massive amount of variety and most of the brands are very responsive to shape dials so you can make a head look like a person from most parts of the world (I've still had some trouble getting really solid Asian looks - but I have seen them on others so I know it can be done).

I think I'm actually going to take an alt over to a few shops and see what I can find.

 

Some skin makers are also having a sale. I just changed my skin yesterday to a different skin from the same brand and tone I was using (ItGirls - in a fairly small product line they manage to represent almost a whole globe full of ethnicities, all 50% off right now. Only problem is the ONLY support 3 brands of head and NOT Omega).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

FYI - seems like ALL mesh heads are deeply discounted today so if anyone is looking to jump into using them today is the day.

You name it - it's half price. 

Also every applier store is having deep discounts too - some store wide, others on specific appliers. Great day to stock up!

Didn't have any trouble getting into any of the stores either - shopping was a breeze.

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been wanting to move to a new account for a while now, and the great deals on heads, bodies, skins, even the AO that I use, pushed me into doing it! I saved a LOT of money because of you! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Catwa message: She know some ppl are upset because Catwa didn't have a sale. She explain it was because ppl who already bought a head would be sad because they paid full price. She said she plan to do something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

A Catwa message: She know some ppl are upset because Catwa didn't have a sale. She explain it was because ppl who already bought a head would be sad because they paid full price. She said she plan to do something else.

I've never understood people who get upset because someone later on gets it on sale.

I saw a LOT of that kind of stupidity in the Tesla community last year as Musk put various models on sale or adjusted prices. People would get livid because some homeboy a month later got autopilot for $1000 off... yet car dealerships often give two people standing side by side price differences of as much as $10,000...

I should think that... if I like a brand a lot... I want the next person to get a sale so even more people join me in the fandom. That's how I feel about my Tesla Model 3, and it's how I feel about my toys in SL. Get more people 'in the door'.

I don't fault Catwa, Tesla, or any other company that gets 'abused' for offering a sale... I don't even fault her customers... I fault people in general for being petty about someone else getting a break...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I've never understood people who get upset because someone later on gets it on sale.

I saw a LOT of that kind of stupidity in the Tesla community last year as Musk put various models on sale or adjusted prices. People would get livid because some homeboy a month later got autopilot for $1000 off... yet car dealerships often give two people standing side by side price differences of as much as $10,000...

I should think that... if I like a brand a lot... I want the next person to get a sale so even more people join me in the fandom. That's how I feel about my Tesla Model 3, and it's how I feel about my toys in SL. Get more people 'in the door'.

I don't fault Catwa, Tesla, or any other company that gets 'abused' for offering a sale... I don't even fault her customers... I fault people in general for being petty about someone else getting a break...

 

It puts pressure on all to participate in Black Friday. It's a lot of work to mark all vendors down. I am done shopping for now.

It was very kind of Blueberry to give all group members a 300 L giftcard in addition to the 50% off sale. My alts used it, well, one of them spent 99 L more than the giftcard, but for myself, I spent more than the card... Lol. I think the store get much more sales than 300 L per person. People are tempted to buy just a bit more. I am on a budget, so I shopped there instead of another place with only 50% off. So it is smart marketing. The store makes sure people spend the money there and not in other stores.

Plus that stores with very low prices like Apple Fall also makes sure I spend the money I set aside there and don't buy furniture elsewhere. I bought a fireplace, a shelf and a rug in other stores. Spent the rest of the weekend trying to get in, and then looking at everything and bought more than one color of several big items like beds for 45 L. Smart.

A store could set the giftcards on sale. That's the most easy way. People can buy them and use them for them self. I think sales are something that benefit the store owners. Because when they get us in there, some of us buy a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

A Catwa message: She know some ppl are upset because Catwa didn't have a sale. She explain it was because ppl who already bought a head would be sad because they paid full price. She said she plan to do something else.

Not making sense at all lmao, I had both Lelutka Andrea and Guy before Black Friday and I didn't upset at all when it got discount.

Edited by elixdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elixdude said:

Not making sense at all lmao, I had both Lelutka Andrea and Guy before Black Friday and I didn't upset at all when it got discount.

People get upset for all sorts of things all the time. 😉 She also said RL had been very time-consuming for her the week/days before.

So if it is the former or latter, it ended up with no sale. Some people buy 3, 4 or more mesh heads, some save up and can only buy one. If you (general you) had a tight budget, and bought it just before a big sale, perhaps you would be upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 11:21 AM, Marianne Little said:

A Catwa message: She know some ppl are upset because Catwa didn't have a sale. She explain it was because ppl who already bought a head would be sad because they paid full price. She said she plan to do something else.

Got a message on her group saying there is a new head coming that will be 50% off, so if you are in the market for a mesh head and want a catwa, you may just hold on to your L for that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

Got a message on her group saying there is a new head coming that will be 50% off, so if you are in the market for a mesh head and want a catwa, you may just hold on to your L for that.

Now the question is... Is it male or female head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...