Should there be a "SL's Manliest Man" contest?

Catrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well this 'man' would DEFINITELY come last

1363550657_AAJeanHairAuburn-pic.jpg.ad3d988f834042fc82e6a7b4965b915a.jpg

though, with making his own organic hummus, updating his tech blog, having 2,000L pedicures, making snide comments about SL 'chad skins' and lecturing everyone in Weapons Testing Sandbox to "be better", he probably wouldn't have time to enter.

Edited by sternerregnix
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Frank Lomba said:

Lightsabers are sexy!

SexySaber.png

Are we playing ring toss then? 

I did not read the whole thread. I’m just here to say there should be some demonstrations. Feats of strength, some recitations, perhaps some other types of ‘manly’ displays that can also serve as the entertainment portion. 
I vote Scottish Games. With music to follow? 

I refuse to let this thread sink. Bumping they used to call it back in the day. If forced to, I shall shift my lazy ass into action and organise it myself. If I do, would you

a : Enter the competition ?

b : Visit the competition ?

c : None of the above ?

Option c would save me a lot of unthanked effort btw.

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

I refuse to let this thread sink. Bumping they used to call it back in the day. If forced to, I shall shift my lazy ass into action and organise it myself. If I do, would you

a : Enter the competition ?

b : Visit the competition ?

c : None of the above ?

Option c would save me a lot of unthanked effort btw.

If you made it happen, I'd enter, in all my manliest fabulousness.

rainbow_011.png.083b598ea710834a23788181a2575244.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, rasterscan said:

C'mon. Someone do a Mr SL Universe event. It'll be a riot !

I'm not going to link to it, because I am in abject opposition to such preposterous things that are so far from entertaining, it almost makes me cry (ok, laugh crying counts too, right?). That's mostly because they're taken super, super cereal by the people involved in them, and I find their behavior and opinions on the matter, especially when dealing with opposition (which they find incredibly insulting apparently),  a bit more than slightly disturbing on levels even I don't understand...but...

There already is a Miss and Mr sl dealio thing in sl, and has been since, at least 2008 (I'm not sure before then, I knew of no one and had no need to know of anyone involved in such before then, I have no need now too but unfortunately need went on vacation). It's pretty much just a popularity contest pretending to be about faux pixel beauty and walking/posing skill that apparently isn't as easy to achieve as buying/making/wearing the right things and walking/using the right poseball/hud the right way...

it's a good thing I don't believe in hell, I might have to actually fear going there someday :P

I think we could do it in forum style. "Manliest Man of the Forums" elections.

Set several themes for competition. Obvious ones, like show your manlieness in certain outfits (swim / suit / whatever?) and in manly activities, but all shown in screenshots. No photo editing, its not about who is the best editor. RAW screenshots, because raw really sounds manly too. (no Blackdragon shenanigans either!)

Winner of each category voted by a professional jury! (all the women on the forums), and winner of most categories in the end is the Manliest Man of the Forums 2020! We of course have to create a body sash with the title, that the winner has to wear for a year.

Only now I think of it, do we have enough men on the forums to even have a proper competition?

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 10:41 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

I think we could do it in forum style. "Manliest Man of the Forums" elections.

Set several themes for competition. Obvious ones, like show your manlieness in certain outfits (swim / suit / whatever?) and in manly activities, but all shown in screenshots. No photo editing, its not about who is the best editor. RAW screenshots, because raw really sounds manly too. (no Blackdragon shenanigans either!)

Winner of each category voted by a professional jury! (all the women on the forums), and winner of most categories in the end is the Manliest Man of the Forums 2020! We of course have to create a body sash with the title, that the winner has to wear for a year.

Only now I think of it, do we have enough men on the forums to even have a proper competition?

I have some category ideas and titles for each winner, let me know what you think:

• Running competition, with the winner called "Coursing River"
  • Wrestling competition, with the winner called "Great Typhoon"
  • Weightlifting competition, with the winner called "Raging Fire"
  • Smouldering competition, with the winner called "Dark Side of the Moon"

What do you think?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I have some category ideas and titles for each winner, let me know what you think:

• Running competition, with the winner called "Coursing River"
  • Wrestling competition, with the winner called "Great Typhoon"
  • Weightlifting competition, with the winner called "Raging Fire"
  • Smouldering competition, with the winner called "Dark Side of the Moon"

What do you think?

I think I'm going to get down to business to defeat the Huns.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.