Copying inventory for one account to another?

Atiya Violet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The cloud form is an old problem. Usually the character test will get rid of it. From a previous post in the forums:

Enable the Advanced menu in the top bar with CTRL+ALT+D. Then navigate to Advanced/Character/Character Rendering Tests/Test Female (or Test Male). That will give you the default newbie avatar. From there, put on your normal items one at a time.

What viewer are using? I recommend Phoenix or Imprudence.

Atiya Violet wrote:

how do I make a Second Inventory? my old account when I login the avatar and the background wil not show up or the background will but I stay in cloud form,

If the reason you want to move stuff to another account is this - that you stay a cloud - then I suggest searching for a solution to that problem first. It is probably easier to get your avatar to rez than to move all items from your inventory (which can not be done), and the problem is likely to happen to your second account at one point or another as well. Try searching for 'Green cloud', 'White egg' or something to that effect. You will be surprised how many have had the same problem.

- Luc -

Sounds like you need to clear your cache not make a new account. Try it just from the clear cache button in preferences and if that doesn`t fix you, then logout and  clear your cache manually.

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

recently some avs experiencing the cloud issue have been fixed by putting on a new shape. for some of them it seems the SL asset database has misplaced their shape and merely putting on a new shape fixes their problem. I hope this works for you. Unless your inventory items have transfer permissions, I don't think there is any "SL legal" way to transfer items from one account to another account, even if you own both accounts.

The cloud body is a common problem in SL. The easiest way to fix it is to put on a new bald ( the part of your body that gives your eyebrow shape).  Once this is done,  you can go back to the bald you had on before & usually everything will be fine.

If you ever want to transfer inventory, the easiest way is to box it up  & send it to whomever.  As long as the items are transferable you can do this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.