LL service product ideas for mainland

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was thinking if you own 80% of a mainland sim (minus roads and protected waters) there should be an option for the majority land owner of a sim to rent sim name change from LL

- Name change that can be rented - so it doesn't override locations of historical significance and goes back to the good ol' if current owner abandons.
- Terrain limit remains the same
- Top script tool
- Estate management tool

Edited by iamyourneighbour

This is interesting. There are some continents where the names do seem pretty arbitrary, and some where they're either of historic interest (DaBoom) or conforming to a naming pattern (the color sims on Sansara, the many moth species names on the Atoll). Even in the case of arbitrary names, folks in neighboring regions would need to learn the new name to understand, for example, why their wandering or editor-misplaced stuff got "Returned from NeoNomen (255, 255)." 

But if it gets folks to spend more tier, I guess it would be worth it.

If I were the one owning > 80% of a region, though, naming wouldn't be the first Estate Manager feature I'd want. Top scripts and colliders come to mind -- although I'd like those even without owning 80% of the region.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

There's already a way to re-name the Mainland. It's called buying a private island, and naming it whatever you want, if that name isn't taken already.

I think if everything is coded with that name, it might become a chore to write code to make some change or cover for that.

I just take more pleasure in painting the neighbour's beautiful nature scenery with my skyscrapers 😆 Cant do that on private island.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.