children in SL

Cella Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Many residents had concerns merging the Teen Grid with the normal grid, but LL thinks it was a good decision, mainly because now parents can visit SL with their children (at least if they are 16+) and vice versa. If you think that is not a good idea, you should express your concerns to LL directly as this is only a question and answer forum.

Children are not allowed in SL on mature sims. There are 3 kinds of sims:

- General (PG),

- Moderate (Mature),

- Adult (access after age verification).

Teenagers (over 17 years old) have not limited access only to General. If you meet a child on Moderate sim just simply send abuse report. These reports have priority and if there is a proof the account is disabled.

RL children are not allowed on M land period. Now the only concern I have every time I see posts such as this here is how did you determine the person to be <18? Are you just assuming? or do you have real proof? If it's the latter then just AR and move on.

EDIT: edited to change the big typo LOL. Meant to type not and not now.

And you know that these people are under 18, how exactly?  Did they send you a copy of their driver's license?  Or did you just overhear them chatting and you have no idea if they were RPing or not?

I didn't want the teengrid merger at all because of all the dangers we can present to the teens, and all the dangers the teens can present to us adults.  While realistically the teens have been in the main grid all along, they had to break the law and lie to see things they should not -- that is no longer the case.  However at the same time people seeing and ARing everyone everywhere because they could be a teen (or are rollplaying , you know, like SL is supposed to be?) isn't the answer.  If you have hard proof (and billy telling sarah jane that he's 12 is no more acceptable as evidence as my friend's claims that she's 912 years old...) then AR them. 

Children Avatars Are Allowed on mature sims if the person playing the avie is 18+ in real life age

i play a child avatar.

So Before you IM that child avatar or consider filing a report, for being in a Mature region or Adult - or for being on SL at all - read this:
"Child avatars are allowed within Second Life. A child avatar, even within a mature or adult region but not participating in adult activities, is allowed."
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Child_avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.