Premium membership price

Albe Crazyboi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Albe Crazyboi said:

Why?

Just because.

What do I do with my items in my house if I want to downgrade?

Put them back in your inventory.

And Sell my SL$ I have?

You can always do that at any time.  Go to your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Manage >>> Sell L$ .  If you are unfamiliar with the way that currency exchanges work in RL or SL, I suggest using the Market Price rather than setting a Limit Price. The USD proceeds will appear in your USD Balance.   You may then do anything you like with them, including doing a Credit Transfer to send them to your PayPal account.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Albe Crazyboi said:

Hello, 

Why did the Premium Membership Price increased so High?

I understand if it went up a few dollars but over $10.00 .

Previous Quarterly price was $22.50/ now $32.97.

Why?

What do I do with my items in my house if I want to downgrade? And Sell my SL$ I have?

Note that if you haven't needed to accept the Tilia Terms of Service and the Privacy Policy (for US folks) you will need to do so to send money to Paypal.   So that might be a factor in whether you  keep your membership up.  If you own land you will owe for the last month's tier payment even after you downgrade to basic membership (unless you do it early which I am guessing from your post isn't an option). Tier is charged on the amount of land you owned during the LAST month and will not be free if you are basic. 

Good luck.   This isn't new news by the way the change happened months ago. 

So you wanna quit completely or why would you sell your L$?

You can have a perfectly fine time inworld without any Premium stuff and rather buy L$ with real currency whenever you need it.+

Besides that, the monthly and quarterly options never offered the best "bang for the buck", perhaps only on occasion when there was a special offer.

Albe, the best Premium deal, as always, is the annual plan.  If you like being Premium, you can change to the annual billing plan, which costs $99.00 per year. 

On the other hand, if you no longer wish to be a Premium member, see this link for how to downgrade.  https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/premium-membership-r346/#Section__7

The best approach is to wait until a few days before your current membership is due to expire, and then do the downgrade steps outlined in the link above.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As long as you release all land no later than the day before your Premium membership expires, which you have to do to downgrade anyway, you will not own any tier on it. I did this with an alt just 3-4 months ago.

Is that NEW as I have been caught on that and having to pay for the "last month" a couple of times.   Not doubting you, but the regular rules don't seem to apply to ME for some reason LOL.

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Is that NEW as I have been caught on that and having to pay for the "last month" a couple of times.   Not doubting you, but the regular rules don't seem to apply to ME for some reason LOL.

It worked that way for the 3 alts I downgraded over the last year and a half roughly.  Prior to that I had never downgraded any alt that was using tier.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It worked that way for the 3 alts I downgraded over the last year and a half roughly.  Prior to that I had never downgraded any alt that was using tier.

I believe ya. I just keep following what is supposed to be true and finding out it isn't true "in my case".   No clue. I am downgrading but I have given up land way ahead of time --- THIS TIME.    :D

• Like 1

I remember talking to Support about it before I downgraded the first alt.  While we are billed for tier in arrears, it is still a bill that is for the prior month's usage.  When you are Premium, your tier usage is covered up until the day that the Premium goes away.  If you are using more than the Premium allowance, and thus already paying some sort of monthly tier bill, then you would get one more bill for that same amount after the Premium goes away. 

I don't doubt for a minute that there have been glitches in the process.  This is SL after all and glitches seem to pop up randomly.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.