Increased Prim Allotment

LadyEleez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've notice that the newest Linden Labs Homes have a greater allotment of prims for Premium Account holders.   I am wondering if Linden Labs intends to increase the number of prims for those of use who choose to remain in the classic Linden Lab's homes.

7 minutes ago, Mizraimliella said:

I've notice that the newest Linden Labs Homes have a greater allotment of prims for Premium Account holders.   I am wondering if Linden Labs intends to increase the number of prims for those of use who choose to remain in the classic Linden Lab's homes.

The answer to your question is "no, they will not be increased".

In fact, LL intends to roll out so many new Linden homes over the next few years, that they can discontinue the old 2010 Linden homes and still have new homes to spare.

The day that LL will to discontinue (delete?) the old homes is still a few years away (I personally think it will be about 3 years). Until then, you can choose to move to one of the new models and enjoy the 1024sqm and 351 prims, unless you want a trailer in which case you will still have a 512sqm and 175 prims.

• Like 2

Hi Mizraimliella!

All Premium account holders have the same identical land benefit:  You can own up to 1,024 square meters of Mainland without a monthly tier fee.  There are several ways in which you may use this benefit. 

• You can buy a vacant parcel of land up to 1,024 sq m.  This will have a land impact allowance of 351, with certain rare exceptions (see below).
  • You can get one of the new Linden Homes on 1,024 sq. m.  This also has a LI allowance of 351.
  • You can get one of the older Linden Homes.  These are on 512 sq. m. parcels, and have a LI allowance of 175.  This leaves you with 512 sq. m. of your tier-free benefit unused.  You can go buy a second Mainland parcel of up to 512 sq. m. and get another 175 prims.  Of course, you can't combine these two prim allowances, but you CAN have a second home!
  • A few places on the Mainland have a double prim allowance.  If you buy your 1,024 sq. m. in these places, you get 703 prims to use.  However, because of the desirability of these parcels, they tend to have very high purchase prices.  For example, parcels in the Horizons regions start at about $L40,000.

Linden Homes (of any size) have one small advantage over owning your land elsewhere: the prims of the house don't count against your LI allowance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mizraimliella said:

No, and when there are enough new homes available, they will remove the old ones altogether.  But you can use your 512m  old Linden home AND get another 512m parcel on regular mainland as well. Or you can abandon the Linden Home altogether and get 1024m on regular mainland, which is what I did.

5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

In fact, LL intends to roll out so many new Linden homes over the next few years, that they can discontinue the old 2010 Linden homes and still have new homes to spare.

That's their intention, yes, but I'll be very surprised if it actually happen. No matter how attractive LL manages to make the new Linden Homes, a considerable number of the residents at the old ones are not going to move for various reasons. If their good old home sim closes, they simply leave SL. Nobody knows how many there are of course but all indications I've seen suggest there are more than enough that LL will loose money if they close down the old Linden Home regions in the foreseeable future.

Then again, it's not a bad deal for them if they can keep making a profit both from their old and their new homes.

Anyway, I'm repeating what others have said already but there is so much confusion about this: The only reason the new Linden Homes have more prims than the old ones is that they take up all the land tier and prim allotment included in the premum membership package. The old ones only take up half of it and you're free to use the rest on some mainland plot if you like.

7 hours ago, Mizraimliella said:

SOME of the new Linden Homes have a larger LI because they are on larger lots -- 1024 instead of 512.  However, the new Trailers are on 512 plots just like the old Linden Homes and they only have an LI of 175 just like the old Linden Homes.  The reason is that the LI is tied to the plot SIZE and has nothing to do with the Linden Home being old or new.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.