Linden Realms Status

Derrick Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Hi Residents!

Many of you have noticed that Linden Realms has been under maintenance and inaccessible for the last week. The Moles are hard at work getting things back in working order! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

While it’s inaccessible, please feel free to enjoy some time in the beautiful world of PaleoQuest, where there’s only a minor chance of encountering and being eaten by deadly prehistoric creatures. Alternatively, you may prefer visiting Horizons, where you’ll encounter a futuristic world filled with beautiful scenery, killer robots, explosions and minefields!

Sincerely,
The LDPW Team

Edit 1/10/20: I know many of you are anxious to get back into Linden Realms, and we are still working to correct a few issues. Linden Realms will be reopened as soon as possible, however we are currently unable to give any time estimates. As soon as it has been reopened, I will update this post.

Edit 1/29/20: Linden Realms has officially been reopened!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

As embarrassed as I am to admit this I've never played any Linden Realms game in the years I've been here. The most I've done has been the Swaginator hunts. But on closer inspection I actually do intend to play them if I can. I love the effort that's been put into them too. SL could have been strictly left to Residents to entertain themselves so having these is an added bonus.

And can I just say the videos are really well done! I laughed at the one for Tyrah and the Curse of the Magical Glytches. I saw a video Patch Linden mentioned in one of the Bellisseria Community groups months ago it must have been (I think?) and loved that too. Though the voice of Magellan still reminds me of Sarg from the Rooster Teeth series Red Vs Blue. (And worthy of more love for that fact too!) 

But yes, definitely something to try that I should have done ages ago. Be good when it's all operational again (most seem to be but one at least isn't), as I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you Linden Lab! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, Derrick Linden said:

The Moles are hard at work getting things back in working order! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Linden Realms was closed on November 18, 2019.  Still down six weeks later. Hard to believe the Moles are working on it.  Will it be back sometime in 2020?

• Like 3

On 12/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, Jaylinbridges said:

Linden Realms was closed on November 18, 2019.  Still down six weeks later. Hard to believe the Moles are working on it.  Will it be back sometime in 2020?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest that the delay may be due to all the work that the Moles have been doing, in setting up Bellisseria?  That could have held up the work on the Realms, with how busy they have been over on the new continent.

• 2 weeks later...

Replying to @MimiMarmelade but on this earlier thread:

The regions are still on the map but after about two weeks of "working on things" (the longest that I can remember the area being closed in the past) I pretty much guessed that they would not reopen.  They MAY of course, and until the land masses disappear we can hope they do. They are money going OUT for the lab with really no reason to keep them.

Originally they were intended as a way to encourage new folks to come and stay and LEARN in SL.  That worked for a few years, then got messy. I spent a lot of time on the realms in the early days and enjoyed  running the rim.   But money OUT is not the focus these days. Other areas such as the Linden Endowment for the Arts have been closed (29 regions) and we have a lot of new fees.   So  I think that "no" answer above could certainly be wrong.   

It is very possible that we will look for LR7 in the future and find it has disappeared into the mist. 

I went to that place, knowing that Linden Realms was reopened. I captured some of what I saw.

''Stupid flying at Linden Realms''
https://vimeo.com/388377333

Surprisingly, They can fly freely in the sky, and can free pass through rocks and mountain. About during my 30 minute stay, I witnessed more than 10 avatars fly in the sky. so swag!!

As before, gameing and morals has already been losted at the place.
There is no profit or earnings for LL. Just the loss of L$. Linden can immediately close this place at any time again.

50L$ loss per week per one free account, woww I can't even. what an excellent stupid.

Snapshot_001.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.