Regions disappear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I live in Bellisseria and lately one of the regions close to me keeps disappearing. Its only just right next to my house, so only a couple seconds to walk there, and when I do it comes back right away. But as soon as I go back home, within about one minute it is gone again. With my draw distance up rather high I can even see the regions all around it, but there is one big hole where that region is. I normally keep my draw distance below 100 and setting it even lower does not help.

I have up to date viewers and this happens with the LL viewer too. My system and drivers are up to date and my hardware is fairly new with an 8 core CPU, a 1060 video card and my latest speed test for my internet was well over 900Mbps (not a typo). But still the region next to me keeps blinking out of existence, and that means no people listed as being there. And like I said, once I walk onto it, poof, its back and so are all the people. Was not sure if I should submit a ticket.

Any suggestions?

I know the region you speak of - it's been that way since it was released. It's the same on the world map - it disappears and only appears at certain zoom levels, which is no big thing, but when boating past it does the same in-world - giant hole unless you cam into it. I would submit a bug report, perhaps via ticket - especially because it's next to you as I dou bt people living in that region don't experience this awkwardness..

When sailing and flying I often see regions that have disappeared. One usually cannot fly, sail, drive, or walk into such a region. Try and you are generally disconnected. These are regions you can file a Trouble Ticket on asking for a restart. You don't have to be an owner to report a down region.

This type of behavior usually stops once the regions are restarted for a Tuesday or Wednesday update.

Earlier this year regions were failing to connect to the SL backend as they should. They would be what I'll call "partially down". A restart fixed it.

If the behavior persists past an update restart, file a JIRA. You will need to have documented the behavior over a couple of weeks and/or be able to point to the tickets you have filed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheVeryFirst said:

I think your talking about Coldwater Cay, and I did submit a ticket about that. But I’m in a different area and the region that is a problem to me is Todds Landing.

But this one stays visible on the world map but disappears when standing right next to it, for me.

I was flying around last night and saw the same thing at Todd's Landing.  I could run right up to it and sometimes it appeared, and sometimes it was an unrezzed region that would block me from entering.  Depended on the angle of approach too.   And it was always on the Big map, since it existed if you were in the region.   I finally gave up and just figured the moles would fix it when they get back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.