Where has the Frank's crowd gone?

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the demise of Frank's a sim I've always enjoyed, I find myself wondering if any club will replace it, or if any can. I've bounced around to the most trafficked jazz club in SL, and they are either empty or quite sparsely populated, with only a few there at a time. Does anyone know what the new Frank's might be, or if there will be one at all?

• Like 1

Possibly a Blues club.

That venue just closed, so it's too early for the crowd to have moved. But there are a lot of places for them to think about moving to.

There is a nice new Blues club on the Bellisserria continent (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/38/240/36). There are also some very old and established ones.

Blues is NOT my kind of music. Neither was the music at Franks. But to my ears the two forms sound like they would typically have a lot of cross appeal... so if you happen to like Blues I'd suggest looking at some of those places. I know it's not the same - but hopefully it can fulfill the same desire.

Yes, I too would like to know where all Frank's clientele will go to now that Frank's Place is closed.

If you do hear of a place where people are meeting in a similar environment please let me know, thanks!

I joined Frank's Elite group back when it was just L$500, so I can still go to the Frank's Elite Jazz club, which is running under new management.

Well I have been going to the new Frank's Elite Club and I have to say it compares quite poorly to the old Frank's, although it does have the lag. There is a quite limited crowd there at L$1000 a head, and it's always the same small bunch. Meh....really very mediocre.

23 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There are TWO Galaxies now?  What are they called, the Greater and Lesser MagellanLindenic Clouds?

I'm told the old 5-sim version is now a 3-sim museum version on Linden Land at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Galaxy FORWARD/108/175/26 , but no rentals because the Lindens run their museums that way.

Zhoa Boa 's estate has a one-sim version as a club.  One SIM is plenty for a dance-hall version.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Desolate/188/171/30.

Edited by Erwin Solo
added locations coordinates

14 hours ago, Conall DeCuir said:

I just got a notice that "The NEW Frank's Place Jazz Club" is open, which has nothing to do with the old Frank's but as it looks, its already busy with a lot of the old people.

Wait... you didn't expect that to happen? I though that the original "closing" notice said "reboot" all over it! LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.