Landlords in Bellesaria?

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Odaks said:

My understanding is that you CANNOT "deed" the land at all, but you can "set" it to a group. The ownership remains with Governor Linden.

Renting out is a strict no-no, though.

LL may have left a loophole allowing this. From the land covenant:  "Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group."

The intent was probably that families could set up a land group so everyone in the family could rez. But that could be construed as permitting rentals. LL did not say "cannot be rented". Anyone else seeing Bellesaria parcels in land groups?

(It's definitely renting. I wanted to get in touch with the owner, because they've been practicing building and left a big white full-bright square rezzed. The landlord, the land group owner, referred me to the tenant when I asked what the square was about. Per policy, I can't say where this is.)

Edited by animats
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, animats said:

I didn't realize that a land group could own land in Bellesaria. But a parcel near mine is owned by a land group and it is rented out.

Is this the future - big landlords owning Bellesaria?

How do you know it's rented out? My alts houses is in a private group, the land is set to that group. The items rezzed there is owned by me, not them. I have rez privilegies and can use the house control panel. That does not mean it's rented out.

14 minutes ago, animats said:

LL may have left a loophole allowing this. From the land covenant:  "Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group."

The intent was probably that families could set up a land group so everyone in the family could rez. But that could be construed as permitting rentals. LL did not say "cannot be rented". Anyone else seeing Bellesaria parcels in land groups?

It is lots and lots of Bellisseria parcels set to groups. Is it a "land group" as in advertised as a land group and who advertise Bellisseria parcels?

Edited by Marianne Little
took away land group and wrote private group
  • Like 1

Rentals would, I'm sure, be construed as commercial use - the premium member occupying originally would be receiving reward in the way of profit from it. I don't believe the "set to group" facility is a good enough loophole to escape that.

Commercial use of Bellisseria parcels is not allowed. If parcels are owned by groups who advertise they are renting out in Bellisseria, AR them.

Land barons are individuals too. It is hard to judge if a land baron has a "vacation house" in Belli for himself on his Premium, set to group so his roleplay friends can be there.

I think only blatant advertising in a group description can be 100% proof and not "I presume it is rented out".

• Like 1

It can be a fuzzy line.  My parcels, no matter where they are, are always set to our group.  It does not, however, bill itself as a "land group", and has very few members.

In Cadhaire, the house across the street was set to a rental land group.  But, I never saw evidence that it had actually been rented, so let it be.

Lots of speculation, conjecture, theories...

I simply would have edited the offending object, learn the owner name and IM them to please remove this thing they forgot to remove. If, after 24 hours it's still there and no reply, then AR for prim-pollution going against the covenant and community standards. Done.

Edited by Alyona Su

3 hours ago, animats said:

I didn't realize that a land group could own land in Bellesaria. But a parcel near mine is owned by a land group and it is rented out.

Is this the future - big landlords owning Bellesaria?

Unless you see an actual rental box, this is a wild assumption. Many many people have land in land group because they have a lot of friends or alts, or just a habit to keep all land in one group. I’m sure someone somewhere is enough to rent but we don’t want to have innocent people AR’d because their group happened to sound like a land group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Renting out land was discussed at the VERY BEGINNING (like the first or second day Belli was open) and we were told by Patch that RENTING is COMMERCIAL and the only "commercial" endeavors OK in Belli are people having open houses to demo their goods (usually add-ons but sometimes furniture) and this is OK as long as there is no sign or LM to the main store. So "one way" traffic so to speak. There were a lot of questions then to about DJs and tips and things. I don't know if that was ever decided. Of course canyone can tip without a TIP JAR :D.   

Just for folks that might still be confused. Patch may have stickied something on the Linden Homes forum.  Not sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, all this is a false alarm. I got in touch with the parcel group owner about a misplaced object, The group owner used the term "tenant" in an IM to me, sending me to the "tenant". I've now exchanged messages with both parties. As I mentioned above, it's really a parent and their child, not a commercial situation. It's not some big landlord buying up the good ocean front parcels. And they cleaned up the misplaced object, so I'm happy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Setting a Linden Home parcel to a group so your partner or friends can rez and use the parcel is absolutely okay. Setting it to a group for the purpose of renting it for L$ to someone is not. That is commercial activity and not allowed. A family or group of friends could even set their parcels to the same group for the purposes of "management" among the members. It is when the exchange of L$ for those rights comes into play it crosses the line. 

Edit: I use the term "management" loosely since most group land management tools require the land be deeded to the group, which is not possible in Bellisseria. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 15

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.